+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi skizzie - I agree maybe wait a few more days? Or if you are addicted to poas like we were, maybe hide them so you do your fmu before you can get them, and then only poas every second day? Are you feeling any symptoms yet?
    Maybe make an appointment with your FS for when AF is due and then if AF doesn't show you can always cancel, but at least then if she does show you know you already have the appointment booked?

AFM - I work with a husband and wife team. Well she just had her 3rd baby over the weekend and the hubby phoned me today to thank me for the little booties I knitted for their little one. He then put the baby on the phone! It was so cute. I could hear that little soft baby breathing and I swear 2 little green horns sprouted from my head I was so jealous it wasn't funny and I had no control over it! I am such a bad friend! Oh well, I put it down to the fact that we really really want this? Do any of you guys feel jealous when you see others with a new baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Catemer - booking and cancelling the appointment if BFP was kinda what I was thinking. I dont have any other symptoms, just trying to stay positive although I don't think it has worked . I know absolutly nothing about the IVF process, was looking on the Fertility First website & it looks like I have to call them on day 23-25 of my cycle (approx) for IVF to begin, so we might lose a cycle waiting to start regardles of the appointment with FS. Im now thinking if this cycle bfn, then 1 more IUI for November, if bfn then miss Dec cycle over Xmas, that way I can have a cheeky little wine & cheese with my DH & buddies at new year

As for the Green Eyed Monster rearing it's head - I TOTALLY feel it, but it's funny i don't feel it all the time. If someone is older than me then I'm ok but if they are younger then I freak out. Weird I know. I'm sure your friend will understand & if not i'm sure they will get over it

I will try my best not to POAS tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Skizzie, how did the not poas go?

We went back to Dr Anne and everything is looking good for insemination early next week!

How's everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Catemer, I meant to say good luck for the scan today. Next week will be here before you know it I love Dr Anne she is a legend. Do you have the really early morning scans? I leave home at 5.50am for a 7.15 scan & straight back down to start work before 9.30 and no one at work has a clue that I have been to Sydney & back that morning LOL.

I was very strong this morning, NO poas-ing for me AND I was home alone - DH was away with work. I still have a feeling this cycle didn't work but i'm surrounding myself with positive vibes.

Hope everyone else id travelling along with their sanity well intact

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mellington View Post
    Dancing Queen: Welcome! I'm with QFG southbank, too! I bet we've shared a waiting room without knowing it, haha! Who's your FS?
    How are you coping with the tww? I definitely found it to be the hardest part of the cycle. The needles were nothing compared to the waiting! You're very good for handing over the prego tests to your husband. I've got no self-control!

Catemer: Thanks for being so lovely . You're absolutely right, it's strange the things that you become excited about. I've never been so into my menstrual cycle, if you know what I mean? Haha!

Amabel: Good luck with the next week. Hopefully your next cycle will go a bit more smoothly, whether it be IUI or IVF. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be.

RWS: How many weeks are you now? It's so exciting when your bub starts to look less like a bean and more like a little human on the scans, isn't it? Those cute little limb-buds wobbling around! I hope you're feeling better.

Skizzie: Stay strong! Don't test yet! You've done so well to last this long! Just think, 4 or 5 more days and you will be so much more certain. I know I'm a massive hypocrite, and the worst poas-er EVER, but every cycle I wish that I'd waited rather than torturing myself. I am crossing every digit and limb for your, we need more BFPs!
    Hey Mellington I am with Dr Yazdhani... I bet we have shared the same waiting room!!. how r u with? is this ur first cycle as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey everyone,

I was just wondering what things you all have done to make your IUI successful? I had a day off on the d day and fortunately next two days got holiday coz of weekend.

I didnt do much atall for those 3 days. Does it make a difference to stay home or it is all in my mind?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, can I join please?

We are ttc 1, 12 months naturally no luck. I have a hsg this Friday and then iui next week provided tubes are clear and eggies ready.
    I just finished 5 days of clomid 50ug (got lovely hot flushes, mood swings and headaches), FS hasn't said anything about a trigger shot so don't know if I get one of those. Bt on Sunday, I assume to check when iui would be?
    Also have a clotting disorder so gave been injecting clexane too.
    Am seeing Karen Watson from qfg.
    Hoping my art journey is short and yours is too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Skizze - you sound like us. We left home yesterday at 625am for an 8am appointment! On a normal work day though we start at 0630. But our boss has been really great swapping shifts to ensure that we have those days off work. We both have very full weekends of work so I'm sure Monday will be here soon enough.

Chubear - welcome I remember when we had our hsg scan. My DP also had the dye passed through her tubes - are you having this done too? Our FS recommended waiting til the next cycle after our scan just to make sure all the dye and fluid was out and also said that after having the fluid pumped into the uterus for the scan it can mean that there is less chance of an egg attaching properly. So we waited for the next cycle to come around. It was agony having to wait, but we trusted in our dr. Good luck for the scan.

Dancing Queen - it was the funniest thing. I made DP recline her seat in the car and drive home with her feet up on the dash board! Just incase it all 'fell out'! Our clinic gave us a big list of things not to do (eg no bath or swimming for the first few weeks, no suana's or super hot showers etc). My DP followed them to the letter including the no hot showers thing and she turned the temp of our hot water down to 38degrees and we all had war, showers for the tww! It worked for us in that DP got pregnant, but we lost the baby pretty early on (16dpiudi). We will be doing all the crazy things again this cycle! we end up with a very sticky little jelly bean this time around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks catemer, yep the dye test. I heard that some people fall of straight after the test, almost like it clears the way or something. But then again that's heresay.
    My amh is low enough dr wants to make each cycle count, she seems to think I'll have next to no eggies by end of next year :/
    So on we go, hopefully we will all have good news this month - and a merry Xmas it would be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, happy Friday ,

Amabel- Thank you for asking how I am going. I am coping ok as this is all new to me and the process of remembering appointments, to take injections, vitamin supplements and working full time and the early appointments (my FS has seen me at 5.30am some mornings) helps keep my mind off it. It also helps to be doing something rather than just waiting for nature to decide, my FS is also very good at keeping me in the loop of how things are going for eg- uterus lining looking good, size of follicles is good etc.

I am happy to hear you are feeling a bit better after making a decision, I think that this is the case often, we agonize about making a decision and then when we make it, whatever it is, we feel much better.

Skizzie- no date for ins yet, monitoring over the weekend.

RWS- Very exciting for you to see your baby wiggling. Zofran is a great medication for nausea. One of my friends at work used it through her entire pregnancy otherwise she couldn't get out of bed. Some people are reluctant to take it as unsure on any potential risks for baby but her baby was born this Easter and she is a perfect little girl

Hello Dancing Queen, welcome- How do you find Dr Yazdhani? I saw him last year before my DP had his vasectomy reversal and didnt really warm to him so when we decided to go ahead with treatment we chose Dr De Ambrosis at QFG in the city.

Chubear hello and welcome- I also have a low AMH but have been told by my FS that they really cant tell how long it will take for your ovarian function to decline altogether, what is yours if you don't mind me asking?

Catemer- I completely understand the green eyed monster. 2 girls at work have just had babies, one of them keeps sending me photos to my phone at all hours of the day and night (I got one at midnight), she has also brought the baby in 3 times to visit at work and he is only 9 weeks old. I am very happy for her as she had fertility issues as well (her husband has Klinefelter syndrome and needed to use donor sperm, IUI, and IVF x 3) but she knows I have been TTC all year (doesnt know I am doing IUI) and I cant help but feel like she is rubbing the salt in a little bit. Also, since I have been ttc this year, 3 other girls at work and my DP sister have all gotten pregnant. I completely understand how you are feeling.

Skizzie mentioned her friends helping her keep busy, I was wondering how many others of you have shared with friends and families your journey? We decided not to tell friends and family we were ttc for several reasons, one being we didnt want it to get back to my DP's ex wife unless we were actually having a baby and two, I didnt want people constantly asking about it.

Unfortunately I work in a Day Oncology Unit where I administer chemotherapy so I had to make the people I work with aware of ttc so that they could take over from me post O when I could have potentially been pregnant. We decided not to tell ANYONE about IUI, so it is just DP me and you guys who know about it and I am finding it hard not to talk about it to other people. Just wondering about your experiences?

In relation to how many IUI's should people do, I read that the chance of pregnancy can increase from 15% to 50% with repeated IUI, up to 4 times.

Finally what does AFM mean? I know it is where I am uo to but what does it stand for?

So me atm- Today is D11 of my cycle, started taking puregon inj 50iu Mon D7 after appt with FS where he did TV scan (3 follicles) dly injection until this morning (blood test yesterday) saw FS this morning and had another TV scan, follicles growing well, uterus looking good but not quite there yet, upped puregon to 75iu dly for over the weekend, and for Dly blood tests in case I O on my own in which case he will call me in, have appt with him Mon morning if havent O'd over weekend gave me trigger injection (pregnyl 5000) to take home in case he calls over the weekend and also have sperm pot for DP in case I get called over the weekend. So thats me

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend xo