+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, congratulations snowbunnii for officially being up the duff! Your scan is at 6 weeks? Mine is meant to be 7 weeks, but due to pack of availability of my FS its not until 8 weeks, on 10th Feb.

Joozy, I used to be freaked out by GA, but I've now had 8 in the time I've been doing IVF and it becomes routine. You would usually have a brief check up/consultation with your anaesthetist before the EPU, they might give you some numbing cream for your hand where the needle goes in. Then they give you gas and finally the needle in the back of your hand which is how they deliver the anaesthetic. At least that's how I've always had mine done.

Depending on how many eggs there are to collect will determine how long it takes. I had 33 eggs last time (OHSS!) which took forever, but it should normally only be about 20 mins. You wake up in recovery with the nurses who look after you and monitor your vitals for a while. Then they feed you something light before you can head home. You are meant to be supervised for 24 hours post GA, stay within a hour of a hospital and don't drive or sign any papers.

I'm sure it will all go well, I look forward to hearing how you went.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Yay

Hi Ladies

Hope you are all well?

So EPU is confirmed for Monday 30th with ET on 2/2/12. I'm excited but scared because of how I will be feeling the day after and having to come to work. Thankfully one of the girls is going to pick me up seeing as I won't be able to drive..

And, they have it set that AF will be due on 14/2/12 with blood test on 15/2/12 soooo I am admitting here and now that I will be POAS on Valentine's Day... What an amazing Valentine's Day present that would be

I admit that I have checked what the EDD would be... Told you, I am super positive about this (whilst still being realistic).. EDD would be 23/10/12.. I have been told by a psychic (who told my cousin she was pregnant and she didn't even know - she tested the next day and yep, pg) that October would be a significant month for us. I've had another tell me that I will have a Scorpio in my life (DH is Aries and I'm Gemini - 23/10 is Scorpio)... Soooo needless to say my positivity is brimming at the moment..

I will stop my injections on Friday and take my trigger on Sat night, then a week after EPU I have to take Cartia (I guess to help with implantation etc) and a day after ET I have to take Crinone.. ewww.. not looking forward to that..

Hope everyone is well!

Jen

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was scared about having a GA for my surgery aswell, and still can't believe that I actually did it! So needless to say, I am not looking forward to another one.

Jeb - How exciting! I hope you get your valentines BFP! I was told by a psychic that they see December/Girl for me. It can either be conceive month or month they are born in. I'm worried that my first IVF cycle won't work, but my second one in March will, which will give me a December EDD. I was also told by another card reader that they don't see any children for me for 3 years!!!

everyone else!

AFM - I jabbed myself today and am proud as punch! It took me a few minutes to get my hand to stop shaking, but once the needle 'popped in' it was fine
    I also took the pen out about 15 min before I did it, and it didn't hurt as much which is good.
    Got my immediate headache again though!

Now all I have to look forward to is Saturday's bloods and u/s.

I thought this cycle would be easier for me as I don't have to worry about OPK's and ovulating, but I find that I am even more stressed about it not working. More people then I would like know about it and keep telling me "it will work, it will work, you have to be positive", but the more they say it, the more I think it won't work.

Why can't I just be as positive about it like I was back before we even knew we were doing IVF?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just popping in to say thanks for all the calming words about the GA/sedation. It was all over so quickly! They got 8 eggs not counting the few more crappy/immature ones they got, they seemed pretty pleased with that. Transfer on Monday.

Thanks again ladies for support, much appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news joozys! Best of luck for Monday.

AFM I am booked in for collection fri morn at 9. Trigger tonight, then 4hr drive to adelaide tomorrow. Seriously hoping my husband can produce some live swimmers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Joozys View Post
    Just popping in to say thanks for all the calming words about the GA/sedation. It was all over so quickly! They got 8 eggs not counting the few more crappy/immature ones they got, they seemed pretty pleased with that. Transfer on Monday.

Thanks again ladies for support, much appreciated
    Congrats Joozys, that's a great number of mature eggs! Best of luck for Monday's transfer!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all of the congrats, but it seems my hesitation in allowing myself to get too excited was not unfounded - looks like I may have just miscarried.

Had to leave work abruptly & head to the clinic for a blood test after I started cramping & heavily bleeding & now have a long wait til tomorrow morning to get the results.

I have been crying uncontrollably all afternoon - starting to lose hope that we're ever going to achieve our dream & need strength to get through this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Snowbunnii81. I am so sorry to hear your news. Fingers crossed you will get good news tomorrow. Feeling so sad for you right now.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck Tiger and Joozys!!

Snowbunnii - I am so incredibly sorry to hear that. Sending you massive cyber hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Snowbunnii, that is so unfair. I feel so upset for you I hope that your hubby and or family are looking after you tonight and that you don't have to wait too long for news. Hope that you are doing ok.