+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    CJ81 that is fab news!

AFM I had the worst day of my IVF journey thus far! My follicles aren't quite where they should be, which means EPU will be Fri 27th. I have 14, of which 6 are really lagging.....this I can cope with, but I had run out of orgalutran, which resulted in a very very stressful day, involving many tears. I have to hand it to fertility sa for their professionalism. AMAZING!!!
    Instead of having to do an 800km round trip today, I got my meds via plane, and only had to do a 100km round trip. It did cost an extra $230 but that is far better than an 8hr drive! This process was not without stress, coz the courier decided he would go home for the day, and leave my very important package at the airport.....this was not part of the plan, and definitely not an option.....I was not going to ovulate and lose my eggs. I would rather have used the trigger, and run the risk of the eggs being immature than not there at all!
    After calling Adelaide Toll (priority) they told the courier to head back to the airport and pick up my very important parcel. After a 1 hour wait at the airport I got my package.
    Now for a couple more days of drugs and all will be good.
    I really do hand it to people who spend years going through the IVF process. It has opened my eyes up to a whole new world of drama!
    Much love to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Limbo Land
    peejay27
    jessesgirl

Waiting For AF
    Carrington
    Babywishes
    Disney
    emmylou81

Pill Popping

Leafy

Sniffing or Jabbing
    Jen
    Tigerqueen
    Cal1
    Tinkers
    Summershine
    Clementine

EPU
    Joozys (Jules) 25/01
    Buttercup80 (Mummy to one) 25/01
    ET or FET
    Tinkers-waiting on exact date!
    Akakura - 1st timer(~27/01)
    Emmylou
    Bonbonn
    Leafy (28/01)
    Moomechanic
    BecT (ET 25/01)
    Amysan (ET 24/01)

TWW

lilwish
    buttercrumpet (30/01)
    CJ81 (7/2)

Hugs Needed This Time
    Lillystar

Graduates
    babysteps wa

Snowbunnii81 (6wk scan 2/02)

Just updating to add my EPU date...same as you Joozys!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CJ - yay for being PUPO! My transfer isnt until wednesday (5 day transfer) but close enough so we can be 2 ww buddies!

Snowbunnii - a huge congratulations to you! I can understand you not wanting to get too excited just yet but heck I wouldnt be able to contain myself lol. So very happy for you. Thats 2 graduates!

Tigerqueen - it does indeed sound like a very stressful day you just had! As if the whole process isnt stressful enough as it is hey! At least you got your meds in the end hey Try not to freak out too much over those follies - things seem to change and evolve in a short space of time i am beginning to learn. My fingers are crossed for you!

Afm my embryos are day 3 today. We went from 4 to 3 as one divided abnormally but the 3 remaining are doing very well. The nurse said we will have maybe 1 or 2 of those by day 5 but we will see. Actually feeling very positive about this and lookimg forward to ET. After stimming for 19 days this cycle was going to be cancelled but we, after much discussion, decided to continue in the hopes of maybe getting 1 embryo and we now have 3! I reckon it was meant to be! Getting impatient though and i am still 2 days off starting the 2 ww lol. Im a typical gen Y for sure =P

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BecT For This Useful Post:

Snowbunnii81  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

First off a MASSIVE congratulations to Babysteps and Snowbunnii! You give hope to us all

I'm so sorry to hear about your BFN lillystar, but happy to 'meet' you over on the February thread..fingers crossed your FET will be a sticky one for you

Tigerqueen, I see what you mean...what a sh*t day for you! I'm glad that your clinic was so good to organise things for you and I really hope your follies start getting better for a EPU next week!

Good luck in the TWW CJ81!!

lol Disney it's hard isn't it...so much we need to think about and we aren't even pregnant yet! I'm sorry I can't actually help too much food/drink wise ~ I actually LOVE water so it's happily my drink of choice at the moment (I also LOVE coffee and red wine but of cause they are out for me at the moment) Good luck on the start tomorrow, how exciting!

Hey CG, I really don't know why...my clinic will only do GA..wasn't even given a choice...

Well Hello and to everyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well Buttercup, looks like we'll both be having an eventful Wednesday!

Will be thinking of you too and hoping for excellent pickups for us both.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Joozys For This Useful Post:

Buttercup80  (23-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats CJ81, how exciting! I will be that this will be a sticky one for you! Good luck with the 2WW, this is the worst part ...the waiting ... I hope it goes quickly & isn't too painful for you. Two embies on board - could be the lucky number - two worked for me this time around!

Tigerqueen - so sorry to hear you had a bad day. I can't believe how much effort you have to go to with travel. I'm not surprised there were tears - sounds like you held up much better than I would have in the situation. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end - hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here.

Disneybaby -
    glad to hear AF came and that you're starting on the drugs - I hope all goes well! As for loosing weight on IVF, I'll be super impressed if you do! Unfortunately for me, I have put on 15kg through the whole process (& that's while running 10-20km a day + gym every 2nd day!). I found that I cut out all of the artificial sugars, caffeine, alcohol, etc, but then craved the sugar & ended up binging on cereal & icecream! For me, most of that weight gain is in the 2WW - most likely stress & emotional overeating! As for what to eat & drink, I have found that peppermint tea has been really good (if you're into herbal teas), otherwise I squeeze some fresh lemon/orange/grapefruit juice into water just to make it a bit less water-tasting! I've found it really hard to stop eating sugary foods, but I do try to go for fruit most of the time if I need a sugar fix (pineapple & kiwifruit are meant to be good for implantation, so I ate that every day), before I reach for the cereal & icecream!

Jeb - wishing you all the best for you EPU. That sucks about your FS being away & having to delay til Monday. Hopefully that's not the case, but if it is, try not to stress too much about it. Unfortunately it's just another part of the process that's out of our control. I've been really unlucky with bad timing on some of my EPU's & transfers - one of them was on my 30th birthday & I had to cancel my birthday plans & ended in BFN anyway Hopefully it will all be worth it in the end & you end up with some really nice quality embies

Alison - hi & welcome! I hope AF comes soon so you can begin jabbing yourself with needles (didn't think you've ever be saying that before IVF was part of your vocabulary!)

Clementine - yay for starting your cycle! I hope all goes well for your scan on Thursday.

Cal - thanks for the well wishes - I was absolutely shocked to get my BFP, as I was so sure that this cycle was a bust! I've been through a few 2WW's now and I have to admit, it hasn't gotten any easier. I hope all goes well with the stims & you get some good follies growing! Will be for you!

Lillystar - so sorry this wasn't your month. That really sucks, but your time will come soon. Lots of to you - I hope you are otherwise doing well x

Babywishes - not sure where things are up to with you - are you still concerned with bleeding? I hope everything has worked itself out & that all is going well. Even when we finally get our BFP's, we are racked with nerves about whether they will stick - this is the one for both of us.

Sorry for anyone I have missed - this thread is so busy I can't see any further back...

To all those waiting on AF, I hope the wicked witch comes soon!

To the 2WW's, I hope the time is passing quickly for you & that we have some more January graduates soon!

Best wishes to those who have their ET/FET's - hoping for lots of sticky embies

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Snowbunnii!! Those numbers sound great!!

Tiger - Oh geez! That sounds terrible! I sort of know how you feel though as something sorta similar happened with my trigger cycle, but it worked out in the end. Glad it worked out for you too

I'm sad, although I shouldn't be suprised...

As I was having my shower, I thought it best that I shave my belly so that it doesn't look hairy tomorrow when the coordinator shows me how to do my injections. I know they see people with PCOS alot, and probably with more hair then me, but it is still a sad feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals..
    first of all congrats to our 2nd graduate snowbunni!

I am a PCOS sufferer too and this has just given me hope and everyone else in this journey that we shouldn't give up!

just a quickie from me... AF started today after I stopped taking Primolut N 2 days ago (nurse was right, will only take a couple of days!)..so tomorrow morning I'll go in for a blood test (don't really know what that is for, I guess I'll ask tomorrow) and collect my medications..

so yeah....finally I can relate to most of you about the jabbing talk lol

have a good night everyone... I'll update myself when I officially start my jabbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals..

I am a PCOS sufferer too and this has just given me hope and everyone else in this journey that we shouldn't give up!

just a quickie from me... AF started today after I stopped taking Primolut N 2 days ago (nurse was right, will only take a couple of days!)..so tomorrow morning I'll go in for a blood test and collect my medications.. just don't know what the blood test is for...

have a good night everyone... I'll update myself when I officially start my jabbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi gals..

just a quickie from me... AF started today after I stopped taking Primolut N 2 days ago (nurse was right, will only take a couple of days!)..so tomorrow morning I'll go in for a blood test (don't really know what that is for, I guess I'll ask tomorrow) and collect my medications..