+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I think that's the accepted theory on Jon Snow, Aquarius. That's why he can be one of the dragon's "heads". Not sure if Tyrion has dragon blood or even if it is necessary though. I really dint know how he's going to fit all of this into a remaining book! It seems like so much needs to happen. I keep panicking he's going to die before he finishes the series lol!

Btw has anyone read Wildcards?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oh cool i'm glad i've figured out the jon snow theory!

the other theory i wonder about - you know how cersei had that prophecy that her children would die and she would be killed by the valonquar or 'little brother'? i know that she thinks that tyrion is the little brother who will kill her, but do you reckon that seems a bit obvious? do you think there's a twist and it could be a different 'little brother'? maybe ser loras will return and kill her coz he is the youngest brother of the tyrell family? or possibly tommen will suddenly decide he's had enough and kill her as he is the youngest brother? (seems unlikely though) or even rickon somehow, as the youngest brother of the starks?

no i haven't read Wildcards, what's it about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm haven't thought about that. I think I just assumed it was Tyrion. I wonder if there's a different translation? I could totally see Arya doing it as a Faceless man (even though she's a girl). She's always mistaken as a boy and is being trained as a faceless man (usually male). Just a thought.

Wild cards is a series partly written by and edited by George RR. He writes a chapter and then various other science fiction/ fantasy writers write other chapters. They are all sort of resposible for certain characters. The premise is earth has been hit with a Wildcard virus. Some people are Jokers and have strange deformities and some are Aces and have cool powers. Nothing like Song of Ice and Fire nor as good, but entertaining in an X-Men kind of way Check out George's website. There's a little on there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh cool i will check out wildcards! me and my two cousins used to write stories together like that when we were in high school, like we would each write half a page or a couple of paragraphs and then hand it on to the next person to write... altho they were usually stories making fun of our teachers rather than gripping sci-fi thrillers

hmmm arya as a faceless man killing off cersei - that would be sweet justice! good theory!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by aLittleLoopy View Post
    I keep panicking he's going to die before he finishes the series lol!
    Omg, me too! I'm always saying this to DF! Lol. George, just get in there and WRITE, ffs. Hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ha ha sariele! i wonder how long it takes him to write those books? they are soooo huge, just imagine the sheer hours that would go into typing just the first draft, let alone all the edits! how does he keep track of which character is where?!

btw how do you guys deal with all the rape scenes/references in the books? i know he has to include them in there for authenticity and show it's a rough world, but urgghhh i feel a bit queasy sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those are pretty horrible Aquarius, but they really show the brutality of that time (I know it's fictional, but it is so realistically based in Medieval times, it's hard not to think that's how it would have been).

I haven't watched the whole tv series, just the first two episodes (I work and have a baby who thinks sleeping is for wimps - so I don't watch much of anything these days!). It would annoy me though if Renly was portrayed as wimpy. He really isn't like that! Is it because he's gay do you think? It is hinted at in the book (he and Loras) but the producers only way of getting the idea across is to make him a wimp??I hope not, because that would make me twice as mad! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Something else I was just thinking about, if Jon Snow's parents are who we think they are then how will that be found out? Ned took the secret to his grave. I remembered though that Howland Reed was there that day and would be the only person who would know the truth. But who will believe him?

Also, do you think the children of the forest still exist? Do you think they'll save everyone from the others?

(I'm such a nerd hahaha!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *subscribing so I can find it again later *

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi mummykitty, look forward to hearing from you later on!

loopy, omg you will hate the way they have portrayed renly and loras in the tv series - they are mincing stereotypes. renly can't stand the sight of blood and loras is really camp. the tv show makes it really obvious that they are lovers, it was done so much better in the book when they just had subtle hints. i know in a tv show sometimes you don't have time for subtle hints if you're trying to cram everything into one-hour episodes, but they still could have done it much better and there's really no excuse for making renly into a wimp! ha sorry got carried away there, can you tell i feel strongly about this issue! geek alert!

yes that's a good point about howland reed and whether people will believe him, it sounds like most people in westeros don't have much respect for the crannogmen/bog people! i'm really curious about that part of the story, i.e. the love triangle between rhaegar and lyanna and robert baratheon, and when/how exactly lyanna and rhaegar went off by themselves and had jon? then why exactly lyanna died? in childbirth i assume, and she asked ned and wylla the wet nurse to pretend jon was their b.stard child? and how does lady ashara dayne come into it? i know she was ned's lover before he was married, but why did she kill herself? maybe that was explained in the book and i forgot!

yes i reckon the children of the forest still exist, i think you're right and they'll help jon snow defend the wall when the others come!

also do you remember coldhands, the stranger who meets up with sam tarly and gilly beyond the wall and then takes bran, meera and jojen into the wild to find the three-eyed crow? they never see his face - do you think he's benjen stark who went missing?

oh and my sympathies on having a baby who thinks sleep is for the weak - mine was the same! how old is your bub?