+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Catemer: So sorry. Nothing can prepare you for losing a baby. At any stage of the pregnancy. You're right though, it's fantastic that your partner can fall pregnant. I really, really hope that the outcome of your next cycle is better.

Skizzie: How long until you can test? You're being so good!

AFM: I started spotting this morning, and it's been gradually increasing throughout the day. So I'm thinking that this cycle might be unsuccessful. I'll see what happens over the next 24hrs, and probably phone my FS tomorrow.
    Once again, thank you all so much for your support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, just wanted to update: I'm out for this cycle. Seeing my FS this morning for a scan, and will hopefully be starting injections again today.
    I hope you're all doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Mellington - so sorry to hear it didn't work out for you this cycleSending much luck and sanity your way for the next one.

Hope everything is ok Amabel, we haven't heard from you in a little while

Hope the sickness has settled down RWS

AFM still haven't poas yet only 7dpiui, i am on the Crinone gel and not sure if it is going to give me a false positive? I'm also having some mild pg symptoms -bloating & soreish (o)(o) not sure if this is from the Crinone as well. I'm going a little today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all! We are back on the wagon!

Our next appointment will be on Wednesday for a scan and bloods at our clinic. Then we will be trying to find O! Hopefully we don't miss it on the home tests like last cycle!

I can't help myself but I am just so excited. Again! we pick some super strong 'icky boy juice' and the result is a super sticky little jelly bean!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Thanks RWS, Amabel, Skizzie, Mellington and Catemer for your welcome

Amabel- sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you this cycle, I hope you are ok, it is very hard having to depend on someone else's monitoring of your cycle to get things all in alignment.

Catemer- Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you and DP last cycle, it is definitely a positive that she can get pregnant (something I have been wondering about myself) for this cycle.

Mellington- Yes this is my 1st time taking Letrozole, D5 of my cycle today, 4th day of taking it, so far had a small amount of nausea one morning (I am taking it at night because it can apparently cause drowsiness) but other than that the only symptom I can really report is being overly emotional, not like me at all but had a major over reaction to something my DP said last night and cried for a few hours. I suppose in the big scheme of things that really isn't so bad.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Mellington, lots of these for you I wish you all the best for next cycle.

Catemer for the disappointments of last cycle, for this cycle. It's happened once already, so I don't doubt it will happen again for you soon. I really admire your attitude, you are staying positive and that is the best way to be.

Hi Skizzie, the crinone won't give you a false positive as it is only progesterone support, so POAS to your hearts content The progesterone/crinone may give you sore boobs and bloating and those sorts of things because it is progesterone that causes those same symptoms in pregnancy, as well as causing all your pre AF symptoms, however, there is nothing to say that what you are feeling isn't an early pregnancy symptom, so stay positive I have everything crossed for you

Prettypetal, how are you? Coping well with the TWW?

Hope you're feeling better RWS.

AFM I spoke to the clinic and they told me there is still a small chance this cycle, but basically admitted that the timing 'may' have been out They aren't bothering with much now, I have one blood test on monday which I think is just a token gesture, and they told me to call on CD1 to start the new cycle. I have spent the last couple of days either avoiding, crying or trying to decide whether or not to do another cycle or go straight to IVF. I don't see any point in doing another cycle on the same protocol, what's the point when the first two have failed. I think that unless they at least up my meds, there isn't much point. So it may be on to IVF. With my age, my fibroids and never having been pregnant before, I don't think there is any time to waste.

I'm really struggling to stay positive at the moment, so my apologies.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Amabel, and for you too.

What clinic are you using? Are you in Sydney? If you are I would recommend Fertility First at Hurstville. They really closely monitor your cycle first with a blood test on CD12-14 to check hormone levels as well as an internal ultrasound at the same time to ensure there is a follie getting ready. Then they give you OPK's to take home and based on your bloods and scan tell you when you should O and get you to start testing the day before your due to O. Then when you O you phone them up (even if a Saturday Sunday or public holiday) and they book you in for your iui/iudi. Even though we weren't as successful as we would have liked this cycle, everyone at our clinic is awesome. From knowing exactly who you are and where you are at when you phone them (I'm sure they justnpull it up on the computer but the fact that all I do is say my name and they know exactly who I am and that DP is getting treatment etc I find really good), to the support they gave when they phoned to tell us the negative preg blood test result. The nurse that phoned was the same one that did the insemination and she sounded genuinely sad for us.

Good luck with your decision though, I'm sure you will make the right choice for you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning everyone,

Catemer and Mellington - Im really excited for you both, jumping straight into the next cycle

I totally agree with Catemer, Fertility First is an awesome clinic, it is 1hr 10min drive away for me but well worth it.

Amabel I'm sorry you were let down by your clinic this cycle, there is so much emotion invested in this process and when something is not right it really hits hard. You mentioned IVF and your age, if you dont mind me asking, what is your age? I too am considering the leap over to IVF if this cycle is not successful, DH is a little hesitant about it though.

Prettypetal, have you been given a date for ins yet?

I'm off to have coffee with some gorgeous friends today, they are trying their best to keep me busy Hope everyone is loving this FABULOUS weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey All!

Cate - sorry to hear about the BFN, but wow, good on you for jumping straight back in!

Mellington - Im sorry

Skizzie - that they are preg symptoms! The sore (.)(.) were certainly my first sign (as much as I ignored it because I thought it was Af )

Amabel - Bugger Can you tell them you want to change protocol?? Out FS let us do things our own way, I think it made a huge difference to the outcome! My clinic monitored me with bloods and scans the whole way through to make sure I didnt O .. I thought I had at one point and called and they brought me in to check via scan, turns out I hadn't but they booked me in 2 days later for the iui and told me to trigger.

AFM - another scan with a very 'baby' looking bub! It was wiggling and everything I cried, naturally! HB was strong, I'm still measuring a day ahead and everything looks great. He gave me Zofran so hopefully it works and I can stop feeling like a zombie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! How's everyone going?

Prettypetal: That's great that the Letrozole isn't giving you too many side effects. When I was taking Clomid, I really struggled with mood swings
    My poor husband!

Amabel: I'm so sorry! How many dpo are you now? When will you be testing?
    Also, have you spoken to your FS about considering changing to IVF? It's so hard to know if you're doing the right thing. That's something that I'm also struggling with at the moment. Of course I want this process to be as natural as it can be, but at the same time, I don't want to waste time and money on treatments that aren't working. << Lots of these.

Skizzie: Oh I hope they're prego symptoms! Why oh why do our bodies have premenstrual symptoms that are so similar to early preg symptoms? It's cruel! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

RWS: Hooray for a good nuchal scan! Very exciting. Also, in my experience, Zofran = 100x better than maxalon. I hope it does the trick for you!

AFM: I saw my FS on Saturday (Day 2) for a quick scan and to collect my FSH. I still had a residual follicle left over from my previous cycle, so he asked me to wait until today before I started injecting to give it a chance to shrink back down a little bit.
    I'm feeling all sorts of confused about my treatments at the moment. My husband and I have decided that if this cycle is unsuccessful, then we will take a break for a month or two before trying again. Also, we're not sure how many chances we want to give IUI. I haven't actually discussed that at all with my FS (because I'd hoped that it would just work the first time!).
    Have any of you been given an idea of how long most people do IUI before changing to IVF?
    Oh well, I'm just glad to have started a new cycle. I said to my husband this morning, "Is it weird that I'm excited to start injecting again today?". Haha!

All the best!