View Poll Results: Are your under 6 years old sons circumcised?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    32 23.70%
  • No

    101 74.81%
  • No, but they are going to be soon

    2 1.48%
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 121
  1. #111
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    On another note I am so sad that the Drs here seem to want to cut boys for no good reason,
    A penis is not supposed to be painful. If a child is in pain, then there IS a good reason.

    It amazes me how stubborn the anti-circ crowd is in this regard. It gives the impression that you would all just sit back and watch (or go to doctor after doctor until you find one that gives the answer you want) as your child is in agony rather than take action just because of your stubborn 'beliefs'.

    I sincerely hope that if you son does ever have a problem, then the look of pain in his eyes would be enough to give you an open mind on this subject, and be able to make a decision for what is in HIS best interest rather than your own.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    My nephews were in severe discomfort and pain with redness as most boys would be having this problem so if this was the case with a boy of your own would you not listen to the advice of a dr and let your child suffer instead?
    It depends on the circumstances, I would get second opinions because I know this is way over diagnosed I would observe my son to make sure he isnt harming himself, I would make sure every grown up including the drs are not pulling the skin back etc

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    southern adelaide
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    415
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    A penis is not supposed to be painful. If a child is in pain, then there IS a good reason.

    It amazes me how stubborn the anti-circ crowd is in this regard. It gives the impression that you would all just sit back and watch (or go to doctor after doctor until you find one that gives the answer you want) as your child is in agony rather than take action just because of your stubborn 'beliefs'.

    I sincerely hope that if you son does ever have a problem, then the look of pain in his eyes would be enough to give you an open mind on this subject, and be able to make a decision for what is in HIS best interest rather than your own.
    But it is the majority of the time in their best interest to remain in tact..

    If you had any illness surely you too would search for doctors with a method that can effectively treat with minimal invasive procedures. It's not wrong to seek out more than one opinion personally I think it's dryer parenting to be more informed and exhaust the options before resorting to amputation of anything. Would you cut your child's tonsils out because they caught tonsillitis once? How is circumcision the first option for so many when it should be one of the last?

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,610
    Thanks
    1,023
    Thanked
    511
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    But it is the majority of the time in their best interest to remain in tact..

    If you had any illness surely you too would search for doctors with a method that can effectively treat with minimal invasive procedures. It's not wrong to seek out more than one opinion personally I think it's dryer parenting to be more informed and exhaust the options before resorting to amputation of anything. Would you cut your child's tonsils out because they caught tonsillitis once? How is circumcision the first option for so many when it should be one of the last?
    Its because people think it is pointless piece of skin it like so many other things that drs just cut out because it is easier and more cost effective why mess with trying to figure out a problem when you can just cut it off and problem solved even if its not the best way to deal. Its kinda sad IMO soo n we will be removing noses because they get runny and hurt when they get raw from having to wipe them so often in the winter time

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Narre Warren, Vic
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked
    196
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I'm curious to know how you think the so called infection was due to being circumcised? My 2 nephews were the only 2 in the family not circumcised and had to be at the age of 6yrs due to the foreskin being too tight hence them having continued irratibility and infections.
    Please read my post again, my nephew was circumcised due a bad infection!

    It's the second time that my post has been read wrong, I have also stated my DS isn't circumcised but yet I coped ridicule for someone thinking they had read I did have him done, I am also one that is pro choice and hold no judgement on any parent that decides to circ or not circ.

    I'm sorry you must have me on a bad day, I usually do not feel the need to defend myself however with a non sleeping 9mth old and my dad in a bad way in hospital I just can handle anymore ridicule.

    I will not be assisting anyone in such a poll again!
    Sorry to the OP who was just curious on statistics.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    southern adelaide
    Posts
    2,370
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked
    415
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    Please read my post again, my nephew was circumcised due a bad infection!

    It's the second time that my post has been read wrong, I have also stated my DS isn't circumcised but yet I coped ridicule for someone thinking they had read I did have him done, I am also one that is pro choice and hold no judgement on any parent that decides to circ or not circ.

    I'm sorry you must have me on a bad day, I usually do not feel the need to defend myself however with a non sleeping 9mth old and my dad in a bad way in hospital I just can handle anymore ridicule.

    I will not be assisting anyone in such a poll again!
    Sorry to the OP who was just curious on statistics.
    bad days suck, I hope it gets better soon

    Circumcision is always going to be a touchy subject and best avoided if sensitive

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykitty For This Useful Post:

    Cluky79  (12-12-2011)

  8. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    Would you cut your child's tonsils out because they caught tonsillitis once? How is circumcision the first option for so many when it should be one of the last?
    Q1. Yes. I did. As a matter of fact, my 3 year old hadn't even had tonsillitis when he got them removed.
    Q2. Because sometimes it will be the only option, and it can limit the cumulative pain experienced by a child when done in a timely fashion.

  9. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,698
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummykitty View Post
    Would you cut your child's tonsils out because they caught tonsillitis once? How is circumcision the first option for so many when it should be one of the last?
    Everybody IRL that I know who got their child circumcised (except for one) got it done because the father was done, no questions.

  10. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Everybody IRL that I know who got their child circumcised (except for one) got it done because the father was done, no questions.
    It seems quite unusual that you have asked "Everybody IRL" that you know about their child's penis. You might want to get this obsession of yours checked out.

    And you obviously don't know me IRL.

    I'm not sure what your point is here.

    If I were to say that everyone I know IRL thinks that 'climate change' is crap, does that magically mean it is?

    Out of interest - what was the exception?

  11. #120
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,603
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked
    267
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I hope that you know that the foreskin is not a body part with no purpose, it has a more than one purpose.
    In your eyes it might. In my eyes, as a bloke with a penis - I am glad I don't have one.

    You have obviously got ALL of your information from the anti-circ propaganda website - some of which I find a little amusing at how hysterical they are over the 'functions' of the foreskin.

    This one is a great example of this hysteria:
    http://www.circumstitions.com/Functions.html

    Lets go through them hey? (suggest you open the list up in another window/tab)
    1. I don't need any more pleasure down there. It's sensitive enough.
    2. I don't need a "rolling bearing". It's not a wheel.
    3. Haven't had painful intercourse in my life (this happens to be more common with those with a foreskin due to phimosis out of interest).
    4. This doesn't even make sense????? It's retracted and around the penis. Unless he is tickling you with it whilst he is flacid??? Weird.
    5. Just like fat rolls on your stomach I guess.
    6. Do they smell nice? Might have to get myself a jar to dab on myself prior to my next encounter as I obviously have limited storage ability.
    7. Everyone loves Smegma.
    8. An erection if obvious enough - if she can't recognise arousal without a foreskin, I guess she needs to work a bit harder.
    9. What happens if the seal breaks? Does an uncircumcised penis have no 'sealant' qualities? What about the really really big ones?
    10. It gets plenty moist when things start to happen, don't you worry about that.
    11. Hmmmm. Interesting story. Should I tell a story about those dangerous zippers and what they can do with some loose skin??
    12. Sounds like they are struggling. That sound just like the one above.
    13. In infancy, it is also a known cause of UTI's. Weird.
    14. Nearly had me there with some big words. So now it stops infections? Is this a good time to provide some stats regarding infection rates between circ'd and uncirc'd? Let me know.
    15. Sunburn. Hmmm. Is it legal to get it out in the sun? It's amazing that the foreskin is so special that it is also immune to getting sunburnt. It's like super skin.
    16. Ouch. Frostbite. That sounds nasty. Lucky I don't have a habit of putting the little fella in the snow.... well, not for long periods anyway. Again, the foresking must be immune to frostbite too! Definitely super skin.
    17. I'm sorry I can't help out with the eyelid thing. Or can I? I guess mine is probably walking around on someone's eye right now! How selfless of me. Maybe others should be more generous and donate theirs to other eyelids around the world too.
    18. Yep. If you have hypospadius, you will need to get rid of it.
    19. This one is my favourite. I sort of wish I wasn't circumcised afterall.
    20. WTF? ..... now that I've stopped laughing..... anyone for a tissue?
    21. WTF? This is my new favourite. Do you think they would eat them afterwards?
    22. Maybe our customs guys should now be more thorough at the airports? "Excuse me sir, can you please open your foreskin - I need to check for drugs".

    Well. Lovemyfam. You've got me. Which one was your favourite?

    On a side note - how good is that website?!!!
    I would definitely use them as an authoritive source of information. They seem so intellegent, factual and scientific.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Mum to 3 (two sons and a husband)
    By AllYouNeedIsLove in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 14:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Carmels Beauty Secrets
An online beauty and wellness site which offers simple and effective time saving methods and tips which help you look younger for longer.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!