View Poll Results: Are your under 6 years old sons circumcised?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 23.70%
  • No

101 74.81%
  • No, but they are going to be soon

2 1.48%
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naebie View Post
    The chances of developing infections to the point of the friend you mentioned it quite rare, though. Circumcision can not be undone, however, if it isn't done as a routine procedure in infancy then it can be done if and when a problem arises. This is what I mean by circing "down the track", if and when something happens that makes it medically necessary.
    I agree that it can't be undone. The infection/issue part being rare I'm not so sure about - my brother is a nurse and has seen many an uncomfortable man with this issue. However, for me what it comes down to, and this is how I've elected to make my choice, and you may choose differently, is that there is a chance my son could have an issue. By making a small alteration to his penis, I can completely annihilate that chance. We're not talking about removing his penis completely, or rendering it unfunctional. My DP is done, and I can tell you his functions very very well! It is a minor procedure to remove a small, useless flap of skin. It is not removing an arm. Why wouldn't I protect my child if I can and the benefits, in my mind (and again, you may disagree but I'm not trying to convince you), outweigh the risks?
    If I have it done, it's done - maybe people might judge me, maybe my son will be upset with me in the future - but I feel it's the right choice. If I don't have it done, & my son has issues resulting in him having to be circ'd at 21 - well then he'll certainly be cross with me for not having it done when he was too little to remember, I'll be cross with me for not going with my gut and I will have subjected him to pain because I didn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The foreskin is not a useless piece of skin!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

brogeybear  (27-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becandabub View Post
    Surely this is not a reasonable comparison? The foreskin is a tiny flap of skin with limited, if any, function and non-visible in day to day life - it will be a boy/mans choice for the most part who knows if he's got one or not. The breasts are functional & obvious, therefore affecting a young lady in an obvious way to the outside world & with her potential to breast feed her children should she choose to do so. This sensationalist talk is what blows things out of proportion.
    It's this type of utter garbage that gets intactivists so angry! The foreskin is an extremely functional, normal peice of the male anatomy! Such misinformation and disrespect for the function of your child's body, ugh! Yes, as a parent at the moment you have the legal right to for no reason whatsoever, permanently remove a functional piece of his body. But don't dare promote such utter tripe as to say it is a "tiny flap of skin with limited, if any, function". That shows just how uneducated your choice has been. Yours is the talk which is sensationalist, and frankly, completely untrue!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brogeybear For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (30-10-2011)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    For the sake of accuracy: foreskin can actually be regrown, but it's not something which is easily done, it takes a lot of commitment on the part of the person wanting to do it, takes a long time, and isn't very pleasant from what i've read...

Google it, you'll probably never get the images from your head lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinboysmum View Post
    I read another post and it got me thinking how many boys these days are circumcised? I mainly want to know to see if my boys will be the "norm" with other boys their age.
    Please only answer if your sons are 5 and under.
    Don't want to start a debate of what is wrong or right or better I just want to know what is more common these days.
    Have some respect for the thread. The op was not after a debate. Based on your decision to or not to circ provides enough feedback.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivfhopeful View Post
    Have some respect for the thread. The op was not after a debate. Based on your decision to or not to circ provides enough feedback.
    And in all honesty, how many times have these threads never gone the way the op wanted? It's always going to spark a debate..,

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

naebie  (27-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brogeybear View Post
    It's this type of utter garbage that gets intactivists so angry! The foreskin is an extremely functional, normal peice of the male anatomy! Such misinformation and disrespect for the function of your child's body, ugh! Yes, as a parent at the moment you have the legal right to for no reason whatsoever, permanently remove a functional piece of his body. But don't dare promote such utter tripe as to say it is a "tiny flap of skin with limited, if any, function". That shows just how uneducated your choice has been. Yours is the talk which is sensationalist, and frankly, completely untrue!
    Ok, I think you're getting a little emotional about this. You have what you believe to be true - I believe something different which is completely within my rights to do so. You've absolutely no idea what my level of education is, and to accuse me of being uneducated in order to support your own view is a bit sad.
    It's quite funny - it seems that some of those who feel the need not to circ also feel the need to force their views and opinions down the throat of others. And go ahead - attack me all you like after this post - I won't be bothering to check since this is not a discussion about opinions clearly but a slanging match.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (27-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinboysmum View Post
    I read another post and it got me thinking how many boys these days are circumcised? I mainly want to know to see if my boys will be the "norm" with other boys their age.
    Please only answer if your sons are 5 and under.
    Don't want to start a debate of what is wrong or right or better I just want to know what is more common these days.
    Looks like the circ boys will be the odd boys out

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I asked my 10yo son about what happens in the change room at swimming - none of the kids 'look' at each other, though apparently one day the boys did start a convo on circ'ng and the few kids who were circ'd were uncomfortable about admitting they were circ'd.

DS has since commented to me that he's glad he's not circ'd

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (30-10-2011),twotrunks  (30-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is done! i had mixed feelings about getting it done, but now its done im glad it is

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast