+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Happy Monday! How is everyone?

Thanks for the info RWS, that is also what I understood, but different staff at my clinic give conflicting info...

Good luck Mellington and I hope your TWW flies by.

I should find out today when insem is... this wait is almost as bad as the other! I had my ultrasound this morning and I have a 17mm follicle, so it should probably be wednesday.

Does anyone have any trouble with Puregon injections? I suddenly seem to be bruising? I don't like needles as it is and I'm scared I'm going to chicken out. I think my lover is going to have to do the trigger...

Hope you're all having a good day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amabel, the Puregon injections were like that for me too! I had no problems for the first week of injections, then suddenly started bruising. I really do think that sometimes it's just bad luck. But I did find it helpful to pay close attention to the angle that I was holding the needle when I inserted it, and I also tried to remember to apply good, firm pressure for a minute or so afterwards.

I was so, so anxious about the trigger shot. Because I'd heard a lot of people say that it's quite painful. But honestly, it was nothing! I didn't even feel it! The only difference I noticed was that it was slightly harder to insert & inject. But not at all painful for me.

Good luck Amabel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Everyone!

Catemer - Your DP sounds like me! I was searching and analyzing from day 1! To be honest..I thought all my symptoms were pointing to AF! Cramps, moody, feeling hungry and feeling sleepy. I was so convinced it was coming that I'd just about talked my self into the next cycle!
    Looking back.. my most telling symptom was a runny nose. It was there a week! Googling that symptom (after the BFP of course!) its quite common as your immunity lowers to allow implantation and so your body doesn't 'attack' the embryo.

Hi mellington! The TWW is the biggest drag! Even when you try to occupy yourself, it stsill plays over and over.. I spent most of my TWW googling exactly what happens from the time (literally by hour!!!) the sperm meets the egg and then imagining it happening in my body Sending to you!

Amabel - Yeah Ive heard it can be anywhere from 2-5 days too..depends who you ask or what you read
    I hope your insem is Wed! It would suck to wait longer... mine was 2 days after I measured at 16mm
    I had no trouble at all with puregon, I did have a few bruises though.. I tried to make them into a smiley face across my belly (cute pic for bub if it worked!) but only a few would bruise up so my plan failed I found it bruised more if I went in on an angle rather that dead straight.
    I made DH do my Pregnyl.. mainly because I wanted him to stick me with *something* to make me pregnant It was fine going in but it stung for about 10 minutes afterwards!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

This is my 1st post ever , i always find inspiration from the threads but this one is so close to home that I feel like I want 'in' so apologies in advance if i don't get the lingo down pat.

I am on day 2 of Puregon injections for IUI number 5. First 3 IUI's were natural cycles but the last one and this one are SIUI. Scan on Friday & ins around this time next week

Good luck and sticky vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Morning Ladies

RWS you crack me up! Made my day with the smiley face bruises and DH sticking you with something! I really needed it after thinking about the dreaded trigger shot all day!

Thanks for the advice mellington and RWS, it seems to have worked. I think the angle makes a huge difference.

Skizzie, I felt the same way when i saw this thread, I wanted in too!! I've been hanging around for ages, not posting. I still haven't worked out how to put the icons in, but I'm not all that worried about it either...

No news yet on when the insem is. I had to have another blood test this morning, I definitely feel like a pin cushion now! I'm still thinking it will happen tomorrow.

Funny thing is, this cycle is the first time in the last 16 cycles that I actually feel like this is all real, that it actually will happen!

Clinic just called, trigger asap, insem to be advised...

Must go stab myself...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Runningwithscissors: I have been doing the exact same thing! (Following the journey of my possible embryo. Hahaha!)

How did you go Amabel? I hope it wasn't too painful for you!
    And to answer your question about how long between last ejac. and insemination, my clinic suggests no more than 1 week, but no less than 3 days. But as others have said, it seems to vary a lot. Does your clinic give you sperm analysis at the time of insem? I guess if your partner's numbers are good, you don't need to stress too much.

Welcome Skizzie! Good luck for your scan on Friday!

Also, I wanted to share a funny story from my IUI on the weekend:
    I was a little anxious, because it was my first time, and to make matters worse it was being performed by a Dr that I'd never met before. The speculum went in, there was a little bit of fiddling around down there, then the Dr paused and lifted his head up to look at me and said:
    "I'm so sorry, but I just HAVE to stop and tell you that you have the most PERFECT cervix for inseminating!"
    Haha!

I have to say, it's those sort of moments that make this whole process bearable. When you can step back and laugh at the situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies

How is everyone going?

Mellington, I can't believe the doctor said that to you! A bit of flattery is always good for the soul!

Thanks for asking Mellington, the trigger wasn't so painful just traumatic. My problem isn't so much with the pain of the injection, more the needle I think I am psychologically incapable of giving myself injections without trauma. As embarrassing as it is, I kept tearing up most of the arvo and needed an hour or so nap to recover!

My lover promised that he will ask them to teach him how, so that if there is a next time (hopefully not!) then he can do the injections.

DP had a SA done last week, all he was told was that his sample was "certainly suitable" He also had one done earlier this year and our FS called DP a 'stud' cause his sperm is so good, apparently I am the one with the problems...

So I spoke to the clinic yesterday afternoon and insem is on Thursday morning. Which is after I ovulate? I thought that they would normally do it between trigger and ovulation?

I'm trying really hard not to get too excited or get my hopes up - while still remaining positive (i love these little guys! they are just so appropriate!)

Have a nice day everyone and best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Morning all!

Skizzie - Welcome! Good luck with the jabbing and upcoming scan

Amabel - Glad you found the angle info helpful! If you triggered yesterday at around 10.30am the best time for insem is 36-48 hours after trigger which would mean tomorrow morning falls into that time frame
    I know what you mean about trying to remain calm! I would get so excited one day and then convince myself the next that it wasn't going to work.. I don't know how I'm not completely insane yet!

Mellington - Its funny how the Dr can make you laugh! DH told me my cervix (he had to watch!) looked like a donut At least yours was a nice compliment How are you dealing with the TWW today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I'm out. . Period arrived today, waiting for call from FN to say where to go from here. Good luck to everyone. Here's thinking lots of positive vibes.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub

Me: 35 (PCOS)
    DH: 45 (MFI)
    TTC since 2004
    Angel baby April 2009

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi slizzie - welcome and good luck.

Carly and mark - sorry to hear AF has reared her ugly head at your house.

Apparently we are a group of well behaving cervix's! My DP got a similar comment from the nurse who did our insemination.
    We are still symptom spotting, but haven't yet poas! We have our blood test on 2/11 but it seems so far away!

Mellington - I learnt how to give my DP the injections. But I'm hopeless. I can't do the stabbing part, but DP can't push the plunger in! So it actually takes the 2 of us to give an injection! And then both of us need to lay down or we would pass out! The special post injection chocolates are helping though! Me more than her though I think!