View Poll Results: Are your under 6 years old sons circumcised?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 23.70%
  • No

101 74.81%
  • No, but they are going to be soon

2 1.48%
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Or maybe those that circ are sick of the same old judgments and generalisations? I think this is the 2nd circ thread I've replied in for about 18 months for that reason. I circed my son, and any other boys will be circed as well. Zero embarrassment and zero shame... and zero interest in what others think of me I'm a loving, educated mum...judge if you will, but honestly I'm totally comfortable with my decision
    Very well said Delirium.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't vote atm, but just wanted to
    Subscribe to the thread my 16 year old is circ'd, but I also have a 4yo and a 1yo who are intact

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ITA, some of the women I am closest to from this forum are anti RIC and I've never felt judgment from them. I know where they stand, they know where I stand, we respect each other, end of story.
    Agreed. I find that you and I most often share similar views in every other part of the forum. This is the only issue that we have opposing views on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

delirium  (08-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS isn't, but neither of us have strong opinions either way.

Of the 6 boys in my DW's mothers group, only 1 is circed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find the results interesting! 75% uncirc'd vs 25% circ'd or about to be.

I am strongly anti-circ and DS isn't circ'd, but the town I live in has a very high rate of circumcision (it's a very small town).

In my mother's group it was about 50/50. In DS's swim class (the kids run around nakey afterwards!) DS and one other are the only ones intact out of 8, so a reverse on the statistics from this poll.

Although I am anti-circ, I think if a parent has done the research, read the case for both sides and decides that circ'ing is right for them, then that is good parenting. All of my friends with young sons have circ'd them but I don't think they are bad parents for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah28 View Post
    Although I am anti-circ, I think if a parent has done the research, read the case for both sides and decides that circ'ing is right for them, then that is good parenting. All of my friends with young sons have circ'd them but I don't think they are bad parents for it.
    I take my hat off to you Leah for being so understanding and respectful to other parents and their choices. Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    My DS is 7.5mths old and is not circumcised. I left that decision up to DH cause I have mixed feelings over it all (read below)

My nephew was 4 when he was circumcised, he developed a rather nasty infection, he was refusing to go to the toilet due to the pain it was causing, he would empty his bladder once a day only if he really needed to go, in turn he also stopped drinking so it wouldn't make him go, the poor little man was in so much pain . That was 8 years ago now.
    Since then I have two more nephews, one 1 1/2 year old and one 7mth old, they are both circumcised.
    In my family circumcision is the norm, both my brothers are too.

At the end of the day it's people's choice and I feel we shouldn't judge others or try to change others minds about their choice.
    We live in a day and age where information is at ones finger tips and people have the ability to research if they choose too.

There are times where I feel very sad for op's who ask certain questions that lead to others putting their strong views across that seem to attack others (for once again their choice)
    This message was sent with a very empathetic tone ad is by no means meant to upset anyone at all.
    I'm curious to know how you think the so called infection was due to being circumcised? My 2 nephews were the only 2 in the family not circumcised and had to be at the age of 6yrs due to the foreskin being too tight hence them having continued irratibility and infections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or maybe those that circ are sick of the same old judgments and generalisations? I think this is the 2nd circ thread I've replied in for about 18 months for that reason. I circed my son, and any other boys will be circed as well. Zero embarrassment and zero shame... and zero interest in what others think of me I'm a loving, educated mum...judge if you will, but honestly I'm totally comfortable with my decision
    Very well said. We had both our boys done, always up for a debate on the issue and certainly am not embarrassed or ashamed of the decision to get our boys done!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (12-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I'm curious to know how you think the so called infection was due to being circumcised? My 2 nephews were the only 2 in the family not circumcised and had to be at the age of 6yrs due to the foreskin being too tight hence them having continued irratibility and infections.
    Sigh, I am sorry that your nephews had to be done.

On another note I am so sad that the Drs here seem to want to cut boys for no good reason, I have heard so many times that the foreskin is too tight on young boys, it is suppose to be, it loosens as they use it (sex) it only needs to be loose for the head to come out while having sex, whose young boy is going to need that feature non I wish drs would leave these poor boys alone and let the penis do its thing naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Sigh, I am sorry that your nephews had to be done.

On another note I am so sad that the Drs here seem to want to cut boys for no good reason, I have heard so many times that the foreskin is too tight on young boys, it is suppose to be, it loosens as they use it (sex) it only needs to be loose for the head to come out while having sex, whose young boy is going to need that feature non I wish drs would leave these poor boys alone and let the penis do its thing naturally.
    My nephews were in severe discomfort and pain with redness as most boys would be having this problem so if this was the case with a boy of your own would you not listen to the advice of a dr and let your child suffer instead?