+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i'm doing IVF as i lost both my tubes this year due to ectopic pregnancies. my FS is really confident it will work within the firs 2 cycles. i'mnot getting my hopes up. i have the mindset that we will have another child through ivf, it just may take awhile t get there. i can't think it'll work first go as when it doesn't i'll be devastated
    Yeah the caffeine is a real struggle for me too, my acupuncturist/TCM said it really negatively affects egg quality i just love coffee...
    Greenapple: hi, hope you're well, have you worked out if you'll be doing FET in dec or jan yet?
    Nicole: argh the wait must be so frustrating
    pilbara: i read your post in the thread about uterine scratch, i'm at hollywood but haven't had this done. just be upfront and straight to the point with dr T, he will be the same with you so just go in and ask for anything you think may work
    jessiegirl: wow you're god to be at the gym every morning! my only advice is to buy a really goo pram for walking once you're preg cos its a lot harder to get the gym afterwards

I put on way too much weight whn i was preg with my son (now 2.5yrs) so i've only just really lost the baby weight. i'd still like to lose another 15kg to get bac to a healthy weight...but i don't really see that happening! maybe anoher 5 before IVF who knows!
    My FS is away in Jan but h said he can transfer me to another FS in the beginning, i'll just ring the clinic in Jan and go from there, probably do a long down reg cycle to start with
    Last edited by PinkPopsicle; 28-10-2011 at 13:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Is anyone else completely obsessed with finding things to do which may affect their next cycle? Im on here constantly and have bought a TON of vitamins etc to pop over the next few months...

Jessiegirl - lets hope that the disgustingness of the potion means its more effective! I do indeed have a little girl, shes 2 and completely wonderful (although I might be slightly biased), I was lucky enough to conceive her naturally after my DH had a vasectomy reversal, but things have completely blocked up again now, so ICSI it is! Geez, I dont know how long it is since I hit the gym Good on you!

Jaspat - thanks for the advice, Ive heard good things about Dr Turner, so Im hopeful that we can try something different for my next cycle. Have you seen him? I thought Dr Chu was lovely, but Ive done 2 cycles now and only planned to do 4 at the most, so figure if I want a change, now is the time to do it! ...Ive only just managed to lose my baby weight too, its not an easy thing to do is it? and IVF makes me stress eat, so its a bit of a struggle to stay where I am weight-wise! Weight watchers is the only thing that worked for me, and I still count my points everyday...

everyone else, hope you are all ok and managing to avoid obsessions with supplements and IVF processes (unlike me!)

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Thanks for the warm welcome

Jessesgirl - yes my FS is Wazza! He was on holidays for all of July, came back in august then hurt his back. He is back now, but we figure it's worth waiting the 2ish more months for financial reasons. Plus we are going on a weeks holiday in dec!

Pilbara - it will be interesting to see what the Chinese herbalist puts your DH on. Not sure if you gals are on iPhones too and can't see sigs, but we have MFI so my DH is on alot of supps. Our list is:

Fish oil
    Menevit
    Men's multi
    Berocca
    Aloe Vera juice
    Goji berries
    Pumpkin seeds

Quite a mix isn't it?! And thats All prescribed by Wazza!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nicole - I just read the Wazza appreciation thread, and now completely understand why you are waiting to see him again (if only I lived in Brisbane!). Its refreshing to read that he prescribes supplements, most FS's ive heard of seem to totally dismiss the idea of anything other than their drugs having any impact...Ill be off to the shops tomorrow to get some aloe vera juice for my DH (he'll be so pleased to have something else added to what Im already getting him to take ).

I just read your thread macca or royal jelly? ...I was going to start taking royal jelly because it seems to be considered effective in egg quality, but I cant buy it in Tom Price, and havent got as far as doing an internet order yet. Im also a little concerned about it because Im a wee bit allergic to bees (not life threateningly allergic, but I do get a lot of swelling and reaction)... Someone suggested Macca to me ages ago, but Id forgotten all about it, will have to do some more research... Has Wazza got you on anything?

everyone!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls we are hoping to do a FET in Jan, we had our 3rd failed cycle in sept, 4th transfer, so hoping for a sticky in Jan!
    On a self imposed break, don't think I could handle another bfn this year, so have 3 months to get as healthy as possible Lost 7.2kg since feb and hitting group training hard at the moment with 1 personal training session a week also, loving it, it has my head in a good space at the moment!!
    Have our follow up appt this week after our last cycle, want fs to test me more, still getting a list together, I just feel that he stopped looking a DHs problem but after 4 with no hint of implantation I want some answers now
    Hi to all, let's pray this is the lucky thread xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Moomechanic (are you a vet?), You sound like me! ...its heartbreaking having BFN after BFN after BFN, and it seems ludicrous to just go in and do another cycle without more tests and doing something differently... I am going to ask about having a uterine scratch and lipoidal (?) flush as I havent had any implantation either (3 transfers, 2 with 2 embryos)... Its great that you have managed to get yourself in a good headspace, if hitting the gym is working, then hit it hard I say! Good luck with your follow-up appointment, let us know how it goes...

AFM - Im really struggling to get myself out my funk....seems as though everyone in this town is pregnant, you can hardly walk through the supermarket here without being bumped into by a belly...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi just thought I would join in as hubby and I are hoping to do our first round of IUI in January
    Love, Hugs and Baby Dust to all xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Pilbara - yes Wazza is certainly one of a kind. I feel very lucky to have him as my FS.

Yes he does have me on a few things: pregnancy multi, 5mg folate, B complex, fish oil and when I get closer to Jan I will also be on a baby aspirin and metformin for my pcos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pilbara - I know how ur feeling.. It seems everywhere I look lately there's a pregnant woman, or a newborn baby.. It's so hard to see
    Hopes for our miracle soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pilbara, lol nope not a vet, a mechanic (I collect cows) but I can see why you would guess vet haha!
    Yeah I know what you mean to about all the preggo people, although around here they all seem to have reached the newborn stage :s