+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 138 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1375
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my gosh girls! Were about to head to our first birthing class! You'd think id know what im in for being a nurse, but im quietly crapping myself haha I think DF is going to get a bit of a shock!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha they made us watch a birthing video! I thought DF would freak out but he was surprisingly good. All those times ive made him watch One Born Every Minute obviously paid off!

Hope youre all well, and Marttc, im thinking of you often xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pilbarablossom For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking about you to marttc.. Hope you and your dh are doing ok xxx

My fetal doppler arrived today yay!! Not holding my breath that we are going to hear anything but I hope bub will be good and how us his/her little heartbeat.. Might take us a few days to learn how to use it lol..

Hope everyone else is well x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nic86 For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (13-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic, how did the doppler go?? Remember, it might be too early...
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah we didn't hear anything.. But I know it's early, going to try again on a few days @ 11 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    It'll be heard really low, down near your pelvic bone

Thanks
    Reviews
    How was the class PB? I have been softening my dp up with one born every minute, but he still claims he isn't coming in the room! Speaking of which, usa series starts tonight, will be watching!

Early days for the doppler Nic, will be good when you are further along. This morning I woke up on my back - opps - with the cat asleep on my tummy - double opps. I was paranoid she had crushed the baby and would have loved a little doppler check! The kicking this morning has reassured me though :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im surprised the baby didn't kick the cat haha with the strength of our little girl's kicks the cat would have flown across the room!

The class was really good. As a nurse, I know alot already. But it was really good for DF and actually really good for me to be treated as another patient, not a nurse, if that makes sense. I got the same information as everyone else for once. I honestly thought DF would freak out at the birthing video but instead he watched it all and just kept saying "sorry" haha I don't think he'll be watching our baby come out though!

I love one born every minute,but i find the USA version really frustrating. Everyone gets an epidural, and if they dont want it, the midwives basically brainwash them into it. I much prefer the UK version

Day One of maternity leave today!! Its 930am and im still in my pyjamas I think I'll write my "To Do" list today and start preparations tomorrow. My weekly midwife appointments start today (they are held on the ward I work on) so it will probably feel like Ive never left that place!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I can't wait until I can feel bubs moving around.. Almost 11 weeks.. It seems to be going so fast, but so slow at the same time..

I can't wait for my maternity leave!! I plan on spending it in a kiddie pool in my backyard as it's gonna be getting pretty hot around here that time of year.. Plus being huge won't help me any lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha our inflatable pool is the best investment we ever made! Its still around 30 degrees most days up here in winter and the weightlessness of the water is amazing

11 weeks already nic! That sure is going fast! What date is your scan?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pilbarablossom For This Useful Post:

MARTTC  (13-06-2012)