+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    MsMummy & diamondeyes, my son doesn't usually poo at the creche, but yesterday he crapped twice. Once when I first got there and then halfway through pump, which was a real bummer as it was on the middle of the back track and I had increased my weights, then by the time I got back, it was the triceps track. They don't change nappies at all.

My friend is doing a fitness course and told me that from what she's learnt so far, pump is a waste of time. I felt a but miffed by that, but she then went on to say that it is good for toning and burning calories, but not muscle building, or for continuing to burn calories after your workout, which is fine by me. I don't want to look like a body builder.

Might be going for dinner later, must eat from the healthy menu option

Del - poo about AF, good luck this month!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    im a bit upset... i weighed in today (two days early) and i havent lost anything (the AF bloating gain i had is gone) but...honestly 5 workouts, perfect eating and i mean perfect, not a white carb, or even a bite of junk food passed my lips. protein in every meal..salads (no cremy dressings) just i cant fault it. and nothing not a loss at all.

blardy hell what the heck?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Goodmorning Lovelies,

BRV - I wish my gym did aqua classes, I wish they had a pool even! Our creche is the same, wont change nappies, they used to, but when I cam bac after a break they said rules had changed. It sucks, but luckily I have never been called out during a class.

nudge88 - My youngest is 2 and hasn't been breastfed since he was 3months old. I agree with you, relax a bit and weigh your self in a months time, I often have breaks because my weight flucuates alot and it takes a good 2 weeks to get down to a stable weight and then another 2 or so to lose a bit more.

DiamondEyes - That really sucks hun I could imagine your frustration, I get bummed when I don't get a loss and i'm half as good as you with your eating. Just remember not to lose motivation, weeks like this happen and hopefully next week you will have a loss big enough to make up for both weeks.

Msmummy - Enjoy your workout! Sounds like you have a lovely day planned, we are hitting the beach aswell.

Well DP and I had a massive arguement last night, we still aren't on talking terms. So I didn't make it to the gym ths morning, plus the kids and I slept in, didn't wake up until 8 and spin started at 8:15 lol. I think I might take the kids to the beach today, it's perfect weather for it, tomorrow i'll make attack to make up for missing today, but i think my body will be glad to have a day off, I am so sore from attack and combat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Diamondeyes - bummer about not losing any weight. It's really disheartening. Makes you just want to give up, but think of this: you might not have lost any weight, but at least you are healthier. Hugs and good luck next week. If you've already lost a lot of weight, perhaps you have hit a plateau.

Mothersinstinct - I hardly ever get called out to change nappies, and luckily I didn't get called out of the pool yesterday.

I did a few laps of the pool yesterday and then aqua. It was really good to do something different, and I found the resistance of the water tough, but I didn't feel out of breath. I might do it occasionally to make exercise interesting.

I weighed in this morning, as I am going to a christening today and will probably overindulge Anyway, I was 93.5 (down 2.5) which I am really happy about, but I figure it's really only .5kg loss as I reckon periods add 2kg and I've just finished mine.

Good luck all tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    Good work ladies with your workouts.

I'm still going on the couch to 5k and man is it getting hard. Ive decided to stop weighing myself as it's just depressing. Last week I was up and down all over the place. In a day I went up a kilo. The next day I was down a kilo. So irritating. I'm just going to weigh myself in 5 weeks which will be at the end of the c25k program.

Also wondering how long it's been since you ladies had your bubbas and if you are still breast feeding.
    I'm still breastfeeding. LO is only 8 weeks old. I couldn't imagine running just yet, my boobs would be all over the place .

So I'm not fitting in much exercise, in fact a bit of gardening is about it. And I'm struggling with feeling quite ravenous, so haven't been as good this week. Not looking forward to weighing in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    I'm still breastfeeding. LO is only 8 weeks old. I couldn't imagine running just yet, my boobs would be all over the place .

So I'm not fitting in much exercise, in fact a bit of gardening is about it. And I'm struggling with feeling quite ravenous, so haven't been as good this week. Not looking forward to weighing in.
    I think I mostly did pram walking with my son as a newborn. It's a tough stage, so I wouldn't be hard on yourself. The great thing is that you can burn calories just by sitting down and feeding. My downfall was that I ate stupid amounts of chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

I did a few laps of the pool yesterday and then aqua. It was really good to do something different, and I found the resistance of the water tough, but I didn't feel out of breath. I might do it occasionally to make exercise interesting.

I weighed in this morning, as I am going to a christening today and will probably overindulge Anyway, I was 93.5 (down 2.5) which I am really happy about, but I figure it's really only .5kg loss as I reckon periods add 2kg and I've just finished mine.

Good luck all tomorrow.
    Was that the first time you've done aqua? I used to do it, but haven't done it for ages, since I started the other classes. I think it definitely is good for resistance. Like pilates, perhaps - you don't sweat or burn a lot of calories but you can sort of feel it later.

Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    Well DP and I had a massive arguement last night, we still aren't on talking terms. So I didn't make it to the gym ths morning, plus the kids and I slept in, didn't wake up until 8 and spin started at 8:15 lol. I think I might take the kids to the beach today, it's perfect weather for it, tomorrow i'll make attack to make up for missing today, but i think my body will be glad to have a day off, I am so sore from attack and combat.
    Are you talking again! Did you have an argument on your date night? that's awful, although sometimes it's the only time parents get to talk to each other as it's hard to thrash stuff out with kids around.

Did you end up going to beach yesterday? The weather was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    im a bit upset... i weighed in today (two days early) and i havent lost anything (the AF bloating gain i had is gone) but...honestly 5 workouts, perfect eating and i mean perfect, not a white carb, or even a bite of junk food passed my lips. protein in every meal..salads (no cremy dressings) just i cant fault it. and nothing not a loss at all.

blardy hell what the heck?
    Hugs. Don't get discouraged (but I totally understand why after you have done everything right). You could find you have a bigger drop next week. Bodies are weird things. Fingers crossed for a loss soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post

My friend is doing a fitness course and told me that from what she's learnt so far, pump is a waste of time. I felt a but miffed by that, but she then went on to say that it is good for toning and burning calories, but not muscle building, or for continuing to burn calories after your workout, which is fine by me. I don't want to look like a body builder.
    PT propaganda against classes! I don't think pump is meant to build big muscles though. I think that you can become complacent with pump and plateau. I find you have to make the weights heavy enough that you struggle to get through it. I have been doing that lately, and my muscles are sore the next day and my heart races during some of the tracks. I thought, for health, you needed to do resistance training, whether that's using weights, or body weight, or yoga or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    My DD is 4 months next week and I am still breastfeeding. I'm not too worried about my supply as I had oversupply until about a month ago an my breasts have finally adjusted. I'm still keeping an eye on my supple just in case

I want to lose some of my baby weight, as I put on about 25kg during pregnancy.
    I don't expect/want to drop everything straight away but I'm sick of being a whale and I was thinner when I was 4/5 months pregnant!
    Did you drop quite a bit immediately though? I put on 25kg during pregnancy as well. I was about 85kg after my morning sickness ended, and was 110kg when I gave birth. Then within a week I think I was back around 100kg, but I found it hard to shake it as I just ate rubbish. Hopefully if you persist with the c25k and the good eating, it will slowly come off.

It's frustrating, though.

Well, I came good on my intention to exercise yesterday. Did express pump and step and burnt about 950 cals. We went to the coast in the afternoon, and had a swim in the ocean. being the gold coast, there was the usual assortment of tall leggy girls in bikinis and groups of bogans, so I felt a bit awkward. I used to wear boardshorts to the beach, but stopped about a year ago because they're not really comfortable. I have generally felt okay about liberating myself from them, but felt self conscious yesterday (the bottoms are the hotpant type ones, that cover up a bit more, and the top is a tankini) at exposing my size 16 flesh.

Ate too much rubbish yesterday again, so anticipating another crap weigh in tomorrow. Oh well. at least these threads indulge my slight obsession for talking about exercise.

I am at work today, and I have grand intentions of walking home. Hmn, maybe halfway home as I work in the CBD and live 12k from the CBD, and have sore legs from pump and step yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey gals.

MI- sorry to hear about the fight, hope everything is all better now! Did u end up going to the beach??

Bigredv- awesome on the loss, regardless of the loss for the week, reaching that number on the scales is less than what it was and thats awesome and your closer to where u wanna be now!

Bugsy- awww your newbie is very new! I understand really wanting to get rid of bubba weight, but you'd still be in sleep deprivation mode too! Dnt beat yourself up

Msmummy- awesome work on all the classes, being an exercise nut makes me heaps prouder than the actual weight i lose, cause i really push myself, and not a lot of people do ( not to be judgy but i sometimes see people on the treadmill going at a snails pace and wonder whats the point?) if im not as red as a baboons a55 and breathless then i dont think ive had a good enough workout!

I think ive addressed everyone on this page yeah?

Well after my sooky sookstrum yesterday weighed in this morning at 91. So thats a kilo loss for the week. Yesterday i went to one of those nutremetics parties or whatever and had a bit too much snacky dippy foods so i was sure it was gonna be bad...but i think maybe im not eating enough...and eating more woke my body up? Anyways cant wait to be in the 80's!! 6 more kilos till my next goal.... i make it by christmas!

Welp im off to the gym! Have a great sunday everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That's great news, Diamondeyes. You must be so excited to be almost in the 80s!

I was thinking about your eating versus exercise the other day. Do you end up on negative calories most of the time? Do you eat under 1000? I think the body uses at least 1500 to function, and I imagine you burn a lot at the gym as well. How does that work with energy etc? Do you feel tired a lot? Or does your body just adjust to the new situation?

I burn a lot of calories at the gym, but I am an overeater, unfortunately.

It's so great that you could probably lose weight without exercise, but you have embraced it. It's so good for your body and mind. I don't know about you, but I feel a sense of personal achievement, that even though I'm fat, and I struggle with the psychological stuff with eating, that I have conquered my previous gym fears, and feel confident and strong to exercise, even though I'm always the fattest person in the classes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, its a difficult balance, i end up in negatives the whole time, because i cant really over eat and (dont freak out everyone) but im not meant to exceed 800 calories a day.i'm not entirely sure i reach that limit either... I dont feel tired or anything i have adjusted, im generally a lazy person lol its more mind over matter rather than physical tiredness when it comes to that, but yes there are ALOT of people who have this surgery that dont exercise at all and lose big numbers every week.
    If i do no exercise i lose about the same, never more than a kilo a week, (i dont know why but also i go weeks without losing too with no exercise) but i just cant mentally cope with not doing anything, i was/am terrfied of getting super saggy, so thats one reason and also its just a lifestyle i always wanted to have, to go to the gym and to love going, its a big part of my life now and i couldnt give it up despite it possibly hindering my weightloss (that seems sooo odd to say) lol.

I think im gonna start using calorie king to figure out the imput and output correctly, i might need to go easy on being so super strict with my food and actually have something bad every couple of days to make sure the weeks worth of calories is used up... How odd... To not be worried about over eating but struggling to eat enough.. >_< frustrating. Balannnceee i just want balanceeeee.

Yep for sure i feel heaps of acheivement when i finish a week of great exercise... I used to be one of the biggest members of the gym (130kgs) and i used to cry when id leave there cause there were so many hot babes and buff guys who would avoid even looking at me... But i just kept going..and that makes me proud!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post

Yep for sure i feel heaps of acheivement when i finish a week of great exercise... I used to be one of the biggest members of the gym (130kgs) and i used to cry when id leave there cause there were so many hot babes and buff guys who would avoid even looking at me... But i just kept going..and that makes me proud!
    Does it ever make your head spin that you're the same person, but people would perceive you so differently at 130kg versus 90kg? As you said, even your experience at the gym is different.

It's crazy all the pre-conceptions we have based on appearance.

My partner was showing me some stuff from 1950s psych theory last night, saying that there are three natural body types (it was talking about men) and that personality was inherently connected to your body type. I think that theory sort of fizzled, but they had comments about the perception of the different body types. The flabby type was lazy, and other generally awful characteristics. I really hate that fat and lazy stereotype. Most overweight people I know are conscientious and work hard, but they have emotional eating issues.

My partner has the opposite problem. He does no exercise and eats sort of normally and is quite underweight. There is no fat anywhere on his body, and he's over 6 foot. He says that it is more socially unacceptable to be an underweight man, than an overweight man, and he won't take his shirt off at the beach, the pool or anywhere in public. Actually, even at home, he always wears clothes. When we were at the beach yesterday, there was a slightly taller guy with a similar physique, and my partner pointed out that it was unusual as most guys are either a bit overweight, or well built or if they are skinny, they are also under 6 foot. Really tall skinny men sort of stand out.

Why is body image so important, and why does it plague us so much?

Sorry, this is a useful part musing part rant when I should be working.