+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Roll Call

Limbo Land
    peejay27
    jessesgirl

Waiting For AF
    Carrington
    Babywishes
    emmylou81

Pill Popping

Leafy

Sniffing or Jabbing
    Jen
    Tigerqueen
    Cal1
    Tinkers
    Summershine
    Clementine
    Disney

EPU
    Joozys (Jules) 25/01
    Buttercup80 (Mummy to one) 25/01

ET or FET
    Tinkers-waiting on exact date!
    Akakura - 1st timer(~27/01)
    Emmylou
    Bonbonn
    Leafy (28/01)
    Moomechanic
    BecT (ET 25/01)
    Amysan (ET 24/01)

TWW

lilwish
    buttercrumpet (30/01)
    CJ81 (7/2)

Hugs Needed This Time
    Lillystar

Graduates
    babysteps wa

Snowbunnii81 (6wk scan 2/02)

Just updating the list as I am now a jabber

I have a question though...
    Is Gonal F the one everyone says stings? I'm only asking because it stung a bit when it went in, and has continued stinging for 40min afterwards!
    Also, do you put the whole thing in the fridge? Like the pen AND the needles, or just the pen containing the drug?

I'm also on Gonal F 150 but was told that I was going to be put on a higher dose, then the FS thought she would drop it as I am so thin. Will this affect anything in any way?

It also seemed to give me an instant headache, just like the Clomid did. Is this a regular side effect?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well ET is done! So exciting!! You can bump me to the 2ww list next time. I think he said 4 so far are ok to freeze. Ring tommorrow n find out.

Disney i found gonal f not bad, but the orgalutran i was on, i swear the needles were blunt! THEY hurt.

Now for a hot 3 and a half hr ride home again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Go Disney!!!

I actually didn’t even feel my gonal F. I think sometimes it can sting if it’s cold, so you could warm in up in your hand first before you inject it? My friend is a diabetic and that’s what she does. I also got an instant headache and have a dull headache ever since, i think it’s a common side effect. I wouldn’t worry about the dose, the FS knows what the right one is for you. I’m only on 112 to start because i have pcos. They will probably adjust it for you as you go along.

Yay Amysan J hope you get a nice sticky embryo J

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Amysan  (24-01-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Amysan - Woohoo! Goodluck!!!
    Oh crud! I will be doing orgalutran aswell

Clementine - I have PCOS too and now I'm worried I am on too high of a dose and will OHSS...I'm just a worry wort!!

I have another question though...

Usually I only get AF pain the day before and the day of AF. I've been feeling a little 'odd' in my pelvic area since AF, but all of a sudden I have this burning pain across my pelvic area and left ovary area and my back is killing me!
    I tried having a nap just now, but I couldn't because of the pain.

It wouldn't be gonal f related would it? It just seems strange to me and it actually hurts quite a bit!

-ETA-

Nevermind, I think it was just (TMI) bowel related as I have been constipated for a few days now. Took some Movicol which made it feel better.
    Last edited by Disney Baby; 24-01-2012 at 16:37.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

Amysan  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    I have a question though...
    Is Gonal F the one everyone says stings? I'm only asking because it stung a bit when it went in, and has continued stinging for 40min afterwards!
    Also, do you put the whole thing in the fridge? Like the pen AND the needles, or just the pen containing the drug?
    Congrats on getting to the jabbing stage! Orgalutran is the needle that hurts (it is used during an antagonist cycle) as it is very blunt. As far as the Gonal f stinging I never had an issue with that. The stinging will happen if the contents of the needle as still cold. My clinic told me to take the needle & pen out of the fridge 30 minutes before your injection time. I found it worked every time As far as your dose is concerned, it is always trial and error with dosage. My first cycle (down reg) I started on 150 but was changed to 200 after my first scan. For this cycle (antagonist) I started on 200 and was changed to 225 after my scan. The reason is they try as hard as possible to avoid OHSS. Hope that helps a little.

Oh btw, I forgot to mention I have borderline PCOS.
    Last edited by CJ81; 24-01-2012 at 17:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the lady to do the first needle for me and she was trying to pinch some skin/fat as she was telling me that the harder you pinch, the less it hurts. She couldn't get a decent pinch of skin/fat and said I was very skinny, so I sat down and had plenty of skin to pinch lol...still hurt though!

Just realized that I am going to have to give myself the injections
    I was hoping DH would do it for me, but the lady said that I have to do it in the morning and the only time I will get a chance isn't until 10am.

What time does everyone else do their injections, and do you do them yourself?

I always got DH to give me my triggers and boosters coz I'm a chicken

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was just reading the discussion about what can we eat and drink. I think TTC sure makes us healthy!!!! No soft drink, no alcohol, no fatty foods, no sugars. I'm on a low GI diet (due to my PCOS), I'm also a vegetarian but have a weakness for caffeine free diet coke and chooclate. Since TTC I have lost around 14kg (now down to 58kg and size 9 jeans) and have become addicted to running. So TTC has done me the favour of cleaning up my bad habits (apart from the coke and chocolate - but that are just too good damn them).

Snowbunnii big congratulations . I'm so glad it has happened for you and it does give us people who have been trying for awhile hope.

Amysan congrats on being officially PUPO and four to freeze woo hoo. Good job. Hang in there during that wait.

Peejay good luck with the jabbing. Every step is a step closer to your goal

Tigerqueen - Far out what a stress. I'm so glad it all worked out ok in the end.

Sorry I can't see further back but I hope everyone is going ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney I just saw your question. I give myself the injections at 8:30am every morning. It's not so bad once you do a few yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney.. I inject at 6.50pm every night,.. I have a routine synarel, gonal-f and then my Luveris.. I do it at night cos that's when I first started taking all my stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
    I got the lady to do the first needle for me and she was trying to pinch some skin/fat as she was telling me that the harder you pinch, the less it hurts. She couldn't get a decent pinch of skin/fat and said I was very skinny, so I sat down and had plenty of skin to pinch lol...still hurt though!

Just realized that I am going to have to give myself the injections
    I was hoping DH would do it for me, but the lady said that I have to do it in the morning and the only time I will get a chance isn't until 10am.

What time does everyone else do their injections, and do you do them yourself?

I always got DH to give me my triggers and boosters coz I'm a chicken
    I did my injections at 5.30 every morning because it was the only time I could consistently do it around work. Last cycle i kept my gonal-f in the fridge but not the needles but this time i didnt bother. Sometimes it stung and others it didnt. With the Orgalutran i briefly iced my tummy first and found it didnt sting much at all that way and put a little pressure on it after. No dramas at all. Personally I dont think I could let anyone else do my injections for me because i like being in control lol. No surprises!