+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving to Townsville

Hi all Townsville folk, I am moving to your lovely city most likely early Jan 2012 with husband and 2 x DS (7mo and 3yo) I am really looking forward to it but at the same time I know its going to be a rude shock to the system as we are coming from 10 years in Darwin and I need to find a new gym, new family daycare, new kindy, new friends and new family (just kidding about the family but I am leaving behind the inlaws who live JUST down the road and are great last minute babysitters!) If anyone feels they can offer assistance on any of those matters I would be SO grateful

Also if anyone can give me feedback on good areas to live in, we would like to be close to town so I have been looking at Hyde Park, Hermit park and West End and Railway Estate (we want an old Queenslander). Are these reasonable suburbs, or are there parts of them that are good and bad? We are meeting with some agents to show us around in 2 weeks time when we fly down for a reccy so would be good to have a bit of an idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Sorry I missed your post, do you still need help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we've jumped in and made some decisions so I'm not sure if I want feedback or not!! We have bought a lovely old Queenslander in Railway estate (above the flood level!) so I guess it will be Railway Estate primary school eventually - I have heard a few good reviews and nothing BAD so I guess that's good and I am checking out St Pauls Lutheran preschool in Mysterton as I have had multiple recommendations to it. Now I'm looking for a preprep place to get early enrolment into...any recommendations here? Thanks for your reply.
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    That's great railway estate is lovely. I don't much about the schools and preprep's in that area. My ds is starting preprep at annandale christian college next year. We already have 4 others that go there. It is a wonderful school. There are still spots available there for the Thursday, Friday and every second wed group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! My ds is only 3yrs and 2mo so wont start preprep till 2013 I think? Should I be getting applications in early - like as in now?? A girlfriend has said that it can be quite hard to get a spot in preprep as not all schools offer it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    btw, 6 kids! WOW dont know how you do it. I find it hard enough with just 2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Here a link to chart telling you when they start prep, so preprep is the year before.

http://education.qld.gov.au/students...info_sheet.pdf

state schools pre pre fill fast but the private ones not so much, The private one you can childcare rebates though.

Oh my lot are very spread out. My eldest will be 18 when this one is born. She had her last academic day today so it all fun for the next week and then she finished school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    if u hav no luck findind a daycare, i work as a nanny, currently P/T with a family of 4 kids aged 11,9,5, and 9months old but have alot fo free days. I dont charge by the hour i just do a daily rate (usually works out around $10 - $18 an hr depending on number of kids and expectations) and happy to negotiate price. feel free to email me at dbyass_1992@hotmail.com thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did the move go? I'm moving to Townsville in Jan 2013