+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 138 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1375
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought I'd never do it but I'm at that point that I'll try anything... I was so afraid BUT most of them you don't even feel (really) a couple can be a little uncomfortable but it still doesn't hurt! I think they put the needles on special points to release tension, anxiety etc
    There's more involved but that's the basic explanation

I imagine it would have been much better to have a real life model too, don't really understand why they wouldn't do that anyway?
    Sounds like it was good fun

AFM: had my pregnal injection, firstly the nurse told my husband the glass vials were easy to snap open with your hands, well he broke it open, the top shattered & he cut his fingers then I was nervous there was glass in there... Anyway he broke open the second one okay, mixed them up & injected me - only took 3 mins to let him inject me (yay - go me!!) may have helped we had friends at our house waiting to go watch a movie - That's My Boy - Funniest movie ever!

FIRST CYCLE FEB/MAR 2012
    IVF ICSI ANTAGONIST
    BFP - but sadly miscarried @ 6 weeks.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh i was afraid the needles would hurt, but so many women swear by acupuncture so it can't be too uncomfortable if they keep going back.

Nurse's tip for opening glass vials...get the alcohol swab that you clean your skin with (before you open it) and use it to cover the top of the vial, then SNAP! If it does crack, your skin will be protected by the swab.

How long do you have to have the pregnyl for?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pilbarablossom For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad the acupuncture went well! I always found it very relaxing! Fingers crossed it helps!!

I'm 21+3 today have been getting really bad migraines the past week. Was in hospital for a few hours cause it was that sore seeing the chiro has been helping so fingers crossed.

Pb you are looking great!! My bump is tiny lol. You are gorgeous!!

Nic yay for being 12 weeks time flies once you hit that magic mark

How is everyone else??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Edi86 For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hope that you are feeling better now Edi, keep up with the chiro.
    Love the bump shot PB! Your are looking great! Here's another pregnyl tip marttc - I iced my belly with an ice cube before the needle, really helps :-)
    Nic, you must be feeling good to be past the 12week mark, I remember being very relieved! AFM, will be 24 weeks on Wednesday, another milestone reached!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoo Baby For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (19-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    24 weeks already! Thats crazy talk!

Oh my gosh girls I haven't been this nervous about an ultrasound since our 20 week morph scan. Please bear with me as I need to get this out and where better to do it than here, surrounded by such supportive women.

I had an appointment with the obstetrician on Thursday and he's worried about pre-eclampsia because my BP has been creeping up and Ive got protein in my urine. So i had a bunch of blood tests which are apparently ok but he also sent us off for an ultrasound to see how the placenta is functioning and to check baby's size (to assess growth rate and to see how big and strong she is incase she needs to come out).

So today is the day of the scan and for some reason I was up all night worrying about it and having nightmares. I'm not too worried about her size because I'm pretty sure she's a little buddha (as you can see in the photo!) but I think im really worried about the thought of the placenta failing. If it is failing, or if she's not growing properly, they'll have to deliver her pretty quickly. Again, I don't know why I'm so scared because I know that at 35 weeks she'll be pretty much ok. If anything, she'll probably just need a feeding tube for a week or two until she learns how to suckle.

Maybe the fear/worry is coming from the fact that we could be having this baby sooner than we think? I didn't think this bothered me as I have mentally prepared myself for the fact that she could decide to come at any time. But obviously I've got some serious first-time parent anxiety issues going on.

I also know that the chances of a complication are lower than the chances of a normal scan, but when we've had to deal with one thing after another through the rest of the pregnancy, I think i've now developed a negative mind set - which i know is bad but I can't help it.

I had a chat to one of the midwives this morning (she's one of our good friends) and she's going to check my results for me tomorrow when she's in the clinic so I don't have to sit here worrying about it until Thursday when we have our next appointment but I'm also going to see what information I can get out of the sonographer!

Sorry for the rant/whinge/sob story - whatever you want to call it. I just needed to get it out. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    PB vent away.. Thats what we are here for to be shoulders to lean on when you need them..

Had our scan today.. Bubs is perfect!! Good strong HB, 149bpm, little bugger wouldnt stay still for the tech to get a proper pic of the neck fluid until right at the end when she fell asleep lol.. Gave us some good shots of his hands and fingers and there are 5 on each!! Got some feet and toe shots too.. Very very active little one this morning!! Tech said based on ultrasound, she has no abnormalities but we will have to wait to the bloods come back to be sure.. But things are looking great!! Haven't uploaded any pics yet so I will soon... Oh today was the best day of my life!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope this pic uploads..
    Bubs is measuring 12w6d, (I am 12w3d), we are due 26/12/12!! Boxing Day bubba!!!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful nic!!! Congrats

Pb vent as much as you like!! Hugs!! You will be great no matter what happens so take strength in that xx

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my gosh nic!!!!! What a gorgeous little munchkin! And how about you have him/her a few days early...say the 22nd....were pretty awesome people haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for letting me rant! I haven't had my appointment with the doctor yet - it will be on thursday morning - but i had one of the midwives check my ultrasound report and it looks ok. Bub is weighing in at 2.6kg and measuring fine - though her head circumference is a week ahead which I'm not impressed about!! All that says to me is OUCH! The idiot sonographer, though, had me lying flat on my back and half way through the scan I had a full on vasovagal attack and passed out completely. They sent me around to the ward to get a midwife to check me over and they were shocked that they're not using wedges on women over 25 weeks, particularly at 35 weeks. They're going to raise the issue with the radiology department, so at least something good will come from it. Ladies - make sure you have your right hip propped up for any scans....either put your hand under your bum or ask for a wedge or towel. They may not offer it to you but ASK!

So anyway, i still have to wait and see what the doctor says on thursday, but from what i understand, if bub doesn't look distressed on the scan and my blood pressure is manageable, then i won't need to be induced right away which is fantastic news - though I'd love to meet her now!