+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great MARTTC, can't wait to hear how it all goes! I am the same Edi, not game to join oct group- or even update my sig yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Finally someone who's happy to see the little witch!! Your new journey begins so exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, your support is truly appreciated... I've started getting down about discussing IVF with my friends as they just don't get it & have said some stupid comments!
    I know you girls are not doing IVF but I feel better after reading your posts than talking to my own friends!
    Off to Melb IVF to pick up my injections, ready to start for Tuesday & my first scan booked for Friday 2nd March :-) to see how the progress of all my little eggies are :-)
    Say goodbye to $9000 today & that's just the start
    I really hope this is a short process for us :-)

I can't imagine how it feels to be pregnant - I'm going to be as nervous as you guys too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay MARTTC, I'm happy its all finally starting for you!! I also hope your IVF journey is a short one!!

PB- I'm so happy buns is healthy.. I had you pegged for a boy lol!! But a girl is just as exciting!!

I'm glad to see you all are doing great!! I love reading all about your pregnancies!! I'll be joining you soon, I know it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    Thanks girls, your support is truly appreciated... I've started getting down about discussing IVF with my friends as they just don't get it & have said some stupid comments!
    what sorta rubbish have your 'friends' been saying to you. sounds pretty disappointing that not even your friends can be nice. hope they snap out of it.
    I do however know that many people truly cant understand how much pain TTC really is, whether it be naturally or via IVF. I look back now on how un-supportive i was on a past friend after her m/c (i was overseas at the time, and she told me, and i didnt think to ask her a month or so later how she was doing, as i thought she'd just brush it off as 'one of those things'). now looking back, i wish i had been more concerned for her, as i know now how i felt!
    So hopefully it's just like that for your friends. they will one day soon realise what a big deal TTC is and esp when you are having assistance via IVF. there are loads of hormones involved and injections as you say. I think people arent well educated about these things to be honest. i believe you should make it your mission to educate your friends and truly have them be a part of your journey, as you dont wanna feel lonely through any of this.
    We are here for you, so always remember that.

How much of your $9000 do you get back from the medicare safety net rebate? i guess it all depends on where you get it done. i know a cycle at a good fert clinic here is $4400 up front and then you get about 2000 back, but i guess this isnt including injections and then progesterone support etc. i know i was put on during last pregnancy and i was lucky enough that this was prescribed through my public hosp (as this is where my recurrent m/c lady is), and she said had i gone private, i would have been up for alot more $$ than i had to pay through her.

I really do hope this is a short process for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe some of your friends have said some silly comments. I would be guttered. And yes, whilst we can't truly understand what you are going through, we will ALWAYS be here for you and can't wait to hear the news that you will soon be a mummy You have been nothing but supportive to all of us, and you deserve every ounce of support we can give you.

I know i've said this before, but there is something strangely comforting about being able to discuss the most intimate TTC details with a bunch of complete strangers. Maybe it's because you're non-judgemental, or maybe it's because you're all going through similar issues. But all you girls have been absolutely life-savers throughout the whole process, even though i was ridiculously lucky to have a short journey.

MARTTC and Nic - we are all right here with you, and always will be, regardless of whether you are using IVF or just doing the dirty every month. I love hearing about everyone's different journeys
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTTC View Post
    I can't imagine how it feels to be pregnant - I'm going to be as nervous as you guys too
    I hope you don't have to imagine for long!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pilbarablossom For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (28-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH got a referral for a sperm analysis today yay!! So if they do find something wrong we can fix it early!!! Is it weird to be excited about it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not weird at all, that's great Nic! The first time I saw my fs he ordered one for dp because he said theres no point just looking at me and 6 mths later realising there are issues there as well. All sounds like steps in the right direction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my bloods back today hcg is at 780!!!!! Yay!!!!! Ultrasound next week for dates as I ovulated late. Going on lmp I should be at 8 weeks but going from hcg its 5 weeks. Omg I'm so excited!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub