+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone, I hope you have a great easter!
    Munchkin I think not worrying about AF and enjoying easter is a great idea! Maybe some easter eggs will make her want to visit?! When I started tracking my cycles prior to starting IUI my longest was 47 days... I don't have any idea what went on then as I wasn't having scans or anything but I think the more I worried the longer AF stayed away... Good luck!
    Dancing Queen I hope you have lots of nice eggs to harvest I don't know much about IVF but I'm hoping for a good result Make stabbing yourself worth it
    AFM I am working all Easter, I am a nurse. My 2WW is much more relaxing than last time. I am trying to stay stress free and get as much rest as I can... Let my insides do there thing. DP and I have been giving the 'Zygote' lots of encouragement to grow and implant LOL... We even planted a tree for it! OMG I think we are going crazy! I did tell her we could have 20 trees by the time our dream comes true... But we have just built a new house on 14 acres so there's plenty of room for zygote trees hahaha! Right now you all know I am nuts I best head off to work.
    I hope you all have a nice Easter and hopefully have some time off!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin2 View Post
    Hi ladies,

Cabbage how are you going in you TWW?
    Dancing Queen how's the jabbing going? Do u feel like a pin cushion lol
    Catemer where r u and DP up to?
    Flynnsmumma hope u r well do u have some time off over Easter?

Afm still waiting on AF and it doesn't feel like it's going to come anydays soon but not worrying about it just going to enjoy a cycle free Easter break and eat lots of chocolate and enjoy some nice wines
    Hi Munchkin, yep we're doing good. Some exciting news today but I'll tell more in that in a sec. Good you know what's going in re your cyst. Enjoy those wines and chocolates!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post

About me- I am just on 125IU of Gonal F and find this very less compared to other ladies who are doing IVF I am worried about so many things . it doesnt help that it is my first cycle and i dont know how i will react and what happens during Egg pick up and transfer. I am going for a scan tomorrow (thank god my doc agreed to come in for my scan. I am just praying i get good number of eggs . It's my secound scan tomorrow. do you think I will be able to know how many eggs would be ready for pick up next week?
    How did your scan go? Did Dr tell you eggs? When we went for the scan before EPU dr could see some eggs there getting ready, but when actually found EPU she found more than what showed on the scan. So I guess they can give you an estimate, but they won't actually know til they are doing it.

And we were on 125 if gonal for EPU and got I think 15 eggs, 10 of which were mature enough to ICSI, of those 8 fertilised fully. We had 2 transferred and 6 frozen. Of those 6 last cycle we had 2 transfer but had to thaw 3 to get them as one didn't survive the thaw. So I think you should be fine on the 125. If your worried maybe ask for a blood test to check your levels?
    As for EPU, they knock you out and insert a tube into the vagina, through the cervix and along to get to the ovary. They then pierce each little follicle they find and suck out the egg from within. This is usually times to be just when the egg would have been almost ready to release. And they do this on both sides.

As for transfer, it is very much like IUI. They use a thin catheter and insert through cervix and gently place the little embie against the lining in the uterus.

I know the EPU sounds scary, but DP said afterwards she was more in discomfort than pain and that it felt like someone had poked her in the tummy a lot!
    Last edited by catemer; 07-04-2012 at 19:07.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

Dancing Queen  (08-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbage patch View Post
    Hi Everyone, I hope you have a great easter!
    Munchkin I think not worrying about AF and enjoying easter is a great idea! Maybe some easter eggs will make her want to visit?! When I started tracking my cycles prior to starting IUI my longest was 47 days... I don't have any idea what went on then as I wasn't having scans or anything but I think the more I worried the longer AF stayed away... Good luck!
    Dancing Queen I hope you have lots of nice eggs to harvest I don't know much about IVF but I'm hoping for a good result Make stabbing yourself worth it
    AFM I am working all Easter, I am a nurse. My 2WW is much more relaxing than last time. I am trying to stay stress free and get as much rest as I can... Let my insides do there thing. DP and I have been giving the 'Zygote' lots of encouragement to grow and implant LOL... We even planted a tree for it! OMG I think we are going crazy! I did tell her we could have 20 trees by the time our dream comes true... But we have just built a new house on 14 acres so there's plenty of room for zygote trees hahaha! Right now you all know I am nuts I best head off to work.
    I hope you all have a nice Easter and hopefully have some time off!?
    LOL! I love it! Zygote trees! Hopefully the only reason you'll be planting more is that you are trying for siblings!

Congrats on figuring out how not to stress about the TWW! Work is indeed a good way to stop the constant thinking about it. I hope your patients give you chocolate for Easter or at least are kind to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the bazillion posts tonight but I'm in my phone and couldn't think of an easier way to not forget anyone!

So we went in for a scan today and bloods. DP's biggest folkie was 17mm and her lining 16.3mm! Wowzers! That's the thickest lining of all the cycles we've done so far. I've put it down to the pin juice as DP has upped her dose to 500ml a day.

Anyway they phoned the results through and said as soon as we get off the phone, trigger! Transfer will be on Wednesday, which is also DP's birthday. Hopefully it's the best birthday present ever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cabbage glad TWW is not so hard this time. Hope all the good vibes works and you get a sticky one

Catemer thanks for replying to my post. My scan showed I have only 8 follis . My FS was happy about it and thinks i did well but i wanted more. I will go for one last scan before egg pick up on Tuesday and then pick up would be on Thursday. I hope some more follies would pop up by then.

about me I have started taking antagonist injections since friday. This one really hurts and the whole area is sore and red after the injection. All i know id it is stopping my body from ovulating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Cabbage sending plenty of sticky vibes ur way!! And love ur tree planting idea

Dancing Queen 8 is a good number!! And u never know how many they will find during epu

Catemer it sounds like everything is lining up perfectly for u and dp this cycle I will have everything crossed for u

Afm I've been enjoying my chocolate eggs and wine. I'm not sure what's going on with AF as I have had really dark brown distcharge for 3 days now :/

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile a little thankyou xx

im sorry to crash, but i feel bad for having stalked this thread for a few months now without actually being involved.

i really want to say THANKYOU to you all for being so open and sharing your experiences (the real ones) of this process. (i see a few of the original people on this thread are now leaving so i wanted to get in a thankyou now before i never get the chance.)
    My partner and i are in the 'cooling off period' of the iudi process and have had our own milestones so far (chosing a donor, blood tests come back tip top healthy etc) but your stories, updates and experiences have been so invaluable! following your stories, has prepared me for what we will face when we start our 1st iudi cylce in august!
    listening to your stories has made me smile, cry and give me hope.
    i thankyou all again and am so grateful for this website and for all you lovely people.
    much love and baby dust to you all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA, I have been keeping an eye on you lovely ladies but not posting Sorry for no personals today, I'm on my I-pad & so I can't scroll back

Welcome to our newbies , I'm sure you will find lots of support and love here xx

To my regular buddies, I hope you are well and not going too nuts lol

AFM I have been RELAXING like never before, I feel like a kid running around doing all the naughty things......the things I was refraining from because next month I 'might' be pregnant like colouring my hair - I haven't really coloured my hair for 2 years in case I couldn't do my regrowth because of the so called risk of colours to the baby. I brought a brand new car - I hadn't done that either because I wasn't sure if I should get a family car or a sports car. I have been having a few wines- still in moderation because I'm not a massive drinker,but still, having a wine coz I felt like it, not because of what time of the cycle it was.
    DH & I have our appointment with the fertility counsellor this Friday & AF is due around the end of the week too so I guess DH & I will have a little more clarity by the weekend.

I will log on later in the week & do some personals, but I am thinking of you all xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

Just a quick update today. I am in office and cannot do personals. Hope everyone is doing well.

I am booked for my Egg Pick up tomorrow. Bit of mixed feeling as i dont know what to expect. I hope they will be able to retrive all eggs on time.

does anyone know if you can ovulate early on ovidral? i took it last night at 7 pm and am scheduled for pick up tomorrow at 8 am. I know thinking too negative but is it possible by ANY CHANCE that i could ovulate earlier than 36 hours?