+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the post flyns mumma it's our first iui so I am hoping we r as lucky as u were! I only produced one follicle but that is what my Fs wanted. I was just annoyed as it didn't make me ovulate any earlier than normal which meant our timing of abstinence may not have been long enough.

Can I get everyone's opinion on something?

So as u know we did our first IUI today and then my DH brother and his wife came over to tell us that they are 10wks pregnant with their first baby. They knew that we had the IUI today and didnt seem to think that today of all days was the wrong time to tell us. Ps we didn't even know they were trying so they prob got pregnant first go and have no idea what we r going through.
    Last edited by nattie84; 15-01-2012 at 15:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    maybe it was a little insensitive but in all honestly, unless you get a bfp in a couple weeks, no time will be a good time. at least right now you know you are in with a shot this month. Better than them telling you the day AF arrives. and maybe if they are 10 wks, they will be telling everyone else in 2 weeks or so, which would be bad timing i'd think ( its always hard for me around two weeks post IUI cos i feel like its failed).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flynnsmumma - he said he would only do one try at iui because we are using donor sperm and as we live in a remote area it's hard for the clinic to source it. Does this sound reasonable to everyone else? We don't really want to change clinics as Melbourne is the closest and 1.5hrs drive each way but would still be keen to know what others think. (our clinic also seems quite expensive)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our clinic charges $2582 for diui - out of pocket cost is $2,073.20, this includes blood tests, scans, sperm and iui....meds are additional. How does this compare to others?

Taa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm usually just a forum stalker/reader, but looking to see what others might think. I'm 15 dpiui with a bfn, and so far no af.

For context I ovulated with a trigger shot, and on my scan right after the iui you could see the follicle just starting to break up, so launch was successful.

When I previously triggered (cancelled cycle, too many follies) af arrived 10 days later, so technically I'm about 5 days late assuming my response will be similar to last time. I also had some serious cramping going on for an hour or so evening of 7 dpiui.

Drs instructions are to call clinic with bfp to organise scan/bt to make sure looks ok, or to restart gonal-f if af shows up.

Does anyone else think there's still a possibility I'm preg? I'm going to try & hold out on hpt until weekend assuming still no af, but would it be worth a call to the clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry wyg I have no idea. I'd ask for a bt to be sure.

Afm: today dr confirmed I will be taking metformin along with clomid and clexane. Am excited -hopefully this will do the trick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry for the silence over the last few weeks. A lot of things happening in our world!

But the most important one first- we have started our first round of ICSI. DP is having Lucrin injections, we are booked in on Friday next week for 'down regulation' and looking good for collection around the 13th of feb.

To top it off DP has had to go back to wagga as her mum had a fall which has put MIL in hospital, so do went down to visit/ look after FIL. looks like MIL we be on the rehab ward til mid feb as the fall injured her hip and knee (soft tissue only but throw her MS into the mix and it makes it worse than for the average person). DP left on Tuesday, but had to start the injections on Tuesday night (originally not meant to start til tonight, but bloods showed needed earlier!) luckily DP had taken Meds with her. But it meant she had to figure out how to stab herself!

Sure enough she has figured it out and now wants to show me tonight how good she is at doing it herself! She should be home in about an hour and I am sitting here like an anxious child! I can't wait to see her, I have missed her so much!

Anyway that's it from us I think. Sorry for no personals, I hope everyone is going well in their cycles. and to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by angel382 View Post
    Our clinic charges $2582 for diui - out of pocket cost is $2,073.20, this includes blood tests, scans, sperm and iui....meds are additional. How does this compare to others?

Taa
    Hi angel, we paid $2630 each round of IUDI. Of that $980 was for imported American sperm. We got back about $500 from Medicare, so yeah our out of pocket was about $2100. Like you this included all bloods, scans support along the way etc, however the only additional drugs we had to pay for were the clexane injections and the aspirin. DP also takes pregnancy vitamins and vitamin d as recommended by our dr, and this we also pay for additionally.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    good news catemer! for us i started metformin last night. has some nausea but not convinced its from that.
    Af due tues/wed and ir feel like she coming so i don't think this natural cycle worked. So onto next iui early feb.
    We finally got our medicare rebate for decembers iui - we were only 125$ out of pocket! am stoked!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it supposed to make you feel nauseous?

We may still be cycle buddies again - unless both of our natural cycles worked!!!
    I have still been having a tiny bit of spotting on and off now for nearly a week, and AF isn't due til mon/tues. But the thing is, I feel like she is about to come at any moment, every day for the last week.

and to everyone this cycle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubear View Post
    good news catemer! for us i started metformin last night. has some nausea but not convinced its from that.
    Af due tues/wed and ir feel like she coming so i don't think this natural cycle worked. So onto next iui early feb.
    We finally got our medicare rebate for decembers iui - we were only 125$ out of pocket! am stoked!