+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1375
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What a stunner! And beautiful name, congratulations!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies! One of our friends brought her a giant monkey....
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    that sure is a giant monkey! she looks very content snuggled up to it. How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not too bad. Just absolutely shattered. Ive slept like 3 hrs since thursday. Heading home today (day 2 woo go me!) so at least we can have one of us sleeping and the other in the lounge or somewhere with the screaming baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy to finally see your little one has arrived. Hope she finds a good sleep rhythm for you. I'm so very very happy for u xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naww PB thats just too cute!! How are you handling your first week of motherhood?? I hope bubs is being a good girl..

Merri how are you travelling? Bubs still sticky? I hope everything is good.. Sending sticky vibes..

How is everyone else? I think bubs maybe sitting on a nerve, my back is killing me! Only on my left side, really low, right on my lower back/pelvic area.. I'm hoping its going to reslove itself soon, it's a pain in th a@#!! I feel like I'm walking lopsided lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sitting at 7w2d so have made it past all other 3 m/c so I guess that's something and hoping these blood thinners are doing there magic. The furthest I've gotten in the past was the very first one which made it to 6w3d

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merri that is fantastic news!! I truly hope you've found the perfect treatment. It must be so emotionally draining for you but hopefully your holiday was the perfect escape

Nic I hope your back improves soon....its only going to get worse from here! Heat packs are amazing, a nice warm bath, or even sitting on a fit ball. If you don't already have one, I suggest you get one. It will be your best friend in your 9th month!

Motherhood has its ups and downs. But mainly it's ups I left hospital on day 2 as it was stressing me out to be there. DF has been my rock. We're now just trying to figure out how to get her to sleep at night. She's fine during the day but for some reason decides that the only way she's going to sleep at night is in our bed. We've borrowed a friends "safe sleeper" or whatever they're called which we're going to try out tonight, then try to get her used to the bassinet during the day. Its just too stressful trying out new things at night!

So here's what happened with me (finally getting a chance to sit down and write it). I went in on Tuesday and has the gel started at 3pm. My cervix was long, thick and posterior so we knew it was going to need at least a couple of doses. However, the pains came in pretty quickly and the CTG showed what they thought were contractions, so they held off on the second dose of gel to avoid hyper-stimulation.

Wednesday morning - minimal change to the cervix. The 'contractions' were just prostin pains, so we could have had the second dose that night. Instead, we wasted another 12 hours. Second dose inserted at 9am. Third dose inserted at 3pm. Minimal cervix changes - though it had started to thin out a wee bit and move forward.

Thursday morning - Cervix had continued to thin out but I was only 1cm dilated. After a long discussion, it was decided that a Cooks Catheter was our best option, rather than discontinuing the induction and trying again on Monday. I was allowed home for 5 hours to rest and recover. The catheter was inserted at 6pm that evening.

Friday morning - I was meant to be checked at 8am, however, the curse of Friday the 13th saw 5 women in labour in a hospital with only 2 birthing suites, so I had to wait until lunch time. I had finally made it to 3cm (and only just) so they ruptured the membranes and commenced the syntocin drip. 4pm and still no contractions despite being on the highest dose. Then all of a sudden, BAM. Too many contractions. The poor doctors had quite a rough ride trying to find the optimal rate for the drip but decided that 6 contractions in 10 minutes was going to have to do (instead of the optimal 3-4 in 10).

My blood pressure started to rise so i was encouraged to get an epidural at 530pm. 40 minutes later he finally got it in and my back resembled a dart board. Unfortunately, i only had a one sided block so it was removed around 9pm and i started on the gas and air.

A VE at 12am showed i was only 4cm. I asked to keep going. I continued like this until 430am when i had another VE. Only 5cm. I couldn't handle it any more. My body was giving up after 4 days of induction and 18 hours of labour. My heart was going into arrhythmias and my BP was uncontrollable, so we were rushed in to theatre for an emergency c-section. They were worried that I would need a general anesthetic after the epidural debacle but fortunately the spinal block was successful otherwise DF wouldn't have been allowed at the birth and I would have been completely under.

Hannah Sophia was finally born at 648am on Saturday morning. She was perfect. Apgars of 9 and 9. A good set of lungs and a beautiful head of hair - though she had a serious cone head as a result of the long labour. Our little girl is one strong baby. Through all of this she only ever showed signs of distress once, but was corrected when I was put on to my side.

The doctors and midwives said they'd rarely seen anyone go through a 4 day induction followed by an 18 hour labour. They were amazed at how well I had done and the obstetrician even bought Hannah and I a present for being so strong. Turns out that I wouldn't have been able to deliver her naturally even if I had gone into spontaneous labour as her head was just too big for my pelvis. But hey, we weren't to know.

It has been a very long and hard 9 months but we are both happy and healthy which is the main thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello my lovely ladies!

How are you all?

Merri, I hope you're still plodding along nicely

Time for another bragging photo of our gorgeous girl!

Prof 1.jpg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pilbarablossom For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ohhhh that photo is so sweet! Look at all her hair!! Beautiful!
    Sounds like you guys went through quite an ordeal, you must be exhausted still. How are you finding the sleeping is going now?

afm, not much to report, at my 28 week check I was measuring small so I have another dr appointment next week to check measurement, so long as there's growth its fine, otherwise they'll just do a scan to check it properly. How is everyone else going? Things still good with you Merri?