+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lovely ladies!

Bit quiet in here! Well I'm back but not without pain! Oh geez the pain!

I'll pop on tonight and do personals!

Hope you are all having a super Friday!

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessesgirl I hope you get better soon. It's horrible I didn't want to cause you added stress before you had it done yeah it does hurt. I had trouble walking can't believe I went to work after two days - they wouln't give me more time off. But it really does get easier each day and I did recover quickly. Hang in there. Did they find anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lovely ladies!

Yes, I am home on a saturday night and yes I am sitting on BH! haha.. also watching my fav SATC 2!

Summershine -How are you? Gosh you arent wrong about the pain! Felt human again on Thursday and ventured into work friday as I was bored out of my brain sitting at home! Yes, patience is so important with IVF! Thats one thing I have learnt! What other tests are they doing? I asked my Fs today if I could do anything to delay the endo coming back and he said yes but that would of course stop me from getting pregnant, he says that going on the pill and only having 1-2 periods a year will delay endo massively as of course you will only bleed 1-2 times if that makes sense?

Rai- Is it a hysteroscopy you had for the biopsy? You kind of hope they find something so they can fix it or at least know what to do next time. I think the unexplained is harder to swallow! Have my fingers crossed for you.. You are so lucky to have fallen preg naturally.

Pilbara - How are you? hows was the trip? If you dont mind me asking, how did you go about changing FS with the same clinic? Does it get awkward?

MooMechanic - Just want to say I love your name!! Makes me smile each time I see it!! Keep up the weightloss!! Nice work!! Im trying to eat well since my op on Monday but that is proving hard as all I want atm is chocolate!! haha

Nicole - Dont worry! January will be here in a flash! its 6 weeks til xmas, that makes it 8 weeks til January! then its go time! Do you know when you are due to start? I think I am around the 22nd Jan - My Birthday! haha
    At least doing some renos will keep you busy, keep popping the pills and know it will help.

AFM- Well my FS fit us in this morning to have a review! Was thankful for that! hes just so lovely!! It turns out that it wasnt a polyp and was just abit of skin, and apparently had 'significant' endo on my right side. He showed me pics of my liver, appendix, tubes, ovaries and tummy! All I can say is WOW!! At least now I know my liver and appendix is perfect! all nice and pink. He showed me the endo it just looks like blood clots/blisters like clusters of them. He is happy for us to cycle at any time and says its purely financial if we wanted to cycle before the end of the year.. we decided that we are happy to wait til the new year so the dhea will really be in the system and hopefully work.

He doesnt think that it was the endo that caused my 'empty zona' and tends to be one offs than repeats.. so its not empty follicle or empty eggs i have.. I ll have to research that I think! haha.

All in all he says that the surgery was worth while and thats what counts to me.. Now I feel that there is nothing stopping us and kind of given us a fresh start if that makes sense? So he has done our activation and is putting me on 250 gonal again and prob a shot of Luveris as my Lh was below 1 last time.

Feeling fantastic today and have been sitting out in the sun this arvo to let my little holes get some sun. Off to my best friends birthday/going away drinks tomorrow in Broadbeach so that will be fun!

Hope everyone is well!

XX

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning Ladies

It's wet and yucky here and I've had to write reports all weekend. 15 done, 9 still to go. Blah!

Jessesgirl - I can't imagine having to go through all you have. Full steam ahead for you now though. I have my biopsy this thursday. I feel like a pin cushion as they have monitored this cycle through blood tests. I'm an expert at getting in to have bloods and out in 8min flat so as not to be late for work. The biopsy is called an edometrial biopsy. I read that in the UK they are experimenting with the proceedure. I read an article about a couple who had been trying for 10 years, her embryos just wouldn't take after transfer. They did this biospy part only(without actually sending samples away for further tests). The theory is that after striping some of the lining away from the uterus, the body sends in the big guns (very technical terms I know) to repair. Anyway couples are getting pregnant after having this done. I have a feeling though that timing must be important. I'm having mine 3 days prior to AF. So everything is striped away anyway. So don't think it'll be happening for us. I'm also having a echocardiogram tomorrow as my anaethitist has reconmended it due to my having rhuematic fever when I was younger. So this week is going to be spent juggling work and hospital (which is 45 min away). Fun!
    Found out yesterday that after 18months of working away my DH is coming home to stay! Yeah! Just in time for Christmas!

Rai

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I want to know if I'm losing the plot. I just read on Facebook that a good friend is pg. I really like this person. I know they haven't been trying for very long and my reaction was to burst into tears and then feel angry. It might have all been compounded by just spending dinner with my family and sister in laws babies.
    I know that's not a good reaction considering I really like this person. So I feel guilty and sad and that life is unfair and well feeling sorry for myself. Is this a normal feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Summershine!

Ohhhh Its ok to feel like that! I get that way sometimes too! and also very normal!
    there is not much that you can do... just try not to get too bitter.. although that can be so hard..

I have friend who I am loathing atm we have been friends since year 11 of school and she has 3 kids and now one on the way.. she knows we failed our first attempt and knows I was needing surgery yet she hasnt text, inboxed me on fb anything whats so ever - not even a hello, how are you when she had on fb that she was 'excited' i asked why and she finally inboxede me to say she was having her 12 week scan... I think that is just so rude - in the 3 msgs we sent to each other regarding her scan she never once ever asked me in a general way how are you...
    I mean I wish her the total best and would never wish ill of her but some people have no idea..

I hope you have a better day today and start smiling!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG!!!! I just wrote a really long post and lost it!

Sorry I've been MIA, just got back from Perth last night and am soaking up the aircon (it's a lovely 41 degs up here) tryna catch up!

summer shine - you are so completely normal Hun. I feel as if I am constantly presented with big bellies, new babies, and new pregnancies, some days it's just too hard to be happy and supportive . A couple of weeks ago, an aquaintence up here went to Perth to have an abortion, I support a woman's right to choose, but I still cried for 4 days straight at the unfairness of it all...don't be too hard on yourself. To completely change the subject, how are you going with the royal jelly and the lack of diet coke. I gave in and bought a DC a couple of days ago, tasted terrible...so now I'm not tempted...yet...

Jessesgirl- glad to hear you are feeling better! I'm still thinking I'll ask my FS whether a hysteroscopy would help me with implantation, but I'm a little confused with what Rai37 is doing, because I kind of thought they were the same thing...guess that's another question fr the FS. As for changing FS, it might be awkward, but I don't really care (this from someone who won't change hairdresser without changing salon), I think it's important to do whatever I think will give me the best chance... bTW, how's your face?

Nicole - how are the renos going?

Jaspat - how are you?

Moo mechanic - congrats on being so lose to your 10% goal! How are you going to reward yourself? A shiny new pair of shoes perhaps...?

Rae37 - good luck for your biopsy on Thursday! Let us all know how you go. So glad to hear that your DH is coming home, IVF is hard enough...

Hello to anyone I missed! Hope you are all going well!

AFM- went to a TCM centre in Perth, and they were totally fab, I was very impressed. Had a great acupuncture treatment from a man with 25 years experience, and was prescribed some "black boned chicken women pills" by their herbalist (28 years experience)...the herbalist was very impressed with my DH, thinks he's very healthy, and kept telling me that I had a "good man", so that's encouraging...shame she wasn't as impressed with me! Told me I need to get rid of my stress, warm up my body (too cold), and do some "landscaping" to prepare my "garden" to receive an embryo ...so I guess that's my plan for the next few months!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

SummerShine
    Your not the only one, we've all felt like that at some time. I'm getting better at it now (six years of practice I suppose) but remember actually crying when a dear friend told me she was pregnant. I told her they were tears of joy as I couldn't hold them back or run away. I felt so alone when my sister in law was pregnant with her 1st (she's had 3 in the time it has taken us to have one) we were literally 2 weeks apart and we lost ours at 3mnths. Even my mother didn't understand and I totally stopped talking to her. I still remember her saying how dissapointed she was in me for not celebrating this 'joyful event' with the family. (it was the 1st grandchild on both sides) No one actually 'gets it' until they've been through it in some way.

Jessesgirl - I had a friend like yours that totally ingnored me when we miscarried and she then got pregnant. You actually have to pity them as they are obviously so scared and lacking in confidence that they can't even face you. Little do these people know that by confronting us and getting things in the open it makes it easier for both parties.

Pilbara - I have never heard of a hysteroscopy. I will ask about it on Thursday when I go in. Maybe it is the same thing but without analysing the sample. Will let you know.

I better get back to work. Hope you are all well.

Rai

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rai, I think it's called a hysteroscopy (that's just the look around part) and uterine scratch (that's the part that's supposed to help with implantation), some people also have a lipoidal (?) flush (also to help implantation I think)... I have never heard of the biopsy (funny how we all seem to be told about just part of the picture), but it certainly sounds like a good idea!

I'm so sorry to hear that your family haven't been supportive of you...all the more reason why it'll be great to have your DH back home, that way at least there are two of you who know what it's like!

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara I'm booked in for a hysteroscopy (sp?) this month which the fs described as a biopsy, they take a sample and test it, I think the test is for NK cells??