+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Apparently metformin has some lovely side effects including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches,. So far I've only had the nausea.
    Full dose today, a little more seedy feeling but if this will get me a bubby I can deal with it. Was so tired after work got kfc but cant finish my burger! Will have to wait a few hours for nausea to subside so I can eat it -yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chubear, I have been on metformin for years for impaired glucose tolerance and insulin resistance. Apparently it's kinda like pre-diabetes but by intervening and taking the metformin now I can avoid diabetes all together.

I remember when I first started it have me an upset tummy, not so much nausea but the other end.

Are you on the xr tablets or just standard and what dose?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely Ladies

I hope you are all well

I have had a huge few weeks, good news first......I have an appointment on the 2nd Feb to get started on IVF. Which i'm really excited about but much more relaxed than I have ever been before. This is mainly due to the fact that DH & I have had a really really really long talk about our baby making journey and have decided that if nothing is growing in my belly by July we are going to stop our fertility treatment. I am fine with this decision, we have been ttc for 6 years and it certainly takes it's toll, especially falling & losing the little bean so many times. My life has pretty much been on hold this whole time, living fnt to fnt & dealing with the losses. We are going to have a talk to a fertility counsellor to make sure we truly are ok with our decision & to find some coping strategies - as I am sure there will be plenty of emotions if that is our outcome. In the mean time we are focued on giving the baby making our full attention and maximum effort

I just hit the send button on my Uni assignment, summer session is officially over....... back to it again early march

Sorry for no personals, I hope everyone else is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Skizzie, I am glad you feel good about your decision. You have been on a long road of pain/hope/excitement etc, so I truely hope that you have a BFP before July

Catemer, how is your cycle going? Is your DP holding up ok?

Chubear, I have started my next round of injections - on Thursday, so we may be within a few days of each other this time. Keep us in the loop!

For everyone else, I hope you are all well, and that your journey is one that you are coping with.

We are all at different stages and treatments this time round - would love to still hear from everyone to see how things are going.

Take care everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is well.
    Skizzie-hopefully it won't come to that but I'm glad you're at peace with your decision.
    Flynnsmama-I am on clomid again, but now with metformin, cycle day 3 and I expect our next iui to be in around 11 days time. Which is ........what 8th feb?something like that. When will yours be?

Anyone else having their next procedure?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hello to everyone. Sorry I was not around lately as we decided to have a break from all the fertility treatments and just chill.

Chubear - Are you feeling better now on metformin? they say it works better with Clomid.

Catemer all the best for your first IVF cycle :-) I may have to go down that path soon. (more on that later)

Skizzie I truly wish a sticky bean for you before July My doc says IVF has better success rate than IUI. All the best

flynnsmumma hope AF has not showed up and spotting is good news (implantation bleeding)

About me. This break from all the drugs i have been on, was such a relief that I was dreading going back to my FS. Finally he increased my dose to aim for 2 follies but on day 12 i only had 1 folli of 18mm.

Finally had IUI last friday. This one was diffirent. I had spotting directly after the procedure and continued for about 2 hours after that.My FS is not much concerned about it .

This is my third IUI and I was told I should move on to IVF after 4th attempt. FS was telling us how IVF has better success rate and all. I dont know how I will be able to do IVF as I work full time. I may also have to do laproscopy before IVF which is another scary procedure.

This fertility journey is getting harder every month!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dancing Queen, here's hoping that this one sticks.
    It would be wonderful if it does and you don't have the worry about working through ivf. Chin up, and be strong - you are in our thoughts.

Chubear, I have been on injections now since last thursday - Australia day, so I am on cycle day 9. So I think we are about a week apart this time. My cycle is a bit random at the moment.

I hope everyone else is going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fx DQ here's hoping you get a sticky!

Yeah Flynnsmama I think we're a little apart this time.

Afm:I get some side effects from the metformin but that is subsiding and I've lost about a kilo already which is great. Bt start sat so I reckon our iui is gonna be 8 th or so.

I'm really hoping this works for us!
    I also heard about 4shots at iui then move on to ivf. We have done two, so if the next two don't work we may also move on to ivf.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ps good luck on the 2nd feb Skizzie!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.

I just had my first IUI yesterday. Now I'm in the dreaded TWW. 13 sleeps until we know what's happened!!

I ovulated on 2.5mg of Femera and 1000mg of Metformin and I ovulated on CD14 for the first time ever (Have PCOS so unmedicated cycles are very long, something 60-70 days for me).

When I ovulated yesterday my E2 was 1000 which the nurse said was good. Also my DH's sperm sample was 'excellent', 16 million I think. I was scared IUI was going to hurt, but it was fine. We had a wonderful nurse doing it, who offered for DH to squirt in the sample but he declined! She was wonderful and had us laughing the whole time.

Anyone else ovulated recently or due to ovulate in the next few days to help me get through this TWW?