View Poll Results: Are your under 6 years old sons circumcised?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 23.70%
  • No

101 74.81%
  • No, but they are going to be soon

2 1.48%
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Or maybe those that circ are sick of the same old judgments and generalisations? I think this is the 2nd circ thread I've replied in for about 18 months for that reason. I circed my son, and any other boys will be circed as well. Zero embarrassment and zero shame... and zero interest in what others think of me I'm a loving, educated mum...judge if you will, but honestly I'm totally comfortable with my decision
    Well said I totally agree with you too. So over the sensational scare mongering tactics being rammed down people's throats. Start focussing on your own parenting roles and the rest of us heathens who circumcise our sons will continue to do the same.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Actually, I judge the practice, not the parent as I have said many times before. I don't discuss circumcision with people in real life, I am not that type of person. I think parents suffer enough judgement for their choices. On a forum, you can choose to read or not, I therefore feel a lot more free to be outspoken about something I feel passionately about.

As we speak, I have my best girlfriend and her children staying with me. I often care for her toddler son when she works. He is circumcised and she has absolutely no idea how I feel about that. As far as I am concerned, she did what she thought was the best thing for her son. I may not agree with the procedure, but I can't disagree with her overall intent.

We anti-circers aren't all bad you know, just as I know those that circumcise their children aren't evil people.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Chocolate All Gone Now  (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 yr old DS is not circed and any future sons will not be either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinboysmum View Post
    I read another post and it got me thinking how many boys these days are circumcised? I mainly want to know to see if my boys will be the "norm" with other boys their age.
    I have no sons and very little knowledge on this subject, but I am of the understanding that there is a large difference geographically. So some areas will have much higher rates of circumcism than others.

Therefore whilst the poll should give an average indication for all of Australia, it may not match the area in which your sons grow up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    We anti-circers aren't all bad you know, just as I know those that circumcise their children aren't evil people.
    ITA, some of the women I am closest to from this forum are anti RIC and I've never felt judgment from them. I know where they stand, they know where I stand, we respect each other, end of story.

But I've been a member here a long time, and the stuff I've seen written (which is often swiftly removed my mods, so ty pinks) is terrible. Not in any other section would the extreme language (which people seem to use over and over despite knowing the guidelines), and beliefs be tolerated.

I guess an extreme few ruin it for the sensible majority that can disagree with the procedure but realise it doesn't make us bad parents.

I no longer feel the need to don a fire suit But it must be really full on for new circing parents to read this section. It's no wonder that around 20-25% of the BH community circ but few reply.

... and look that's 3 posts in 18 months *retreating back into my hole* lol
    Last edited by delirium; 04-11-2011 at 09:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is still intact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is 7.5mths old and is not circumcised. I left that decision up to DH cause I have mixed feelings over it all (read below)

My nephew was 4 when he was circumcised, he developed a rather nasty infection, he was refusing to go to the toilet due to the pain it was causing, he would empty his bladder once a day only if he really needed to go, in turn he also stopped drinking so it wouldn't make him go, the poor little man was in so much pain . That was 8 years ago now.
    Since then I have two more nephews, one 1 1/2 year old and one 7mth old, they are both circumcised.
    In my family circumcision is the norm, both my brothers are too.

At the end of the day it's people's choice and I feel we shouldn't judge others or try to change others minds about their choice.
    We live in a day and age where information is at ones finger tips and people have the ability to research if they choose too.

There are times where I feel very sad for op's who ask certain questions that lead to others putting their strong views across that seem to attack others (for once again their choice)
    This message was sent with a very empathetic tone ad is by no means meant to upset anyone at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cluky79 For This Useful Post:

hopefully2  (04-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is intact as will any future boys be

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS is intact & any future boys we have will remain intact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluky79 View Post
    We live in a day and age where information is at ones finger tips and people have the ability to research if they choose too.
    yes, you're absolutely right. we do have all the information at our finger tips and for that exact reason i think its horrifying that a parent would opt to put their child through any kind of surgery without thoroughly researching the surgery itself as well and the risk and all the pros and cons of such intervention first. 'if they choose too research' should not be an option.. personal research should be mandatory before a doctor will do such surgery.

whether its the norm in their family, circle of friends, community or otherwise should make no difference really and i don't think that's a valid reason to base ones own choice on... its a bit like the old 'would you jump off a bridge just because everyone else was doing it?' kind of thing.

i don't judge parents who choose either to circ or not to circ as they do both in the belief that they are making the best choice for their son. but i cant help but judge those who make that choice without seeking out as much information, knowledge, first hand experiences and medical opinions on the subject as they can get their hands on prior to making that choice.

So any parents-to-be who are reading these threads hoping theres an easy answer that will help them make their choice.. theres not, and you are really looking in the wrong place anyway. as previous posts have said, theres far too much bias and emotion surrounding this topic. So instead, talk to medical professionals and read articles written from a neutral stance which can deliver facts without the subjective bias which parents of sons on either side of the fence cant help but pass on.