+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that Disney Baby. It is a tough journey.....life can be so unfair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Clementine Grace - my cycle wasn't cancelled. I had the FET but it just didn't stick and I got AF a few days before I was due to test. Fingers crossed your AF arrives in the morning and you can get started The waiting sucks!!

SummerShine - yeah I was on crinone (morning and night) last cycle but I still bleed early. With this FET I wasn't on anything but I think they will put me back on the crinone and maybe more of it this time around. I'll have to wait and see what they say I guess. Haven't had a blood test after ovulation, just before it. Hopefully they will track that this time. Thanks heaps for your advice. I hope this month is your BFP!!

Disney - yup just give them a call and say it's the first day of your period They have heard and seen just about anything so will not even bat an eyelid. Sorry to hear your AF arrived but at the same time it's exciting that you are starting IVF and maybe this time will be the month you get your BFP. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry Lilly, this thread is getting so busy, i must have read it wrong. Sorry about your FET. The waiting does suck, I hope you don't have to wait too long for your next transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies

Its been awhile since I last posted so a lot of catching up to do. I’ve been reading since page 18 tonight!! So some of my comments might be out of date….oh and i ask lots of questions so here goes

Jeb8303 – can I ask how u know ur DH’s low sperm motility is genetic? Was there a test he took? My FS just told us DH has very low motility, there’s nothing u can do about it, u need to go straight to ICSI….. me, being a scientist, wanted to know WHY?????? I sorry to hear u r struggling with weird LH level , I have no idea or advice to give u sorry, but sometimes the 1st ivf cycle is a bit of an experiment because we all react differently to the drugs, this probably doesn’t make u feel better tho, sorry

Hi Joozys – just wondering why u need to have ICSI if you are using donor sperm? I would have thought that the donor sperm would be perfect with no issues so just normal ivf would suffice? Sorry to pry but I’m just curious coz icsi at my clinic is an extra $600, we have no choice and have to use it. Good luck with your cycle, hope the injections aren’t giving u too much hell. Hehe and you’re having a follicle festival! As for CM, I didn’t notice anything different on my stim cycle, but we’re all different!

Clementine Grace – if anyone ever says something to me about how IVF is un-natural I make a comment like well neither is using birth control for years and stopping pregnancy occurring, and that doesn’t seem to upset people except maybe the Pope. People who make negative comments are usually ignorant of the real issues, take it as an opportunity to educate them! And I NEVER read online comments for articles because I used to get sooooo mad and it’s so easy to write crap and hide behind anonymity, there is a vocal ignorant minority out there.

Snowbunnii81 – how is the tww going? Must be close to BT date? Ohhh just catching up on the thread and it looks like another BFP for January!! How exciting.

CJ81 – you mentioned earlier about no. of eggs collected, well my stim cycle I had 23 eggs collected at EPU but only 5 made it to the freezer and 1 was ET, and I think that has to do with the quality of the eggs collected. I was only on 150iu of gonal-f too and got mild OHSS, which is really unpleasant! Good luck for your tww….

Disney BabyI was pretty nervous with my first cycle, just the unknown about everything! But I realised that the FNs and FS know what they are doing and its pretty normal and routine for them so u just have to go with it, plus we’re all here on BH cheering for u too! With your spare embryos: u could donate them to science and help advance IVF technology. We wouldn’t be here now doing IVF if it wasn’t for science and the research that is continually occurring. It’s another way of giving back.

Babystepswa – congrats on ur BFP . It’s a great start to the year for BH IVFers! Sending u some good vibes

Lillystar I’m really sorry to hear AF arrived unwanted. Just because the embie didn’t stick doesn’t mean its your fault tho! Its just the sh1tty nature of ivf being a numbers game. I’m in the same boat as your with MFI and even tho FS says there’s nothing wrong with me I still have doubts too. Take it easy.

Hi to all the other ladies in the thread! Sorry for my long post and still not chatting to all of u! I’ll try and drop in more often now!

AFM – I’ve got a scan tomorrow, cd8, to make sure my cycle is going well. I’m doing my first FET with a natural cycle so lucky me, no drugs!! All things going well my transfer will be the 27th or 28th (poo that its over the long weekend, but im not gonna complain about that)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Limbo Land
    peejay27
    jessesgirl

Waiting For AF
    Carrington
    Clementine

Babywishes
    Disney
    emmylou81
    Summershine

Pill Popping
    Leafy
    Tinkers

Sniffing or Jabbing
    Joozys
    Jen
    Mummy To One
    Tigerqueen
    Cal1

EPU
    CJ81 (20/01)
    BecT (20/01)

FET
    Tinkers-waiting on exact date!
    Akakura - 1st timer(~27/01)
    Emmylou
    Bonbonn
    Leafy (28/01)
    Moomechanic

TWW

Snowbunnii81
    lilwish
    buttercrumpet (30/01)

Hugs Needed This Time
    Lillystar

Graduates
    babysteps wa
    Just updating my deets on the roll

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigerqueen.. We are due to have scans and collections on the same day.. Are they doing a 3 or 5 day transfer.. I've had mild pains though did need a hot water bottle the other night..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akakura - DH's brother has pretty much the same sperm count - almost identical actually.. But he has had 2 kids naturally - guess there were 2 spermies that got it right.. It took his parents 7 years to conceive Dh (he's the oldest).. Because his brother had identical results they said it's pretty much genetic, but because of the DNA oxidization and that he only had 7% morphology we are doing ICSI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akakura - I do so enjoy the inquiring mind of scientists!! I work in the Arts/Media?Entertainment industry where we're basically a bunch of loud attention seeking show boaters!! My FS and I have devised a protocol that we have loosely the termed the "kitchen sink" strategy, at 41 we're doing everything we can to improve my chances - including icsi. Apparently the outer shell of our eggs can harden as we get older thus the chauffeur driven ride the sperm gets into the eggs raises the chances a little. I'm also getting the assisted hatching done for the same reason as well and shelling out another $400 for the use of embryo glue (I'm a little skeptical about that one tho!) but as I said we're throwing everything including the "kitchen sink" just about to try and make this work. Agreed with you too on your comments supporting Clementine, our choices are our own as are our lives, i don't give a f*** what ignorant people think, I for one, sleep very well at night owning my decisions. And to finish off for the day, a little Fertility Clinic humour.....I had my first scan yesterday morning and happened to be sitting at opposite couches with 3 other women, all of whom were dealing with PCOS issues, I had said nothing but listened to them intently until one of them turned to me and said "So Jules, do you have PCOS too?".....and I looked up and said "No, I have lesbian"!!!! Thank you very much ladies...I'm here all week!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joozys For This Useful Post:

babystepswa  (20-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. new to the forum and to ivf. Fiancee and i having treatment in Adelaide at the moment. (I have blocked tubes, hes fine, ivf/icsi )been on gonalf & orgalutran and had 11 eggs collected this morning. saturdays transfer day, so exciting!! Lounging around with a belly ache tonight, hope to feel better in the morning. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone else on this adventure. hope to see some bfps in the next few weeks for all you girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks summershine, that's what I was thinking, just continue as normal