+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilystar - That sucks big I've never made it to testing day either - period always comes way early but they have just discovered I have insufficient progesterone. You are not letting anyone down - it's not in your control and you are doing everything you can to make this happen! Try and do something nice for yourself this weekend.

Disney Baby - Believe me I know how scary this whole thing can be. I resisted IVF for ages, now I've done two full stims and a FET. You can do this, you really can. Firstly, you have to try and stop all the "what if's" and future/predictive thinking (easier said than done I know). It causes you to jump further and further ahead in your mind until you are in a ball of anxiety and tears. Concentrate on the tasks you have to do today. You can't control when your period will show. If it comes tomorrow then you will be able to commence IVF sooner. If it doesn't they can do things to bring it on and then you will start IVF a little later. You don't have to suffer waiting. When you get those negative thoughts bring your mind back into the present. Concentrate on a a mundane task, go for a walk, swap any negative thoughts with other thoughts. You will and you can get through IVF and we are all hear to support you, cheer you on and help you with any questions. Plus it's ok to have a big fat cry once in awhile - very therapeutic! We have no control in this process so you just have to sit back and tackle each hurdle as it comes. Hang in there

moomechanic - No I stopped excising during the TWW out of fear. However, this time I intend to continue exercising. It was expained to me that if it's going to stick - it's going to stick. Not exercising is going against my normal pattern, I think it's best to keep things as normal as possible.

CJ81 and BecT - Good luck for EPU tomorrow . Let us know how you go.

AFM - AF has arrived. Scan and BT tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Limbo Land
    peejay27
    jessesgirl

Waiting For AF
    Carrington
    Clementine

Akakura
    Babywishes
    Disney
    emmylou81
    Summershine

Pill Popping
    Leafy
    Tinkers

Sniffing or Jabbing
    Joozys
    Jen
    Mummy To One
    Tigerqueen
    Cal1

EPU
    CJ81 (20/01)
    BecT (20/01)

FET
    Tinkers-waiting on exact date!
    Akakura - 1st timer FET
    Emmylou
    Bonbonn
    Leafy (28/01)
    Moomechanic

TWW

Snowbunnii81
    lilwish
    buttercrumpet (30/01)

Hugs Needed This Time
    Lillystar

Graduates
    babysteps wa

Hi everyone

Just updated myself on the roll call. I am out again this month. AF arrived this morning - 3 days early again like last cycle I have not even made it to testing day yet!! Really bummed and upset. Just waiting for the nurses to call me back about what happens next. We are doing IVF for male factor but now I feel like I am letting us down because nothing even remotely sticks to me. Oh well.

Anyway hope all you lovely ladies get your BFPs this month. Best of luck for the rest of your cycles

Oh Lilly, I'm so sorry honey. I hope you're ok. Try not to play the blame game with yourself - it's only going to make you feel worse. You deserve the best and I really hope it comes your way soon.

Disney, you poor thing, you're not having an easy time are you? I hope for your sake that AF arrives soon and you can get started. I think that once you start and the unknown is taken out of the whole experience, you'll do much better. Sending you too.

Snowbunnii - congrats!! Have you got official confirmation yet?? I can't wait to hear that you're UTD!

Best of luck to BecT and CJ for EPU tomorrow!!

And congrats to Buttercrumpet for being in the 2WW! that this is the one for you!

I hope everyone else is doing well too

AFM, just updated myself on the roll call. Bring on the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear you have to wait another month Cal1 and lillystar!
    Good luck on your 2ww buttercrumpet.
    Best of luck BecT and CJ for tomorrow. Hope there are a good number of eggs, and an extra special one that results in a baby in 9 months time

AFM I had a blood test today to check for OHSS. Only 3 days on Gonal F, but it feels like I am in early stages of labour! Pain across my front and back in the ovary area. I am sure this is normal, but as a first timer, I don't know how much pain there should be
    Scan planned for 23/1 and collection on 25/1.

Hope all is good for everyone else.......Mwah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tigerqueen - I'm also a first timer and dealing with the side effects of Gonal F, I've pretty much had all of them, nausea, headache, anxiety, feeling bloated, insomnia etc etc, I am am on a whopping 450iu tho. I asked the nurse about it yesterday and she said everyone is different and some people on really high doses dont have any effects and some on small doses have a terrible time with side effects. It's a little concerning that you used the word "pain"to describe your side effect, if you havent already I'd give your clinic a call if for no other reason than to ease your mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies I will be back to positive tomorrow hopefully and plan on jumping back into another FET in Feb. Just having a blah day today.

SummerShine - yeah I think that might be it with me too. At least the nurse hinted at that. She is going to speak to the doctor who did my transfer and call me with more info tomorrow. What has your FS changed for this cycle for you to help with that? I seem to ovulate and have perfect lining but it looks like something goes wrong after that? Good luck with your scan and BT tomorrow

Cal - YAY for sniffing/jabbing. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you.

Tigerqueen - oh you poor thing That sounds horrible, I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully they can sort it for you quickly. I didn't have any pain on my first cycle and got 17 eggs. But everyone is different and I am sure they are watching you and making sure it's all ok.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry to hear that Lillystar Do you have to cancel because its a FET? Hope you don't have to wait too long for the next cycle. Its so hard when you build it all up and get dissapointed.

Disney, i totally understand how you feel. I was actually having a laugh to myself today, i'd been running around like mad at work and had forgotten to worry if AF had turned up. I was all excited because i'm pretty sure it's on the way and then I can start. Normally i'm cursing it because it means i'm not pregnant, and in the 2WW i'll be praying for it not to arrive. IVF really is a roller coaster! Summershine is exactly right, just have to take it one step at a time and not worry about all the what if's, because you really can't control it anyway. It doesn't really matter if your period comes a day or two late does it? None of this is easy, and I really don't think anyone understands unless they have been through it themselves.

Summershine, yay for AF, hope your tests are all good

Tigerqueen, that sounds pretty rough, maybe you should just give your nurse/clinic a call just to make sure. I guess everyone just responds differently. Hope it gets better soon!

Good luck for a sticky one Buttercrumpet! fingers crossed for you.

Jessesgirl, good on you for getting a new job. Sucks that you have to wait for your next cycle, hopefully you won't have to wait too long. It gets sooo expensive doesn't it. We are with Genea and it's about 4k or so out of pocket per cycle, i hope we don't need 10 or we'll be broke!

Good Luck Bec and CJ for your EPU's, hope it all goes well.

AFM - just waiting for AF to turn up, am really hoping tom morning, but if not sat morning. can't wait to get started, so sick of waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilystar - I too have a perfect ovulatory cycle and great lining but insufficient progesterone. This cycle instead of using progesterone pessaries I am using crinone and quite a bit of it. Have you ever had a blood test after ovulation but before the pregnancy test to test your levels?

Tigerqueen -The only symptom I ever had was severe bloating but not "pain". The clinics usually monitor you pretty closely as they do not want you to get OHSS, so they say to let them if you are experiencing a fair bit of pain. I would probably just check it out with them.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry for TMI, but I just tried doing a bowel movement (pretty constipated) and there was red when I wiped, which means AF will be in full swing tomorrow and I have to call the clinic.

When I saw it on the loo paper, my heart just sunk and I said "Ohhh no". I almost started crying, but nothing would come out?

Question...When you call the clinic, what do you say exactly? Do you just say "I'm just calling to let you know I got my period today"??

I'm so scared ladies ... Oh look! Now come the tears!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - hope you're doing ok over there. Just ring your clinic and let them know, my clinic assigns you to a specific nurse so I called her, and yeah it really is a matter of calling up and saying "I'm just calling to let you know I got my period today", its probably a call you never expected to have to make in your life!! But remember they deal with emotional, scared, unsure, etc etc chicks going through this ivf caper every day. It'll be ok hon.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Joozyz!

I'm just glad that I don't have to have the "I'm not sure if it's full AF or not" conversation which the lady told me I may have lol. If I have red when I wipe now, I can almost gurantee she will be in full swing tomorrow. So atleast I can be confident that it's my true AF.
    And no, I never thought I would be making a call like that...or hoping that I could start injections to make me feel better