+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies just a quick update since i am logging on my phone. I just got my AF :-) i am so happy.... Finally i am on my way to meet FS and hope can start the cycle asap without taking the pills. Hope everyone is doing fine and have a great weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catemer, how are you and DP? I hope you guys are going ok.

Dancing Queen, that is great news! With this cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need help

Sorry about its all about me post today. I need ypur advice desperatly. It seems my lining is not being shed completely as it is still 9 mm on day 1. Alsi i felt today that doctor wanted me to wait till next cycle because of easter break. His logic is there will be very few ppl around during easter break and if i have OHS he wont know till after easter that i am over stimulating.I have already been waiting since jan to have this ivf cycle and think it will be better for me as i will get 4 days off work because of easter! So i went against his advice and told him i want ivf NOW. Am i really doing a mistake by going through ivf during easter ?Also what should i do to make my lining shed naturally ?Please please please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

Dancing Queen I think you will be fine going thru IVF over Easter plus please correct me if I'm wrong ladies but if u do over stim 1 they can cancel ur cycle and 2 OHSS only becomes an issue after EPU so Easter would be over by the time it come to EPU for u I think also they can't pick it I had 8 egg on my first stim cycle and ended up with OHSS and in hospital and my FS said it shouldn't have happened and he did nothing about it I took myself to hospital at 3 am and they admitted me straight away so the long and the short of it is if you want to run with this cycle go for it!!

Afm I'm calendar day 39 still no AF and the FS office forgot to post out my blood request forms so I now have to wait til Monday after work to get BT done so won't get results til Tuesday afternoon grrrr but I'm going to run with I'm pregnant as I'm NEVER late

Hope your all well

5. The Following User Says Thank You to munchkin2 For This Useful Post:

Dancing Queen  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin2 View Post
    Hi ladies

Dancing Queen I think you will be fine going thru IVF over Easter plus please correct me if I'm wrong ladies but if u do over stim 1 they can cancel ur cycle and 2 OHSS only becomes an issue after EPU so Easter would be over by the time it come to EPU for u I think also they can't pick it I had 8 egg on my first stim cycle and ended up with OHSS and in hospital and my FS said it shouldn't have happened and he did nothing about it I took myself to hospital at 3 am and they admitted me straight away so the long and the short of it is if you want to run with this cycle go for it!!

Afm I'm calendar day 39 still no AF and the FS office forgot to post out my blood request forms so I now have to wait til Monday after work to get BT done so won't get results til Tuesday afternoon grrrr but I'm going to run with I'm pregnant as I'm NEVER late

Hope your all well
    Thanks munchkin for replying. I went to my accupunturist last night and she told me the same thing. However she did her magic with needles and AF is heavier than yesterday which i want, because FS will not start IVF if lining is still thick on monday.

Wow day 39 and still no period that sounds promising :-) did you POAS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dancing Queen I'm glad AF showed up on her own accord. I hope this is the last one for another year or so I would definately try easter or no easter! Conceived at easter born at Christmas
    Munchkin 2 Fingers crossed for you I hope you are pregnant Fingers crossed!
    I went for a scan yesterday (CD 8) and my follicle was 11mm. I haven't been doing this for long so you guys might have more of an idea about this but I wonder if it means I am in for a long cycle? It seems very small. I am having another scan Mon to check the progress.
    I have been on clomid days 2-6 and last cycle it worked really well. I had 2 follicles and one measured 17mm on my first scan. When I had my scan yesterday my FS asked if I had actually taken the clomid this cycle...
    Does this all sound promising to you guys? I am worried they will cancel this cycle but I haven't had much experience so I'm probably just being negative! Would love to hear your thoughts... Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flynnsmumma, we are doing well... But more about us down the bottom... How are you going?

DQ I would definitely cycle over Easter. We are! If OHSS does happen, then more often than not you end up either catching it early enough to deal with on your own, or going to Hospital. Check with your FS if you do need to go to hospital, which s/he would prefer you go to. I know our FS has copies of her protocol at the public hospital nearest her office, so if anything goes wrong, even not IVF related, we are best to go to that hospital as the maternity/gynae ward has all the do's and don'ts to ensure that the cycle is not compromised. Having said that if there was a car accident or something life threatening we would just go to our local hospital as the FS preferred one is about and hour and a half or more away depending on traffic!

Munchkin... Hi and welcome (sorry I have been a bit self involved the last few times on BH so haven't welcomed you yet.... Sorry, or if I have I'm having a mind blank so welcome again!). CD39.... I sure do hope this is a BFP for you. If you just can't wait any longer you could always go down to a gp and get them to do a preg test on you? They will usually do a urine test on the spot and if that is pos send a blood away. Or... The addictive POAS?

Cabbage - one thing I have learnt on this journey is just because you got result A when you did the exact same thing last time, doesn't mean you will always get result A this time. The human body is such a unique dynamic thing that there are so many variables we can't control. We went on Friday for our first blood and scan of the cycle. It was CD 8 and like you DP has only very small follies... But more on that in a sec. Oh and if I missed welcoming your to our group... Welcome! I hope you get your BFP very quickly.

AFM - we seem to have bounced back a bit from our bfn last week. The chat with the FS over the phone on Thursday has really helped a lot. In a nut shell we are doing everything medically possible at the moment anyway. I asked about acupuncture, I asked about Colorado protocol, I asked about doing the hula - no just kidding but I felt like I was asking about anything and everything! Putting DP on additional drugs is not a good idea due to existing medical history and one thing I didn't know about Colorado is that after just a couple of fails they stop using your own eggs and use donated eggs from a 21yr old! In our FS opinion it is not a good idea for us.
    DP had her scan and bloods on Friday. Scan showed small follies at this stage. But that's ok as it was only day 8 and we are doing a frozen this cycle, so our follies this time don't really matter much except for timing I guess! DP has another blood scheduled for Wednesday with a follow up scan on Easter Saturday. At this stage it looks like FET will be early in the week after Easter... Who knows could even be on the wednesday - DP's birthday!
    Last edited by catemer; 31-03-2012 at 19:10.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

Dancing Queen  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Catemer... It's hard not to compare being our 1st two cycles but I'm trying not to over analyse... Wouldn't it be the best birthday present ever for your DP (and you) If this cycle resulted in a BFP! It's my DP's birthday on the 27th April and I'd love to be able to give her a +ve test for her birthday.... Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catemer I am glad you guys have started planning ahead. It helps a lot when you are feeling blue. If my AF is doing what it's suppose to do, we will be cycle buddies!! If everything goes well on Monday, I will have Egg Pickup on wednesday after easter :-)

Skizzy how are you doing? Hope you and DP have loads of fun. Enjoy all the chocolates this easter :-) I cant :-(

flynnmumma- how are you doing? what is the next plan of action for you ?

Cabbage CD8 -11 mm looks good. I read somewhere that they grow by 2mm each day approx. As catemer says every cycle is different and it also depends on the dose of FSH you are taking. (not sure if you are taking FSH or just clomid)

Munchkin did you get to know yet? for you.

About me... well I am finding accupunture and yoga very relaxing. I have also downloaded Jen Blooms IVF support meditation sessions from her website. I am suppose to start listening to it on day 1 of my stims. (hopefully that will be tomorrow) I also got myself Pom juice (thanks Catemer). At this stage I am just doing everything and anything for this cycle to work.

I am lil bit scared of OHS at this stage after my last appointment with FS. I will surely ask him about the hospital just in case tomorrow.
    Last edited by Dancing Queen; 01-04-2012 at 17:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Dancing queen I hope ur scan goes well for u tomorrow fingers r crossed!!!

Catemer glad u and DP are feeling better after last weeks bad news and getting ready to cycle again

Cabbage you only need one eggie so stay positive

AFM calendar day 40 still no AF will hopefully get BT tomorrow I'm so nervous I keep poking my BB to see if they r sore lol sometimes they r and other times not :/ I guess what ever is ment to be will be

Hope everyone is well xx