View Poll Results: Are your under 6 years old sons circumcised?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 23.70%
  • No

101 74.81%
  • No, but they are going to be soon

2 1.48%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freshy View Post
    It is 22% at the moment which is only a little above the current national rate of 19%. What I find interesting is that out of more than fifty actual replies only two have been from mothers who had their boys circumcised. Make of that what you will but it suggests to me that they are embarrassed and ashamed they had their boys done.
    I'm one of the mums whose 1 year old boy has been circumcised and I can say that I am in no way embarrassed or ashamed to tell people that we chose to have him circumcised! We are very comfortable with our decision and are very happy that we had it done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Two boys, both intact and would be the same with any other boys we had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, my 9 month old son hasn't had any part of his body removed. No child of mine ever would unless there was a medical reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    Both of my sons have not had it done.... but I kinda regret it now...
    Can I ask why?
    If there is a medical reason it can be done now or later down the track, am I right?

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by freshy View Post
    It is 22% at the moment which is only a little above the current national rate of 19%. What I find interesting is that out of more than fifty actual replies only two have been from mothers who had their boys circumcised. Make of that what you will but it suggests to me that they are embarrassed and ashamed they had their boys done.
    If you have been around and seen it all before it is probably a reflection of the way some issues and those who admit to it get chased down with torches and pick forks for their decisions not embarrassed

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810b using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitsee View Post
    If you have been around and seen it all before it is probably a reflection of the way some issues and those who admit to it get chased down with torches and pick forks for their decisions not embarrassed

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810b using Bubhub
    Hit the nail on the head. Once bitten twice shy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oops my son isnt cut but he is 11 so minus one for intact sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not ashamed here at all I feel I made the right decision for them. I don't care at all what total strangers feel of my parenting choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by naebie View Post
    Can I ask why?
    If there is a medical reason it can be done now or later down the track, am I right?
    I've been reading but not posting - this is quite interesting to me. I just wondered - why would someone want to circ their kid "down the track"? I know a guy who wasn't but had so many infections when he became sexually active that at 21 he elected to have it done. The pain this guy went through was unimaginable. It was so bad that DP & I have decided if we have a boy we will circ - I don't want my kid finding himself in that position later when a quick procedure that he won't remember could prevent it.
    I sometime think this child's right to choose debate is a little difficult to back up - if it's a tiny baby's right to choose, then what is the parent's role? Surely it is our role to act in what we believe a child's best interest is - for some, circ, for others, not. It isn't the baby's choice, whatever you choose, it was your choice in the interest of your child, & it was driven by adult opinions & views. My parents made a lot of choices on my behalf I don't agree with but they did the best they could at the time, & that was their role as my folks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope not done here, just after DS was born I was recommended a blog about circumcision and it made me ill... I could't do that to my boy unless he had to be done. JMO

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast