+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You ladies are just fabulous, thanks for making me feel like I'm not a monster. I feel heaps better today. I think sometimes you have to have a big cry and let it all out. It's stilll like a punch in the guts though every time you find out a friend or family member is pg.

Jessegirl - I'm having all the normal tests redone, they are also rechecking my insulin and I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. My SIL had very bad Endo she went to a Chinese Herbalist which helped. I also went to the herbalist and my periods are now regular but nothing has changed in the way of conceiving so not sure if I recommend or don't recommend if that makes sense? I can't believe your friend either? It's so hurtful when people don't even bother with a general "hey how are you hope everything is ok?" Grrrrr.
    It sounds like next year is going to be a good fresh start for you and that you are heading in a good direction. I think 2012 will be your year! Go Dhea do your stuff.

Pilbara - I'd cry over that too! As for the diet coke have kept off it by substituting it for Decaf diet coke sooo .... mnnnn not really keeping off it at all. It's so hard. I didn't buy any this week though. I have been taking the Royal Jelly every morning. It doesn't taste too bad. Interesting about the traditional chinese medicine. I have also been told I have a cold system and should avoid cold foods and stress. Apparently my liver is strong but my kidney is weak. Gook luck with preparing your "garden"!! stay cool.

Moomechanic - The hysteroscopy is the general look around, I've had one of those. The biopsy is different and I would love to have one of those but nobody in Perth will look at NKCs. I will be really interested to hear your results.

Rai37 - Oh my gosh what an awful experience. I think it's so true what you say nobody can really understand this until they have gone through it. I did the same thing when my SIL told me that she accidently got pregnant, I started to tear up and said it was because I was so happy. She was laughing because she said it was ironic that I was trying so hard and she got pg accidently. I didn't find it so funny. Are your family more understanding now?

AFM - Found out DH has to go away for work in Jan so probably won't be able to start my next cycle until Feb. I was really disappointed at first but maybe it's a good thing. I still have to see the FS in Dec and he may want to do more tests or something different. I still want to keep in this thread if that's ok to see how all you ladies go. Will have my for all BFPs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pilbara shoes is exactly what I had in mind lol! New running shoes yup I have a slight fitness addiction now!!

Summershine it's strange how different all the opinions are on different things between all the fs out there!
    Also I am the same when it comes to pregnancy announcements, 2 months after I finally told my parents about ivf my brother announced the first grandchild was on the way, my 12 week old niece is truly adorable and gorgeous but she never fails to break my heart every time I see her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerShine View Post
    Moomechanic - The hysteroscopy is the general look around, I've had one of those. The biopsy is different and I would love to have one of those but nobody in Perth will look at NKCs. I will be really interested to hear your results.
    I'm pretty sure Dr P. and Dr. T at HFC do NK cells...i saw it on the theatre list one day recently.

No you're not a monster, you're perfectly human. een though i have a son already, it doesn't hurtas much, but it still hurts a little when i find a friend is pregnant. also jessesgirl, that sucks...maybe just avoid her until you're ready to talk to her again
    I'm good, crazy busy, working so hard to get the finances in order for jan. made my appt with the clinic this afternoon...really got to give up coffee, my acupuncturist and TCM guy tries every appt to help me work through why i think i need it...but its not helping, i'm weak and cave in every morning.
    Will try and pop in more regularly now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening All

Had my biopsy today. Cause I was by myself my Dr got one of our nurses to hold my hand, I was thinking this was over kill but they assured me that it was going to be painful and I would need a hand to squeeze. Too funny, I didn't feel a thing. Been told before I have a good pain threshold. It made me laugh. They made me wait a while till they would let me go so I picked my Dr brains about the procedures you have been talking about. We didn't use the proper technical terms but basically, jury us still out as to weather IVF success is mainly attributed to the drugs given or just the body reacting to all the poking around in there that happens each cycle. The idea of doing just the procedure without the biopsy has only been put for 12 months and no clinical tests have been done as yet. My Dr is open to it if I wish in preparation for our January FET. My DH has his DNA test next week and we'll have all tests back in 3 weeks. Have appointment made for then. Looking forward to maybe having an explanation as to 'why' we fail repeatedly. She said about 50% having this test are found to have NK cells. I'm hoping we do so they can fix it. In some cases they can't but I actually am feeling a little positive for the first time in years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening All

Had my biopsy today. Cause I was by myself my Dr got one of the nurses to hold my hand, I was thinking this was over kill but they assured me that it was going to be painful and I would need a hand to squeeze. Too funny, I didn't feel a thing. Been told before I have a good pain threshold. It made me laugh. They made me wait a while till they would let me go so I picked my Dr brains about the procedures you have been talking about. We didn't use the proper technical terms but basically, jury is still out as to wether IVF success is mainly attributed to the drugs given or just the body reacting to all the poking around in there that happens each cycle. The idea of doing just the procedure without the biopsy has only been put for 12 months and no clinical tests have been done as yet. My Dr is open to it if I wish in preparation for our January FET. My DH has his DNA test next week and we'll have all tests back in 3 weeks. Have appointment made for then. Looking forward to maybe having an explanation as to 'why' we fail repeatedly. She said about 50% having this test are found to have NK cells. I'm hoping we do so they can fix it. In some cases they can't but I actually am feeling a little positive for the first time in years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    all!

Rai37 - soooo glad to hear that your biopsy wasnt painful...hope your recovery is going ok too Very interesting info from your FS, will see what mine says about it all in january. Fingers crossed that your results show something to work with, I can completely understand your desire to find a "problem"...where theres a problem theres a solution (or at the very least, a plan of action)!

Moomechanic - lets hope the hysteroscopy works for you too. When are you having it? You bought those shiny new runners yet?

Summershine - Damn that evil diet coke! I fell off the wagon yesterday, and I have absolutely no idea why its this difficult to give up! You and I might end up cycling together, as I dont really know if Ill be able to cycle in jan or feb...the waiting is starting to get to me though arrrrrrgh!

Hi everyone else, hope you are all ok...

AFM - what a terrible week! I have been so stressed and emotional...two days ago I screamed at my DH because he wouldnt try Qigong with me "Im taking drugs that put me at risk of cancer, and you cant even do this?" geez...over react much? ...do you think I can plead temporary insanity and blame my chinese herbs? ...thankfully, sanity seems to be returning to me today...

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!

I was hoping you might let me join here - I haven't been part of a thread for a while, and it looks like January is the go

A bit about me, we have had 4 transfers and 2 chemical pregnancies so I am well and truly ready for this to work! We have one little blastie left that will hopefully get us our sticky BFP, this time I am doing a natural FET with lots of intralipid infusions and predesylone (sp!?) to hopefully encourage my body to hang on to a pregnancy. We were blessed to have a beautiful DD naturally and she really is the light of my light - now we need to give her a sibling!

Also for those asking, I had a hysteroscopy this past fortnight or so - it was all pretty low key and easy. I didn't even know I had anything done when I got home from the hospital!! Much much better than an egg pick up! It didn't show anything though so my un-sticky pregnancies are still a mystery.

Anyways, I shall read back on personals and look forward to getting to know you guys over the next few weeks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    kitty10 - welcome! let's hope this FET is the one for you

Xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pilbara For This Useful Post:

Kitty10  (19-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara I hope this biopsy thing makes a difference too! I think mine is in about 2 weeks have a BT next wed and they will track for it from there, glad you girls are saying it didn't hurt cause at this stage it looks like it may be the day before my brothers wedding which I am in :s

As for the new shoes, if the scales read what they did this morning, tomorrow morning I should get my 10% then it's shops here I come lol!! Will be nice going on to that next transfer in Jan having finally lost it! It's been so slow coming off!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going shoe shopping!!! pulled a 2.6kg on the scales this morning!!!! So excited to be going into my next cycle having reached that 10%!!!!!!!