+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone

Rainbow, i hope the TWW is going ok, gotta keep thinking those positive vibes

Veritas im so happy your had a blast at your engagement party

Welcome Best things and Erinjess

Catemer I really hope you have some luck this cycle, surely with 3 embies something positive has gotta happen.

AFM i just hung up from the lovely Veronica at FF and wel..........BFP omg i cant believe it. My levels are 380 but i dont have a single symptom, I am struggling to believe it because I feel so normal. With all my other bfp's i have had sore (.)(.) or something, this time.....nothing.
    Because of my history I have a 2nd blood test on thursday to confirm my levels are rising then a weekly bt after that, Im on clexane daily and that will continue till at least the 12 week mark!!!!
    Please please please let this one be extra sticky

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default First iudi cycle under way - join us for our tww?

Congrats skizzie!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

skizzie  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Congrats Skizzie!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

skizzie  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Congrats skizzie! I'm doing a huge happy dance for you! :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GDYB03 For This Useful Post:

skizzie  (05-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week

Is anyone doing a natural cycle? Or did you and your fs consider it at all? I've read some stories about people in the same situation as me (same sex couple needing donor, no fertility issues) but they are using drugs anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I am. FS wouldn't have let me do a stim cycle even if I wanted to as I have a high chance of multiples and overstimulation due to high egg reserve!

So I had the ovidrel trigger and progesterone support but no FSH or anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Do you know why they triggered you? I didn't have anything done, just bt's and an ultrasound. I don't at all doubt my fs and choice to let me completely naturally, I was just wondering why some other people had things like a trigger and prog support ect.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Best things- hi
    My DP and I are in the same situation as you, but our FS still has me on hormone boosting injections before O, trigger and progesterone support!
    I wanted to try natural but he said because we have such limited sperm (we pre bought 5 viles each) that he wanted to give each cycle the best chance possible.
    I was on a VERY low dose of gonal-f for 13 days before O (to try give the follicle an extra boost in growth). also, I started to O naturally 1st cycle then this cycle they caught it a day before, but I triggered both times as an extra booster to make sure I really did at the perfect time when the sperm would be put in.
    Then because of my tracking cycle I did, I found out I that I have low progesterone levels so was put on supplements for the TWW (which my FS gives to everyone anyway)... Progesterone can delay AF which gives more time for implantation....

Of course natural is fine if you have no problems, I wanted to try aswell but after hearing that there was a slight increase in chance if I took the meds, I was happy to do that!
    Unfortunately I had a chem pregnancy last cycle but am hopeful for this one! FX

Goodluck to you!!!

Ps, I still follow this thread and skizzie.... Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

skizzie  (08-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    Do you know why they triggered you? I didn't have anything done, just bt's and an ultrasound. I don't at all doubt my fs and choice to let me completely naturally, I was just wondering why some other people had things like a trigger and prog support ect.
    Triggered because it's the best way to time the insemination. We almost missed mine as it was because most of it happened over the weekend, so I was glad I triggered so at least I knew I would ovulate shortly after the insemination.

Progesterone support because it can't hurt and it makes the endometrium nice and cushy for a little embryo! And once I have my BT we will decide whether I need to keep going with it.

I was decidedly NOT allowed to use FSH though, due to my crazy amount of follicles. Obviously if we were doing IVF not IUI it would be different.

But did the trigger because our FS explained with the trigger your chances are slightly higher - especially with a trigger shot as there's always a possibility of your body gearing up to ovulate, and not releasing an egg, which is really a big waste of $1000 worth of sperm!
    Last edited by rainbow road; 06-11-2012 at 12:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the well wishes every one, im still feeling very cautious, given our MC history it is very hard to let my guard down. I am living in the moment though & enjoying the prospect of being a mum......i even pee'd on a stick last night just so i could see the two little lines

Best things - I was with a different FS for my first three iui's, he also preferred all natural cycles. My DH & I dont have any 'issues' we just dont conceive naturally for some reason. You will see in my signature i had bfp's for my first 2 iui's, sadly they ended in mc but still they were all natural, no trigger no prog support. It can be a little more difficult with timing as drugs create a more controlled environment but I am glad we had the chance to do the natural cycles. I guess the only difference is we didnt have the pressure of limited donor sperm.

Hope every one else is going well