+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Breech Birth Experiences

Hi all,

My 3rd bub is sitting breech and I know it still has heaps of time to turn but I thought it cant hurt to have a look at my options. My other two bubs were always head down even though they were posterior so I have never really looked into breech deliveries before.

Would like to hear from ladies who have delivered breech bub either naturally or c section.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a vaginal breech birth. By far the easiest out of the 2 I've had. I had to fight a little for it to have it in the hospital system, but I did it my baby was frank breech (so bum in my pelvis) and this is generally the easier type breech to give birth with.

Do you know what type of breech your baby is? My 3rd is also breech at the moment (footling) but I am 27 weeks so hoping it turns before labour.

Pm me if you would like I can show you my birth story if you're interested.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default You can do with support

I gave birth naturally to my third baby 6 weeks ago who was breech. My first 2 were head down. Had a great obs and midwives on the day and all went well. He was a frank breech and we were confident he would fit as I'd given birth twice already. Yes it bloody hurt but so did the first 2! Only differences I found was the pain was all in my back instead of tummy but I don't know if that was because he was breech. Also because you have to get the bottom out and then the head it's kind of like you crown twice.

Was so happy that I was supported to have him naturally (was never given the cs option actually). Meant I recovered really well. Such a shame more woman don't get the option to birth naturally their breech babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had 2 breech babies now, both delivered by c section. To be honest, my obst didn't give me a choice - it was the only option he gave me.

I'm really happy with my births, though. I found them both very positive experiences.

My last was not only breech, but had the cord wrapped twice around her neck and my obst found that my uterus around the previous scar was very thin, so I'm glad in retrospect that I did birth via c section. (not that this will be a problem for you)

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that c sections can also be a positive birth experience as long as you go into it with the right mindset.

Lets hope your bub turns in the mean time though! All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zaliwali View Post
    I gave birth naturally to my third baby 6 weeks ago who was breech. My first 2 were head down. Had a great obs and midwives on the day and all went well. He was a frank breech and we were confident he would fit as I'd given birth twice already. Yes it bloody hurt but so did the first 2! Only differences I found was the pain was all in my back instead of tummy but I don't know if that was because he was breech. Also because you have to get the bottom out and then the head it's kind of like you crown twice.

Was so happy that I was supported to have him naturally (was never given the cs option actually). Meant I recovered really well. Such a shame more woman don't get the option to birth naturally their breech babies.
    Where did u have your baby? That's great they were so supportive.

I had a breech vaginally but was a second twin so doesn't really count

It wasn't a lot different to my other births.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Annabella

I had him at St Vincents with Guy Skinner as my obs. The midwives told me that I wouldn't have been able to birth naturally at most other hospitals. When I asked a midwife who worked at the mercy why the don't deliver breech baby's naturally there she said it's a combination of fear of risks and no one does it so there's o one to teach how to.
    I didn't read up so didn't know the risks which was good as could of freaked me out. Guy was super relaxed so I was calm about it too.

By the way a second twin sure does count! Absolutely!

Gizmo I'm so glad you had a positive experience. C sections can absolutely be positive birth experiences too. It's all about doing what's right for you and your baby at the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Just wanted to say that it is great to hear some positive breech baby stories! everywhere else i've read is 'oh my god! Instant 39week c-sect!' I am 39+3 and bub turned breech the other day. Have been seeing chiro to see if we can flip baby. Have a check-up thursday with Chiro and Midwife so we will see how that goes! I am having a homebirth so if bubs doesn't turn we will be vaginally delivering a breech baby. I am comfortable either way, believe bub will be in the position he/she wants when the time comes.