+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats awesome Disney! Must be the day for AF hey! Dont freak out too much over the injections - its for a good cause! You really do get used it too. Yesterday was my first injection free day since 30/12/11 with 19 days of stims and then blood tests. You will be a pro before you know it! I hope your follies cooperate

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Limbo Land

peejay27
    jessesgirl

Waiting For AF

Carrington
    Clementine

Babywishes
    Disney
    emmylou81

Pill Popping
    Leafy

Sniffing or Jabbing
    Jen
    Mummy To One
    Tigerqueen
    Cal1
    Tinkers
    Summershine

EPU
    Joozys (Jules) 25/01

ET or FET
    Tinkers-waiting on exact date!
    Akakura - 1st timer(~27/01)
    Emmylou
    Bonbonn
    Leafy (28/01)
    Moomechanic
    CJ81 (ET 23/01)
    BecT (ET 25/01)
    Amysan (ET 24/01)

TWW
    Snowbunnii81
    lilwish
    buttercrumpet (30/01)

Hugs Needed This Time
    Lillystar

Graduates
    babysteps wa

Just updating board, started the jab jabs today. Stay positive and awesome girls will try and do personals later.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    [BAmysan][/B] That is EXACTLY how I felt this cycle. AF ended up only being 2 days late though...

BecT Im not too scared of the injections as Ive had injectable cycles before, but they were in my leg, not my belly
    Im sure Ill manage

Called the clinic and I go in Tues morning to get my injections, then on Sat morning for bloods and u/s.
    Does that sound like regular procedure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney, I dont think there is any such thing as a regular procedure, everyone is different depending on your particular issues, age etc. For example I havent done any blood tests (apart from before the cycle) although I have had a couple of scans obviously. Some people will be on long protocols, some will be on short or even ultra short and they're all quite different - just go with the flow hon, and by that mean whatever your FS team has recommended. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    CJ and BecT, glad your EPU's are over and all went well. Hope your transfers are successful.

Amysan, best of luck to you, hope your transfer goes well. I feel exactly the same about waiting or AF. Cursing it for not arriving when usually i'm cranky when it does arrive. Then in a few weeks, ill be praying for it not to arrive again.

Joozys its a tough call. I guess the chances of all three taking wouldn't be too high, but the chance still exists. Could you transfer two and keep one for the next cycle if you need it? My clinic doesn't transfer more than one, but if given the chance, we'd love to do a double transfer.

Tinkers, yay you can start. How crazy is it, getting excited when AF arrives, i was the same!

Disney, yay!! I think it looks like we will be cycling around the same time, glad you can get started

AFM - My lovely nurse rang me yesterday, just to check how I was going. When I told her AF still hadn't arrived, she said to come in for a BT this morning anyway. Went in, did bloods and picked up my bag of drugs. Was a tad exciting actually, feels more real now. Low and behold, AF arrived in full force at lunchtime, so the clinic said all going well with the results, I can start on the gonal tom night, yay!! Am excited to finally be starting.

Hope you are all going well, and that in the next week or two, we'll start seeing some BFP's.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Clementine - for you too! It will be good cycling with another first timer, and luck is on your side...usually when I have a cycle buddy, they get their BFP, but unfortunately I am always left behind

I can't wait until Tuesday when I get to go pick up my drugs! I'm really disappointed with myself though...I am already thinking negatively about IVF working for us. Is there ANY way to change that? I'm going to hopefully start accupuncture next week to help me relax, but I feel like it won't be enough.

I feel like, because some people at work know and my boss, that it isn't going to work and I am going to have to face them as a failure. It's the story of my life!

Stupid infertility making me a negative nancy all the time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies

Just wanted to pop on quickly and say hi.

Babysteps - I hope you're ok and that everything is going as it should, and that your bleeding has settled. I know miscarriage can be devastating. I'm keeping everything crossed for you that all is well and that you see a healthy heartbeat at your 7 week scan!

CJ and BecT, glad your EPUs went well. BecT, congrats on getting 6 fertilised when you thought you'd be lucky to get one! Fingers crossed for both of you that they grow well and stick!

Amysan, welcome honey! Congrats on getting through EPU and fingers crossed for a sticky one for you too!

Joozys - it's a tough call whether to get 3 embies transferred. My FS is quite encouraging of us transferring 2 - apparently for someone my age, the chances of a BFP are taken from about 35% to 42% if we get 2 transferred and only about a 15% chance of those pregnancies being twins. Of course, if you fall into that small % that actually gets pregnant with all the embies and carries to term, you'll have a brand new set of worries! I agree with Clementine, can you get 2 transferred and freeze one for later if you need another cycle or decide to have another child?

Disney and Tinkers - Yay for AF!! Crazy that we actually get excited about her arrival! Glad you can both get started now

To everyone else, I hope you're doing well!

AFM, I started gonal-F yesterday and all is going ok. Headaches and nausea but nothing dramatic so I figure everything is going according to plan. I'll see FS for bloods and scan next Friday and will have a much better idea then as to when EPU and ET will be. Just hoping I grow some good quality follies!

Oh btw, Snowbunnii - good luck for your BT tomorrow! Hope your TWW ends with you having your BFP!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and that the coming week is full of good news for you all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disney, it is tough and its so easy to get down about it all. I find it hard to not get too hopeful in case it doesn't work, but also don't want to get too negative. You've never tried IVF before and it works for a lot of people, so you might just be one of them You are also really young, so you've got plenty of time on your side. My fiancé is so super excited, but i keep telling him, we're not going to expect the first one to work, if it does it will be a nice bonus. We've decided we're going to do three full stim cycles, and if we still aren't successful, then reassess. Till then, we're just taking one day at a time and waiting to see what happens.

Its hard with people knowing about the ivf. My fiancé and i have decided not to tell anyone, not even family of our exact dates so then they won't be getting their hopes up, and us having to tell them if it fails. My best friend knows, so i've got at least someone to talk to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 2 friends from work know, and I had to tell my boss as it will be cutting into my work hours greatly, so I felt that I had to explain, especially since I ended up needing a week and a half off in September for my surgery which I didn't say what it was for.

I'm not sure how my DH feels about IVF. I don't think he really wanted to do it, but that was half a year ago before we started seeing an FS and found out I had these problems. I've been telling him for a year that I think we will need IVF, but he just kept saying that I was being negative. Now that it is actually happening, I feel as though he thinks it will work the first time because I was so for it a year ago. So I feel that if it doesn't work, he will blame me somehow? I don't think it came out the way I meant it, but it's hard to explain the thoughts I'm having about it lol.

I have a question though, for those that have chosen to cut out or decrease sugar and caffeine...

What do you eat and drink????????????????????????

I have a real sweet tooth and the only substitute drink I could find was Caffeine Free Diet Coke. It has no caffeine or sugar, but I still feel guilty drinking it!
    I'm also finding it extremely hard to cut out chocolate.

I tried weaning myself for about a week before AF came, but it's all basically gone out the window now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cal, thanks for your well wishes. I think I need to stop freaking out every time I see a slight pink/red tinge on the toilet paper, but will discuss it with the nurses tomorrow.

Disney, I can't have artificial sweeteners either, as well as trying to limit caffeine and sugar to a lesser extent. Also I can't have juice, which is even more limiting!

I drink water, decaf coffee, herbal tea (hot or iced), milk (eg banana smoothie, hot chocolate) and sparkling mineral water flavoured with around 50ml of Well Naturally Antiox juice or a tiny amount of Bickfords Lemon Juice cordial.

I have around 2 cups of regular coffee a week, and if I need a sweet fix I have some lemonade rarely.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app