+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peejay27 View Post
    babysteps- congrats hun for graduating! i'm waiting for the day to see 2 lines on my POA

clementine- i saw an earlier post that you are with Genea.. i am too! glad to know someone on d same clinic..

AFM- I am on my 2nd day progesterone tabs..so sometime next week AF will visit me

can I ask a question, how many embies did you write on ur forms? is 1 embryo the standard now or can they still put 2 in?

I believe it's standard practice to only transfer 1 in Australia (I think in the USA it's as many as you want) , having said that my FS has recommended 2 transfers given my "advancing age" so it may well just depend on your individual circumstances and particular issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey peejay My FS was reluctant to put back more than one however my DH and I were keen to put 2 back and aafter much discussion he did put back 2 however he said that they are reluctant tto put back 2 in women under 30! I guess at the end of the day it is a decision you and your partner have to make and decide whether you want twins or not good luck on
    making your decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS was happy to put 2x day3 or 1x day5-6. It depends on how far they take them before transfer.

A lot of FS were scared a couple if years ago after the couple who sued for millions (the cost of raising a second child through private schools) after having twins through IVF. They claimed try didn't realise the risk of multiple birth with 2 embryos transferred.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babystepswa View Post
    My FS was happy to put 2x day3 or 1x day5-6. It depends on how far they take them before transfer.

A lot of FS were scared a couple if years ago after the couple who sued for millions (the cost of raising a second child through private schools) after having twins through IVF. They claimed try didn't realise the risk of multiple birth with 2 embryos transferred.

How can someone not know the risks associated with transferring two embies?

Its common sense.. 1 embie plus 1 embie both transferred = possibility of 2 babies (or if the eggs split even more).

gosh some people are dumb!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the record that couple who sued got over 300k in damages plus legal costs.....and yeah, some of it was to cover private schooling. I agree though, how could you not know the odds or be unaware of your chances of having twins?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joozys For This Useful Post:

babystepswa  (18-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a part of me that wanted twins.. But there is also that risk of gestational diabetes as per my FS

Anyway i am sticking with 1 ET.. I guess if i am not 100% sure i shouldn't be really changing it.. Besides FS knows what is best for
    my situation...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

So, had blood test and scan..

I have a nice 22 follies growing, but they are still on the small side NOOOO!

So, I have been given 5 days worth of Luveris (holy hell $160 a day ) .. They are hoping that the blood test results will say I only need to use 3 and take it every second day (which will save me $320)..

I have another scan on Monday morning (I tell ya what, I'm over the DC's going up there .. I've seen more action from a DC in the last 2 months than I have from DH.. HAHAHAHA.. sorry, just had to inject some humor..

The FN said I will be looking at EPU on Wednesday (yay.. should be definitely confirmed on Monday) and ET will be Saturday 28th... EPU on Wednesday will be great as I can recover at home on Australia Day...

Not looking forward to the TWW though It will be so hard to resist POAS.. But, what's the point because of the Pregnyl I'll get false positives

How early past transfer do you normally test?

Monday seems such a long way away now... Hanging to hear the words that EPU will def be Wednesday!!

Thanks everyone for the reassurance about the operation.. I know its silly to be worried (and its just like going to sleep at night and waking in the morning) but somewhere deep down there is still that fear

Joozsys, how did your scan go this morning?

Hope everyone else is have great days..

Jen

P.S - depending on my LH levels I may come back and vent! lol

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    peejay - We were told that we could only put 1 back, but I know people that have put 2 back. I think it depends on your clinic and circumstances. The FS told us that they don't like getting multiples

jeb - Ouch! $160 a day! I hope you only need to use 3 in the end! I know it's a week away, but goodluck for EPU!!

everyone else!!

AFM - Still just waiting for AF to arrive. She should be here on Friday. I'm having so many mixed emotions about IVF, I just want AF to hurry up and put me out of my misery!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jeb , glad those follies are coming along, hopefully they'll grow a little more for you in the coming days and you'll have a great epu.

AFM - my scan went well I think, about 12 mature folls with maybe a few more to catch up over the next couple of days, next scan is Friday morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helloooo girls.....

I am from the Melgirls and the LOR thread and jumping onto this thread now as I am on my 3rd day of jabbing and this is my 4th cycle.

I read about the # of embies transferred. Peejay...I reckon one is good for you as you are very young only 28. The younger the higher the success rate due to better embryo quality as a general rule.

I had 1 fresh embryo transferred, then 2 frosties transferred when I was 36, then 2 blasts transfered on 2 fresh transfers when I was 37. I will be going for two again. We actually want twins very much (maybe we are mad!!!) DH just wants to get it done and over with.

I hope we will have lots of graduates this Jan/Feb...pls pls pls...