+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have my fingers crossed for you cabbage patch. Sounds very positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best cabbage patch fingers crossed for u.

Hello everyone I am enjoying this 1 months break. Not thinking about pregnancy at all. I will be MIA for some time as have nothing to report.

Enjoying watching revenge online and all the other shows I have missed. Good bless catchup tv

I get all the emails in my inbox so as soon as someone gets Bfp I will be back to wish u guys. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today started with a BFN ;( enough said....

Thanks
    Reviews
    BIG hugs cabbage................BIG BIG hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    to you Cabbage.
    That sucks. Maybe it's time for a nice girls night out and a few wines.
    I am so sorry for how you must be feeling right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your support everyone, i am sure it has made this whole process much easier. I don't feel as if I am the only person in the world going through this
    AF arrived for me today. To be honest I feel bitter sweet about it. Yesterday my sister called to tell me my 6 month old nephew has been diagnosed with severe haemophilia a. He has just had his 1st of what will be many bleeds. He is having a port put into his chest and she will be taught to access it and give him his medication when he bleeds. He will need to wear a helmet when playing and will not be able to participate in any physical sports ;( I know its manageable and there are worse illnesses out there but this is a bit of a shock to us all. Being a haematology / oncology nurse i often treat people with this condition and the unfortunate thing is I only see them when they are at their worst ;(
    Anyway the haemophilia gene is usually carried in females and presents in males. My sister is probably a carrier of the gene. Meaning there is a 50% chance I am too. I have made an apmt with my gp on wed and I am going to ask about getting genetic testing done.
    If I'd have gotten my bfp before now I'd of course have been over the moon but i know i would be full of worry for the childs possible genetic disorder. I've never thought about any of this before.
    Now one step at a time... Work out what we're dealing with first.... but DP said to me that if I am a carrier she doesn't want to use my egg, she wants me to carry hers. I had a bit of a melt down, I don't know how this was supoosed to make me feel... It's all happened so quickly...
    Anyway i know this thread is about the 2ww but I wanted to let you all know about my last 24 hrs which may result in a reassessment of our treatment plan... Thanks so much again for the support i get from this wonderful group!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All.

Firstly, Cabbage I'm so sorry to hear that news and you DP's response. I know with 2 uteruses in the equation things aren't always as straight forward as they may seem. Maybe once you get the results you need to sit down and have a chat with the fertility centre's counsellor to talk through any issues etc. Sone if those counsellors are also genetic counsellors so may be able to help.

To everyone else, whether lurking in the corner, taking a break, or right in the thick of a TWW, hello! How's it doing? Thank you to everyone for all the support you gave us over the last cycle. I know I wasn't active in here, but getting the daily emails of people sending hugs and thoughts was nice to see people cared.

We now need some advice.

After our bit of a break DP couldn't wait to get back on to the next cycle, which is an EPU cycle for us.
    So finally we started injecting on Thursday night and we were both really excited to be back on the path IYKWIM.
    However, yesterday we found out that my MIL has breast cancer. It's still only early days re diagnosis treatment etc and MIL sees a surgeon on Friday, which is meant to be when DP has her next scan and bloods to check on eggs. But if MIL Has her surgery and treatment start soon after then we will be out of town and won't be here for EPu or anything.

So our options as I see it are
    1. Pull the pin on this cycle completely and start again once we know more about MIL
    2. Continue on with EPU but get all embies frozen
    3. Continue on like nothing is going on and hope for the best.

What would you do?
    How does stress impact on a cycle?
    Any other advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about both lots of bad news cabbage patch. Do you know how long it will take to get results back from haemophilia screen?

Hard to say what l'd do catemer - treatment has the potential to go on for a long time. I'm guessing you'll know more after you MIL sees the surgeon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catemer I say either option 2 or 3. Depending on the stage and aggressiveness of your MIL's breast cancer depends on how quickly she will commence any treatment. I don't think she would want you to put your life on hold for it and it may not prove to be worth while. If you cancelled this cycle and her treatment and investigations didn't start for another month or two you might regret it? I hope it all works out for the best for you and your DP as well as for your MIL.
    Katesjoy I am not sure how long it takes for the results to come through but I am going to my GP Wed so I hope to have some more answers then. I would like to have some answers before my appointment with our FS on the 12th June.
    I think I would benefit from some counselling if my results come back +ve. We will cross that bridge when we come to it.
    Has anyone or does anyone know anyone who has been in a same sex relationship and has conceived using their partners egg?
    Once again thanks for your support and I hope everyone's journey is going ok. xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Cabbage,
    I have a friend at work who has done just that. She had jo viable eggs so used the eggs of her DP and they now have 2 beautiful children from 2 separate pregnancies. Both are her DP's eggs.