+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies!

I have PCOS aswell, but I took Vitex for one cycle about 8 cycles ago and have O'd or gotten my surge (didn't always release the egg) on CD15 ever since! I've always/usually have a 15 day LP aswell which is good. I brought my old charts that my old FS made me do and my new FS said they were a peice of art work
    I guess she could tell from the charts that I am pretty regular? I guess my old FS DID do something to help me afterall!

I guess I'll find out everything on Sat.
    She said in our last appt that I would be on Gonal-F, Crinone and the Orangutan sounding one

She also said I would be jabbing for about 12 days before EPU.

Oh wow that feels so weird! I have browsed the IVF forums since forever and never thought I would get to use the IVF abbreviations. I can't tell if that is a good or bad thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney - I am on the pill & i am pretty regular but my clinic said that they only get me to take the pill so i can start my cycle at the right time schedule that they have put me on. They dont like my EPU to fall on weekends.

Tiger - Are you a 1st timer? I was on a really low dose my 1st Stim cycle but i think that is usually what its like for 1st timers as our clinics dont know how our bodies respond so they keep us on the lowest amount as everyone is different. Mine has increased triple the amount since my 1st stim..

Snowbunni - I am also one of those ones who get AF before BT as well. I asked last cycle to go on progesterone support & this helped my LP at bit to much. AFter my BFN i stopped progesterone & got AF pretty much the next day.

Clementime - I work in an office aswell & for my previous EPU's i would take 2 days than transfer i would take another 2 but i think this time after transfer i will take the day of transfer off & then go back to work the next day. All this time off adds up. Im grateful that my work is very flexible like that. I think it all depends on how you feel.
    The lady that said something to you about IVF & tax payer dollars I want like to slap. Did you tell her where to go??

Summershine - Its very exciting when you get near the end of taking your pill.

Jessesgirl - I am sorry to hear about your job loss situation. I hope you find a job real soon. I can imagine how dissapointed you would be after doing all that hard work. Good luck..
    Last edited by babywishes4me; 10-01-2012 at 14:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello

I hope no one minds me dropping in on this thread. I have joined the February group as our ET is scheduled for the 1st of February but I'll be sniffing and jabbing away this month!

I've been lurking around BH for a few months but I haven't posted as I have always felt terribly guilty that we are already blessed with one DS especially since at a dinner party a couple of years ago a friend declared that if you already have a child you shouldn't be allowed to head down the IVF path. But we had our first Stim IVF in September last year which was a complete and utter fail, didn't even make it to the end of the TWW and I really struggled with having no one to talk to so I thought I would get out of my shell and say hello and I hope no one minds that we already have a little one and need to have IVF this time...

to you all

Lisa xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Disney,

Your cycle sounds like it will be quite similar to mine J except we’re doing ICSI because my partner has a very low count (which is the reason we are doing ivf).

Out of interest, did you decide to do IVF because the drilling and clomid were not successful? Just because I have a friend in the same boat, she’s had the drilling and now is trying clomid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: So I went in to pick up all the meds this morning (and to hand over a wad of money) , it's oppressively hot in Brisbane today, so I'm sure I looked a sight schlepping a bunch of quite large drug filled eskies down one of the main drags of Spring Hill.

The injections kick off tonight, I'm on an ultrashort protocol so it's Centrotide first and then GonalF(300) from day 3 onwards. Apparently the ultra short protocol can do the trick for some of us post 40. Everything else is within normal range (I may have done a victory lap or 2 of the clinic when my FSH and estrogen levels on Day 3 came back normal), I know it doesn't guarantee anything but it's good to have a couple of less things to worry about given age is not on my side, but who knows, maybe a lifetime of no booze or coffee will afford me a few extra good eggs!!

So, it's all systems go....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Babywishes,

I wanted to slap her J I somehow refrained. I think that week there was a lot in the media about the safety net being changed for IVF rebates. I remember reading a SMH.com article on it, with lots of comments posted by readers with so much nasty stuff written like ivf should be banned because it’s against nature, and if you can’t have a baby you are in the shallow end of the gene pool, and that the tax payer shouldn’t have their money going towards it. This is sort of what this woman was going on about. Again, no one except people going through infertility themselves really understand.

I’m taking a week off between the pick up and the transfer, so hopefully the transfer isn’t too late in the cycle (or it might be on the weekend) so i can have a day or two off to rest.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Clementine - We are doing IVF because after the last 2 years trying naturally, with 8 months worth of help from an FS that sort of helped us, we think IVF is our best option. My new FS put us under 'unexplained' while my old FS thought it was just because I never get EWCM!!!

My GYNO that did my surgery told us that if I wasn't pregnant 4 months after my surgery to come back and see him...I figured he would only advise IVF for us anyway.

As for the Clomid, my FS didn't want to see me for 6 weeks as my previous cycle showed that I O'd on my own. I didn't accept just having a natural cycle, so a friend gave me the rest of her Clomid, so I took it. I know you shouldn't share meds, but it was worth a shot. I still got my surge on CD15 and am having my 21 day prog done tomorrow to confirm. FF also put O at CD15, so atleast it didn't stuff my cycle up...I hope!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Snowbunnii81 - I'm glad to have a fellow TWWer, it's been a bit lonely here Good to hear you're only a couple of days behind me, my BT is on Mon 16th. Fortunately that's getting closer, but it still seems like a long way away, especially as there's people joining the Sep 2012 due date group through natural conception with dates around when I will (hopefully) be due. I'm tempted to POAS sometime this week anyway.

Disney - I haven't taken the pill for any of my cycles (stim or FET). I wouldn't worry too much, each clinic and doctor has a slightly different regime for different types of treatment. Good luck with your first attempt, hopefully you won't need more than one!

Clementine Grace - I've always gone back to work the next day after a transfer. This time around I worked from home in the morning, had my transfer at midday and went home in the afternoon, and was back at work the following day. As long as you keep your activity reasonably low you shouldn't have any problems. But if you can get a couple of days off work to relax afterwards that's not going to hurt.

Welcome to all the newbies, I hope that early 2012 is a positive time of year for us all.

AFM, I'm experience all those lovely progesterone side effects. My boobs are literally bursting out of my work shirts this week, mild nausea and dizziness has started and I'm constantly thirsty/peeing. I'm crossing everything for a positive result on Monday, although after my last m/c I won't be pinning my hopes on it until after the 7 week viability scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Jen - good luck with the jabbing & sniffing of the wonderful Synarel. Oh how I miss all of the side effects that come along with that! I hope it all goes well for you & that you produce some nice follies I can totally relate to how you're feeling when others announce their pregnancies. It totally sucks & we're left wondering when will be our turn to make that happy announcement. At work, I'm in a group of about 17ppl & in the last year there were 8 pg's in the group, most of them are girls I work for! It's hard to be happy for them as they have something we want & are working so desperately hard for. I thought I'd try & improve my chances by sitting on all of their chairs to see if I could 'catch' their baby dust! I guess all we can do is hope that we will get our turn soon

Lillystar - thanks for the welcome & good luck with your FET on Thurs! I have my for you x

Summershine - thanks for the advice re progesterone. It's funny you say that, as I had done a bit of research (OK, a LOT of research - I tend to go a bit google crazy during the 2WW! ) & realised that low progesterone can result in early AF as it is required to sustain a pregnancy & therefore low levels can also result in miscarriage, etc, so I mentioned this to FS & they tested & found my levels were at 15 (should be >25) so FS increased my prog from 2 to 3 pessaries/day. This seemed to delay AF until after my BT for the last cycle but I still had AF symptoms (dull aching in lower back & cramps) which had started even before ET. For this cycle I had bleeding even before I started prog, a week before my FET...

Disneybaby - welcome & good luck with your 2WW of an unprescribed clomid cycle. With any luck you won't need to proceed with IVF

BecT - sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well with the meds. These IVF meds are cruel, hey. Your situation sounds very similar to mine - lots of small follies. I was on a dose of around 66 orgulutran & hyperstimmed on that but dose of 50 did nothing so I had to alternate! It took a while but I got there eventually. I am that you get a few of those take off really soon & grow nice and big!

Babywishes -
    good luck with the jabbing, I hope you get some nice follies

Clementine - don't you love it when people (who have kids) get on their high horse about subsidising their hard-earned tax $$ on us infertile people, like we choose to endure this! It certainly does make you want to slap them! Just goes to show, you can never truly understand until you experience something for yourself, which is why we should never judge others. At least we have the wonderful ppl in this forum to get us through the hard times ' As for acupuncture, I tried that pre/post transfer for my last FET which was BFN but I understand it does work for some people by increasing blood flow in the uterus which can help implantation. This cycle I tried fertility massage the day before instead of acupuncture - I'll let you know if it works! As for resting after transfer, I usually rest the day of transfer & resume normal (light) duties after that - some exercise (I stop running & walk instead) but this time I have taken a week off work & am not doing any exercise. Thought I'd just have complete rest & avoid stress & see if it helps.

babysteps
    - September thread for due dates?! Wow, I hadn't thought that far ahead! I guess I always assume it's going to be a BFN as I'm not that lucky & don't try to get my hopes up. Hopefully we'll get to graduate soon! How are you feeling about this one? Are you symptom spotting? It's hard to know which symptoms are pg and which are related to the progesterone. Oh, the dreaded POAS! Each cycle I say I'm going to stay away from the pee sticks as they only make me stress more! Having said that, I just bought 50 on eBay today!

AFM - I'm 2dp5dt today & woke up with a weird pulling sensation under my belly button which got me all excited but I'm still getting AF symptoms of lower backache so still have very low hopes for this one

To everyone else, I hope all is going well

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much April78! It's nice to 'meet' someone else in the same boat. I know exactly what you mean, since we are in the Secondary Infertility arena I no longer question ANYONE on when they are going to have their next one...I know how painful the question can be! We used to get the question a lot but its tapering off now, I guess we've just become the 'Elephant in the room' but when it does come up I just say that hubby is enjoying the practice, it gets a laugh and them off my back. I am so sorry to hear about your Ectopic, 5 years...my fingers are crossed this is the year for you

Good luck with your journey as well.