+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default an unconventional family looking for gestational surrogate in Australia

Hi there all
    well heres my story.im 43 and have had a successfull career as an actor.some years ago my partner passed away and I decided to have a child on my own with a friend as donor.i now have a wonderfull 5 year old girl who I treasure,and 4 frozen embryos.unfortunatly the pregnancy messed my body around so much that Im told it would risk my life to try for a sibling for my beuatifull girl. I cant take that risk so im faced with the dilemna of how to proceed.i have considered donating the embryos but feel unsure due to the fact that I want another child so much myself,wether that would be too hard.

Someone suggested surrogacy, and then donating any embryos left if a child is concieved for me, but I assumed that it would not be an option for me as a sole parent. I looked into the india option but feel even more unsure of that as a way to proceed ,it just dousnt feel right.
    All i can say is that i am financially and emotionally secure ,i own my house and now lecture at a tertiary institution 3 evenings a week which provides very well for my family.I am a playfull and creative person and a dedicated mum with a very happy and social child. I am also a musician and play duoble bass so music is a big part of our homelife.
    i passionatly want to have another child and a sibling for my little girl,and I have strong support from godparents ,friends and family. My girl has a great relationship with her dad altho he is not in the role of a traditional father.
    If there is anyone out there who can relate to this story,i would love to hear from you.all the best Karen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wishing you both all the best with your search

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykitty For This Useful Post:

karend  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Just want to wish you best of luck

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

karend  (30-10-2011),laurea  (02-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Karen,

For some reason I can't send you a personal message! Can you pls contact me linayra@live.com

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish i could help. I wish you all the best. I'd love to hear if you get your wish

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our son was born through surrogacy in India in June last year. We are currently 7 weeks pg with number 2. I can give you info about this if you like. It's not for everyone, but it does work. Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Meganrose,

I'm currently starting the process of researching surrogacy (in particular gestational) in India. How did you find the whole process? And in your opinion would you recommend it to others?

I have APS (an autoimmune condition) that almost killed me in a pregnancy this year and have now been advised that another pregnancy is likely to cause a stroke. Any insight into your experience would be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Meganrose View Post
    Our son was born through surrogacy in India in June last year. We are currently 7 weeks pg with number 2. I can give you info about this if you like. It's not for everyone, but it does work. Good luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

Here's another one who had babies thanks to India and Indians.
    We even wrote up an ebook on it, only too glad to pass it to you if we knew your email address.

In one email message we can send you all you need to know about surrogacy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thanks for your reply.My main concern with India was the well being of the woman,I was told no contact or visits were allowed with your surrogate,am\nd this made ame uneasy.how did you find the experience?
    karen