+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 86 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Ladies!

Sorry Ive been MIA .. lots of stuff going on around here! Good stuff so I don't mind!

Now let me try to catch up!

Cate - Its SO ok so be jealous! It doesn't make you a bad friend at all...just human! If people could have heard the thoughts going through my head when I saw pregnant women or new babies, I'd probably be in some lock up with a warning about my mental stability!I found the only people I was ever truly happy for were others who had been down the ART path! Even now I feel tinges of jealousy thinking that everyone had it easier than us! 2 years of infertility makes you bitter

Mellington - Im 9+4 today How are you going??

Skizzie - you are a brave, strong woman! I would have peed on a real stick from the tree had I got my hands on one I was that bad... I did 12 tests in 8 days

Dancing Queen - Welcome! Love the name In regards to making the IUI successful .. I did the same as Cates DP! Put my feet up on the dash on the way home I also rested for a few hours after the insem. I drank some Pineapple juice, 1 glass a day for about a week, I heard the enzymes help or something! I also used warm heat packs on my belly. Thats a Chinese medicine suggestion, but you must make sure its warm and not hot as your not supposed to overheat your uterus or raise your body temp.
    I don't know if any of that worked of course! I just know they cycle worked

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningWithScissors For This Useful Post:

Dancing Queen  (12-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Welcome Chubear Hope your hsg went well today

Dancing queen, in relation to your question about making the iui successful, my advice is not to 'over think it' just avoid the things that are unsafe or minimise the chances of falling but otherwise I dont really change anything. I eat healthy and do things that make me happy I have fallen twice through iui but sadly they didnt stick. We got to see a heart beat on the 2nd pg but i lost that one at 13 weeks. The 1st pg lasted till 8wks.

Hi Prettypetal, DH and I didnt really talk about whether we were going to tell people or not. We told our family as soon as we made a decision on our treatment - we have a close family and wanted their support, I guess as time went on through circumstance other people found out, when i had the miscarriages for eg i told some of my closest work friends. Not everyone knows the full detail of our treatment though. For us telling our friends is helpful but you need to do what works for you guys. One thing is for sure, only the most trusted people i know are the ones who i share the details with. Also, I have been with my partner for 18yrs so i find that because of that and my age people feel compelled to ask me the age old question "when are you having kids" all the time, even if they dont really know me and it's usually the people who dont know about the AFT.
    for you on the weekend. oh and AFM = As For Me (i think)

Glad all is going well RWS

Hi Catemer - hope the weekend zooms by

AFM - i poas for the 2nd time yesterday morn (thurs) and BFN again, bt is monday so still not totally disheartened but coming to grips with the thought of having to have MORE treatment. I think i'll use the last hpt in the box tomorrow morn

Giving everyone lots and lots of positive vibes today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    I'm on my iPod so can't see who said what so:

Hsg went well today , unpleasant but good results so I'm happy.

My amh is only 4, dr didn't say for sure when the eggs will run out but she said she recommends moving forward within the next 6 months.

My next bt is Sunday and I suppose then I'll find out what happens next.

Do you have to have trigger shots every time you iui?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls I just gotta share................ so I found out a few weeks ago that my almost 17 year old cousin who is slightly off the rails is pg - it was planned, she wants to have a baby. I was feeling so sorry for myself i didnt know how to handle it. I thought about it for a few weeks and decided that this was not going to play on my mind and get me down, I just sent her a message saying congrats, and now I feel sooooooo much better
    When we found out she's pg the first thing DH said to me is...you can't let other people's lives dictate how we are feeling about our own.

I feel much better now that I have acknowledged it, I can let it go

6. The Following User Says Thank You to skizzie For This Useful Post:

Dancing Queen  (12-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by skizzie View Post
    Hi Girls I just gotta share................ so I found out a few weeks ago that my almost 17 year old cousin who is slightly off the rails is pg - it was planned, she wants to have a baby. I was feeling so sorry for myself i didnt know how to handle it. I thought about it for a few weeks and decided that this was not going to play on my mind and get me down, I just sent her a message saying congrats, and now I feel sooooooo much better
    When we found out she's pg the first thing DH said to me is...you can't let other people's lives dictate how we are feeling about our own.

I feel much better now that I have acknowledged it, I can let it go

Skizzie... last week i got the news that my SIL who is much younger than me got pregnant. It is very hard to digest that information . I am slowly coming on terms with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubear View Post
    Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    I'm on my iPod so can't see who said what so:

Hsg went well today , unpleasant but good results so I'm happy.

My amh is only 4, dr didn't say for sure when the eggs will run out but she said she recommends moving forward within the next 6 months.

My next bt is Sunday and I suppose then I'll find out what happens next.

Do you have to have trigger shots every time you iui?
    Welcome Chubear hope your stay here is very short :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls! I hope everyone has had a busy weekend to keep their minds off poas!
    So we tested for O today and the line was there, but paler than the control, so no O yet, but it's on it's way. Even though we were both really excited about the possibility of O today, I think logistically it would have been a nightmare trying to give DP her trigger while we were working!

As I predicted work has kept DP and I so incredibly busy this weekend! I think early to bed is the recipe for us tonight. And unfortunately I mean just for sleeping

Chubear - I'm glad the scan gave you positive results. How did your bloods go today? I'm not sure about everyone, but I do know for us a trigger will be for every iui.

Skizzie - in my work I see slot of people who are pregnant, especially young ones. In fact there are some who seems to just have to look at a member of the opposite sex and they are UTD! I'm sure there's more to it, but that is how it seems. I often get asked if I have children, and I really want the answer to be yes, but at the moment I just say no, not yet. It then really frustrates me some of the responses I get to that. They range from "you'd better hurry, you know kids are best when you are young" to "oh your so lucky". I'm glad that you have found peace with your situation in relation to your cousin. Who knows you could both end up with babies the same age?

Good luck to all for the start of the new week. I hope we have a few more people to poas this week! I can't believe how addictive it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Catemer

are you working weekends as well? i suppose it is good distraction from poas.

hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. I must admit i was kind of stressed last week. I badly want this IUI cycle to work. I lost all the symptoms on day 5 or so and since then I am not feeling anything!! I constantly thought about it and this wait is killing me.

i dont know why i did a POAS today morning with the last Oracle fertility test and the result was as expected BFN. I am 9dpo today and looks like it has not worked this cycle. DH was out playing tennis and i dont know how to tell him that my test was negative. I know he is hoping this cycle would work and i feel that i have let him down once again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been avoiding poas as much as possible the last two cycles cos I didn't want to be disappointed - of course was dissappointed when af showed n instead.
    Good luck with more poas!

My blood test showed no surge so another one tues. dr said if surge then iui will be wed -so close!
    Am excited but trying not to focus on it as I didn't o at all last cycle and may not this time either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubear View Post
    I've been avoiding poas as much as possible the last two cycles cos I didn't want to be disappointed - of course was dissappointed when af showed n instead.
    Good luck with more poas!

My blood test showed no surge so another one tues. dr said if surge then iui will be wed -so close!
    Am excited but trying not to focus on it as I didn't o at all last cycle and may not this time either.
    Chubear think positive. I know it is hard but they say words hold power!!
    Sorry for being so down yesterday people. I have since decided to not to POAS till day 14 which is this Friday... seems so long...

I wanted a pick me up so badly that after reaching office I called up a hairdresser in brisbane city , begged them for a lunchtime appointment paid double for what i would have paid usually at my local hair salon and got a hair cut. well it certainly uplifted my mood.