+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    I hope it's nothing but an upset belly BRV, poor little fella. Probably best to keep him home, could you take him for a walk instead, the fresh air would do him good.
    I could take him for a walk on his trike, and my daughter can ride her scooter. I might walk to the park, it's not far, but fresh air at least

Welcome to those who want to join in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Can I join? I've put on 6kg in the last year despite being a big gymer. Too many weights and not enough cardio

SW - 67.0 kg
    GW - 58.0 kg

so that's just over a kilo a week, totally obtainable ... I was 68kg at the beginning of the week so already on my way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive been very very bad! Haven't been to the gym in a few days and last night we got takeaway an even though I got a salad, I ended up eating Dds chips!!! Nooooooo
    Checked thismorning and I'm now 91.3 so I'm still going down! Yay! If I can get to 85 before Christmas it will be a miracle! Time to get serious again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Welcome Delirium, Hope this thread brings you some more motivation.

Wannbmumma - I'm sure you can do it, 6.3 kilos by christmas is very doable, just stay motivated! I am aiming to lose 6.9kilos by Christmas

BRV - Enjoy your walk today, does any of your park have those weights/exercise machines set up at them, i find them great when i take the boys to the park i just jump on them while they play.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    gonna bite the bullet eeeeep... can i join please?? ^_^

i'm currently 92 kilos, and i'd love to get to 85 by christmas, i've lost 37 already so im on the right track and know what to do, but id love to have a chat with people going through the same thing, for motivation and so on!

plan of attack is, protein protein protein and 3 x gym/week and zumba once a week. (i was doing 5 days a week but its becoming unrealistic as we have just added a new therapy for my sons special needs)

hope to get to know u all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Funny article. My partner has those shorts with the undies in them, I'd better check the elastic

My main annoyance (I guess I find it strange more than anything) is people who park illegally right outside the gym door, or in the 3 disabled parking spaces right next to the door because they can't be bothered to walk an extra 20m to the car park or up 15 stairs to the second-storey car park???

I have a session today with my trainer. Hoping to do at least 45 minute cardio before my session at 10.
    I do get annoyed when young fit people sans children park in the childminding parking and bounce out of their car instead of walking the extra 50m. it's like the parents with prams argument in the shopping centre all over. :d

Focus on having a better week next week BRV. Just imagine how great you are going to feel once you get under that 90kilo mark, i know you can do it!

I have still been hard at it, did an attack class this morning, also weighed myself and I am down to 86.9!! I was pleasently surprised by that, I may still make it under 80kilos by Christmas afterall
    You can do it re 80! you sound like you're doing really well with both diet and exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Danni~ View Post
    Better late than never lol, I have been reading along on my phone though!

week 1 - 24.10.2011 - 69.5kg
    week 2 - 31.10.2011 - 69.8kg
    week 3 - 7.11.2011 -
    week 4 - 14.11.2011 -
    week 5 - 21.11.2011 -
    week 6 - 28.11.2011 -
    week 7 - 5.12.2011 -
    week 8 - 12.12.2011 -

That my friends would be a GAIN of 300 grams
    If it makes you feel better I have only gained in the last 1.5 weeks as well (glum). you might get a good result next week though, as it's amazing how little things can affect it week to week.

I am now 88.7, which means I am down 1.8kg's this week I am extremely happy with that, it's just what I need to keep my motivation high. I did combat/pump this morning, i tested my strength a fair bit in pump and went up in weights in almost all tracks, but i'm really feeling it in my arms now, it's like a whole other workout when DS2 want's to be picked up, just trying to lift him into the car after the class was a mission
    that's fantastic - 1.8k! the combat/pump is challenging. I often do pump, then step, and always think I'm going to die during step. I once did step then combat, and was struggling by the end. i find once you start doing classes back to back, you feel disappointed with just doing one class, iyknim. but, my son is a little bit anxious, so i only take him to the creche for an hour at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    weighing in: 61.8 so 800g lost.

I'm happy with that, can't afford to risk my supply by losing too quickly.
    All this gym talk, I'm envious. I live 1 hour away from the closest gym, and it is just not feasible with DD only 7 weeks old.

So I am eating low GI eating, no more than 110g a carbs and keeping calories around 1500 a day. So despite spending most of my time sitting on the couch breastfeeding, it seems to be working.
    congrats! you don't need to go to the gym as breastfeeding is a great calorie burner.

how are you finding carb counting. i tried doing 100g a day earlier this year and it didn't suit me. i was crying, irritable, light headed. a an colleague did 30g a day for ages and lost a lot of weight but i like fruit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I'm still 95 this morning.

Even though I'm going to gym this morning, I want to do attack tonight.
    did you do attack? I am quite fond of attack, but have never got the hang of the super thing - you know jumping sideways, kicking your leg one way and arm raised the other way like superman?

Hmn, my other quotes didn't work. will have to do another post. i don't get on a computer every day, and these type of threads are hard to update from your phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    gonna bite the bullet eeeeep... can i join please?? ^_^

i'm currently 92 kilos, and i'd love to get to 85 by christmas, i've lost 37 already so im on the right track and know what to do, but id love to have a chat with people going through the same thing, for motivation and so on!

plan of attack is, protein protein protein and 3 x gym/week and zumba once a week. (i was doing 5 days a week but its becoming unrealistic as we have just added a new therapy for my sons special needs)

hope to get to know u all
    welcome, diamondeyes. that's amazing about your weight loss.

how do you find zumba? i do pretty much every gym class, but am a bit scared of zumba as i have rubbish rhythm and am a bit inhibited. although i have added the "party arms" in step class so anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    Ive been very very bad! Haven't been to the gym in a few days and last night we got takeaway an even though I got a salad, I ended up eating Dds chips!!! Nooooooo
    Checked thismorning and I'm now 91.3 so I'm still going down! Yay! If I can get to 85 before Christmas it will be a miracle! Time to get serious again!
    congratulations on your loss! i think we all have down periods, as long you bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Can I join? I've put on 6kg in the last year despite being a big gymer. Too many weights and not enough cardio

SW - 67.0 kg
    GW - 58.0 kg

so that's just over a kilo a week, totally obtainable ... I was 68kg at the beginning of the week so already on my way
    good luck with your loss!

do you have those pump muscles that i so envy?

it's hard balancing the cardio and weights sometimes. what sort of cardio do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Oh poo!!! I always see these things AFTER they have started
    No problems. i haenn't actually lost any weight yet so it's like i'm starting now.

i should get moving as i've booked my son in for the creche at 9.30 so i can do pump.

i weighed myself this morning - 88. eff eff eff. although it disproves my amazing theory that you can eat rubbish every day for an extended period and not gain weight. who would have thought the kilos of chocolate i have eaten recently would eventually show up on the scales. i guess at least exercising meant it wasn't as much as it should be.

my exercise has been ok this week. pump on monday night, nothing tuesday, 5k walk on wed, step last night and will do pump this morning and then another class tomorrow morning, maybe a run tomorrow night, work on sunday, so maybe just a run before or after work as the gym isn't open for as long.

just need to get my eating under control. i feel bloated as normal, so i just had fruit for breakfast (half a mango, a frozen orange, and a kiwifruit in the food processor - ends up like a sorbet). think i need a bit of a fruit detox. got my period yesterday, so hopefully some of the weight is linked to that (denial).

hope everybody has a good eating and exercisnig weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    msmummy - pre-menstrual i ate so much, gained over 1kilo, but the next week i lost almost 2kilos, so i did blame AF partially. Have fun at gym, my boys are booked in at 9:30 asweel while I do combat.

diamond eyes - Welcome, good to see you in hear Goodluck reaching your Christmas goal, I am sur eyou can do it and have done so well already.

Well I better get a move on, other wise I will end up being late!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks for the lovely welcome

my gym doesn't do classes at all (its one of those 24/7 gyms) so i really wanted to do an independant run class and zumba is the only one available. it's pretty fun, i have no co-ordination at all and looked like i was on crack trying to get it all done right lol...arms and legs flailing, hips thrusting out of rhythm, but everyone has said after a few weeks when u know the steps it gets much easier.

the instructor said to begin with that if u can't do the legs and the arms at the same time, just do the legs, lol i kept catching myself getting the legs stuff fine and realising my arms were just in weird positions hahaha. i say go for it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post

good luck with your loss!

do you have those pump muscles that i so envy?

it's hard balancing the cardio and weights sometimes. what sort of cardio do you do?
    Well I'm looking really unproportioned atm. I have muscly arms with definition, muscly calves and legs...... and this podgy belly I look 3 months pg *sighs*

I'm back to doing 30-40 min stints on the cross trainer. Last night I did the bike and stepper. I've been trying to do no less than a 350cal burn each day plus my weights.

I'm on a high protein low fat diet atm. Lots of tuna, and deli meat salads (similar to the body trim diet). Cut out 90% of my carbs