+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Girls!
    Mind if I join too?! I will be having a FET in Jan. I had my first Stim Cycle in October which resulted in a good haul of eggs however copped a bad case of OHSS and ended up in hospital for over a week. That ohss is NASTY! Anyway, I am all excited about having my first transfer in January. Lets start the new year off on a high note and get lots of BFPs from this thread!!
    Last edited by Tinkers; 07-12-2011 at 20:37. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!!

Hope you're all well!

Pilbara, Rai, Summershine and Jessie - thank you all so much for the warm welcome! It looks like I may be one of the only first time IVFers in January that's on this thread - clearly there are some experienced women on here and I will definitely be counting on you all to answer the million questions I will no doubt have!

Jessie - Congratulations on your new job!! Seems it's been a whirlwind going from the old to the new in a really short time! Great news for you though, especially as it can be really hard getting work down the Goldie. Well done!

Summershine - I love your name. It makes me happy everytime I see it

Kitty - you make me laugh! December and January is the WORST time to try and lose weight, isn't it?? I have been told that eating seafood (which I do a LOT of at this time of year - thank you Australian Christmas!) is not good for you during conception and early pregnancy due to the listeria potentially causing m/c? So because I know I can't have it later in Jan, I'm going to stuff myself with prawns for as long as I can! Weight loss is probably not going to be happening...

Grace - Welcome! Are you a first timer too? The women on here seem lovely, lucky we have some experienced ladies to lend us some support and answer all the questions us newbies have!

To all the other fabulous ladies, sorry about the lack pf personals, but I know we'll all get to know each other better over the coming months, so a huge hello!

AFM, Last week I started acupuncture at Ondol Clinic in Toowoong here in Brissie. I have read some really positive studies done about acupuncture and it's effect on fertility and IVF suppport and I figure with how much we're paying for the IVF at QFG, anything that gives us a better chance for a sticky BFP has got to be a good thing! After my first session I felt really relaxed too,and that has to be good for dealing with the stress of fertility treatment Kelly at Ondol is really lovely.

We have another appt with our FS on 20 Dec, mainly to run through the timeline for January as the FS will be away over Christmas and New Year's, and to collect the Synarel. It's starting to get exciting for us now! I know that the chances of a sticky BFP are relatively low on our first try and am trying to be positive but realistic (seriously, how does anyone actually DO that??), but I just hope so, so much that our IVF journey is a short one. Not just because of the money, although of course that will be a concern, but I just wonder about my ability to cope with disappointment time after time. After experiencing the grief of ectopic pregnancies and m/c, I just don't know how long I will remain positive. So excited and nervous!! Argghhh!! I'm already driving myself crazy and it's still over a month before we start jabbing!!

I really hope you are all well and am wishing everyone a fabulous week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gang

Welcome to all our newbies, Cal1, Tinkers, Grace and Kitty (sorry if I already said hi to you previously, we have soo many new ones, it's fantastic but I think I'm at risk of losing track)
    Cal1 don't be worried about use being oldies at this you'll probably be one of the many that fall first time. Fingers crossed for you.
    Tinkers sorry about your bout of OHSS, I am in the high risk category for that but managed to side step it each time, they monitor me very closely which I have found annoying at times but still very greatful for it, especially when you hear stories such as yours. Good luck for your FET, great to have a stash in the freezer. We got nothing our first cycle and just 3 on the last but it takes some of the sting out of a failed cycle doesn't it?
    We had our app today to get results from biopsys tunnel tests and the like. Turns out I may have adenomyosis and DH's DNA is within ok limits of damage, so it's me!! I know this will sound odd but I am just so pleased that they finally found something after 6 long years of putting up with people saying, "just relax, it'll happen". Namely my sister-in-law who has 3 already. It's not "all in my head". The relief is wonderful! I have to have a MRI to confirm it, then an implant under the skin for 2 months before they will allow me to do a FET. If we end up doing another STIM cycle (which i think we will) it will be totally different from our previous ones. I think this information will make it easier for me to let go when the time comes. I told our FS tha next April is my end date but this will push us well into next year. So at this stage we won't be doing a FET in January as planned. I would like to hang with you guys though, I'm hoping all your BFP's will keep me focused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rai how long did it take to get biopsy results? I have mine on Monday : had MRI this week, it wasn't too bad, just noisy!!
    Welcome to all the new ones can't believe Xmas is almost here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I am jumping onto this thread too. Having a stim cycle in Jan/Feb. Wow I saw from your signature that most of you seem very very young. I feel like an old chook suddenly.

LG38, I saw you on this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi M2O - Yes I joined this thread although mostly just reading at the mo, so there is another old chook on here with you

Hi to all

b4us is offline aspiring to be better then yesterday
    Thanks
    Reviews
    you 2 arent old chooks dont be silly you arent old till you get the tittle senior citizin

i got the best news today we get to see dr howard smith next thursday and hopefully he will let us start in jan or feb we have all the blood test and sperm test done and all our other paper work together in a folder ready for him .
    our appt is at 10.15 and i hope we can get enough time to do the nurses appt the same day but i am not hoping to much on that happening
    i am so happy to finally get started

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moomechanic - three weeks all up. The biopsy took the 3 weeks, DH tunnel test was only two weeks. What were they looking for in your MRI? Was the biopsy an endometrial? Good luck, hope you get some answers too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Girls,

Thanks for the welcome I really hope we aren't all here too long. I reckon the waiting is the hardest part of IVF. we've been waiting so long, but i'm really glad we're finally getting started.

Tinkers, the OHSS sounds horrible, hope it all goes well for you this cycle and you get a sticky transfer. I'm in the high risk category for that too, have my fingers crossed.

Cal, acupuncture has worked really well for me, i started going when i was recovering from pneumonia and whooping cough, it was the only thing that helped me recover. I think a lot of clinics recommend it now it now, i'm def going to have more during my cycle. Chinese medicine is such a great way at looking at health. It def can't hurt.

Jesse, congrats on finding a new job straight away. Maybe its a good omen, and your cycle will be successful

I'm just waiting around till Jan. I'm on Metformin, which makes me feel pretty sick in the tummy most of the time and have started the pill which is already giving me massive migraines and horrible skin so I can't wait for the actual ivf cycle to start! Two girls in my office announced their pregnancies last week, both of them tried for 1 month and they are both 2 and 4 years older than me! I know its whingy, but its gets harder all the time to always be happy for everyone else, especially when everyone i know literally gets pregnant without even trying....

Good luck to all of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, sorry ive been a bit MIA (think I just needed to get out of the IVF headspace for a bit)... Ill try to check in more often again now! I hope you are all well, and coping with the wait.

Rai - so glad to hear that you got some answers! Now you are no longer "shooting in the dark" so to speak!

Moo - hope your biopsy went ok... I think it is today...? ...rest up and take care of yourself.

Welcome to all the newbies on this thread

AFM: it is sooooo hot up here! I am just plodding along taking my herbs and getting completely re-addicted to the diet coke . My DH has found a surgeon who is prepared to do a second vasectomy reversal on him, and is booked in for february, so my fingers are crossed that this will work again (first one worked long enough for us to conceive DD and then reblocked). I will still cycle in jan/feb, but its nice to think that we may have another option if cycle number 4 is another bust...