FET
    Tinkers-waiting on exact date!
    Lillystar - (approx 14/01)
    Akakura - 1st timer FET

TWW

babystepswa

Hugs Needed This Time

Graduates

Hello ladies ! Just added myself to the roll call. I'm waiting for AF. Been doing OPK tests for the last 10 days and finally got a positive on CD16 (i usually ovulate between CD10-13), but this is my first cycle after my first stim cycle so of course it could be a little messed up! At least I ovulated this month, the FN said I might not after a stim cycle.....bring on AF!!

to everyone this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    could someone tell me how to update the roll call? I'm not sure how to do it, thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Akakura- thanks for the invite
    We are doing a fet cycle and start jabbing in ten days. Soooo excited!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    This is my first post, hope I have chosen the right place!
    I am using FertSA due to DH very low count, and very poor motility. AF is due on 15/1, so starting my first ever stim cycle on 16/1. 162.5 Gonal F.
    We are blessed to have conceived our 2 precious children naturally, (DD 14, DS 12) we tried to conceive number three for many years, but felt guilty seeking help since we were blessed with 2 children already. due to unknown reasons majority of my DH sperm have since died, so our decision was made for us!
    On my birthday this year, I found myself to be in desperate need to reproduce again scary thought when you are raising teenagers, but I discussed it with them at length, and they are thrilled.
    My DH was in shock initially, but after a short discussion he thought it was a great idea.
    I made a doctors app on nov 23, he had SA on nov 25, got AF on Dec 17 fs on Dec 21, had bloood tests, and checked my egg stores (all good). Enjoyed Christmas and NY, went back to Adelaide on Jan 4, husband did another SA, which thankfully showed some movement. Saw nurse, both got blood tests, picked up drugs, and am now ready to rock on Jan 15!!!
    Can not believe how quick the process has been. Fingers are crossed that things will continue on this path.
    Best wishes to all who are trying to conceive. Mwah!!!
    I am on the January bandwagon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning all! Looks like January is indeed going to be a busy month! Thought id pop in before work. So first scan yesterday. Gonal f dose has been increased to 100. There were 30 follicles total but all really small so not much has been happening (not entirely unexpected, there was debate over how much to drop the dose by) so hopefully SOME of them grow nicely! Looks like we may get a few again. Blood test and scan 2 on Monday so fingers crossed they get growin'!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaspat24 View Post
    No not too early for a Jan thread! we're starting late Jan hopefully, just waiting for AF to appear after my last ectopic to be able to work out timing for IVF in Jan! Its only 3 months away now
    Has anyone else given up coffee alcohol etc in readyness to get their body healthier etc for IVF? My acupuncturst says coffee really affects egg quality
    just working hard to save up the extra money needed for it all and chrstmas of course!
    I, too, read that caffeine affects general IVF success rates (possibly) - there is so much conflicting advice/information out there!!

We are TTC #2 and had 2x failed FETs...after which I cut out caffeine from my diet entirely (except for the odd bit of comfort chocolate)......and not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but FET #3 has resulted in a BFP!! (still early days, BT confirmed it, but HB scan not til next Fri...7 weeks +2)

Just a thought....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Complete newbie here - both to BH and to IVF so would love to join your thread as have just started Antagonist Cycle with jabs started on New Year's Eve. Been reading a few of the posts and threads but still not completely up to speed with all the lingo so please excuse any errors

Bit about me: I'm 40 and DH is about to turn 39 in mid-Jan. We have been TTC for approx 4 years. I was diagnosed with Hasimoto's Disease (under active thyroid) about 2 1/2 years ago so spent some time getting that sorted and then when we finally got around to IVF referral and had all the tests discovered that DH has abnormal sperm morphology. We did a IUI cycle in Sept/Nov but it wasn't successful so thought we'd be better off trying IVF rather than more IUI (especially given my old age!).

Was going to start in early Dec but what I thought was AF was apparently a mid-cycle bleed so finally got the go ahead on Dec 31 - so here's hoping for a happy new year! (although I know it's rare to be successful on the first attempt but )

Anyway looking forward to sharing the journey with you younger (but more experienced) ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    I may just pip you in the age stakes, I'm 41 (just), but I like to say 41 years young! Having said that, I feel like I've been constantly reminded recently (FS, nurses etc) about how old I am!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooh i started jabbing the same day as you Buttercrumpet. Im also doing an antagonist cycle. Last time i used orgalutran which was a little stingy for a short time after but fine otherwise. This time im using cetrotide and find its knocking me around a bit with headaches and nausea and the injection site gets red and itchy. Only lasted half an hour at work this morning before going home sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kseds, thanks for the stuff on caffeine. My accupunturist said the same thing, but our ivf nurse said it was fine for me to have a cup or two a day. I think there does seem to be a lot of stuff out there to say giving up coffee makes a difference. I try, but i do cave and have a cup or two a week. No coffee, chocolate, wine - it doesn't leave us with much!

Joozys and Buttercrumpet, my friends sister got preggers 1st ivf cycle at 42 last year and she's due to give birth any day, so def think 40 years young