+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 86 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Welcome Kemmy I hope you are coping well with the TWW, I was like you the first time around. As time goes on the waiting is still killer but you get somewhat used to it - just keep thinking positive thoughts.

How are you DQ? We are almost 9dpiui and I gotta say, this time has gone quite quickly for me. I have my work xmas party on friday so it will be the weekend before we know it. I think im going to do a hpt on sunday morning That is the longest I will be able to wait lol

Flynnsmumma I hope everything goes well on Friday

Blueangel, my dp does my injections when he can but there have been times where he isnt around, I have done a few of them myself & it does get easier. It will be worth it

AFM i dont want to jinx it but I'm feeling a good vibe this time

Hope everyone is going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone! Welcome Kemmy and blue angel. I hope you both enjoy your time in our little group.

Kemmy I know what you mean with the tww, our first cycle I was checking in with DP every few hours to see if she had any new symptoms! It really does make you look at everything to try and interpret it as a sign!

Dancing queen, I am so jealous of your strength at staying away from those HPT's. I have taken my hat off to you. How is everything going?

Mellington, I hope all is going well with your mum, and that you are still able to go through everything with your cycle despite the added stresses you must be facing.

Blue angel, I just got a mental image of a doctor in a white coat giving an ovary a stern talking to and then hopping it over the head with a clipboard! I hope you respond well to the drugs to and your ovaries start doing their job a little better for you

Skizzie - how goes things in the world of you?

AFM we went and saw Dr Anne today. Dr Anne could see a nice follicle developing on the right ovarybthis time ( our previous 2 attempts have been from left eggs). The egg is bigger at this stage in the cycle than the last 2 where at the same stage. So my DP has to have a blood test on Friday to determine whether or not the magic squirt will happen over the weekend.
    Unfortunately they can no longer get the pregnyl injections, so we will be on the crinone gel. Also while there we discussed with dr Anne the whole pregnant and then not so much and she has reviewed my DP's initial blood work and decided to up the blood thinners from the Cartia to Clexane. these changes are what we need. DP was really excited that she no longer had to have the pregnyl injections, until the nurse informed her the clean was an injection. DP said oh well, 1 is better than 3. The nurse said yes, but the clean is not just one, it's one per day! My poor DP's face went white and she had to sit! Looks like I will have to start making chocolates again, and that we will do our crazy injection procedure daily until we are told to stop! The nurse also mentioned that if successful, the injections could continue at least til 7 weeks, if not longer! Poor DP! I don't think she was ready for daily stabbing! But as she says, oh well, if this is what it takes then let's do it. Only problem with the plan so far is that DP is working on Friday which is when the bloods are. She should be able to just get it done in the morning on the way put to her first job in the morning. Then I'm working both days on the weekend- hmmm how do I call in sick on the day of the magic squirt without telling the boss why I'm taking the time off at such last minute? And being a weekend, I don't really want to take the whole day off as I would miss out on the penalty rates, but I don't want to miss the magic squirt either! dilemma!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Catemer & Skizzie

Only 4dpiui today (really, is that all!?), and it feels like forever. Work is definitely keeping me busy and my mind off it a little through the day but it's still really hard to not think about it.

I've had a few possible symptoms but I keep talking myself out of them because it's still so early! I feel soooo bloated! I just ate a yoghurt and I feel like my stomach is going to burst?! Maybe it's just a normal pre AF thing (hope not!). I'm also very gassy (sorry TMI) and my lower back is sore. I had to push my DP away this morning when she came in for a cuddle because her perfume smelt so overpowering. Anyways, I really should stop symptom spotting or it'll drive me crazy.

P.S I had a dream last night that I was really nauseous and throwing up because I was pregnant (please please )

How's everyone else coping?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kemmy hope your symptoms are pregnancy related. TWW is hard

Catemer I am not strong. I am just not testing because I am scared of another BFN. The urge to test overcomes sometimes but I tell myself there is no point in testing unless I am 12dpiui. When do you guys test? injections everyday!! that cant be good. All the very best

Mellington hope your mom is okay now. It would be hard to manage your cycle along with taking care of mum.

Skizzie my cycle buddy everything is crossed for you :-) good vibes are always good :-) Sunday will be 12 DPO and it would be safe to test my then. My hubby wants me to test on Sunday too but I dont really want to.

flynnsmumma your time will come soon. enjoy this period coz TWW is horrible A****** sorry for bad language but thats how I feel sometimes.

Well I have to tell you all. I was in my office today. Around 11 am I completed all my work for the day and was happly bubhubbing from Office. I saw all the posts and typed a long reply ( what I have written earlier is a summary of what I wanted to say)

Anyways my boss had emailed me to get some work done. I didnt see it because I was busy writting. Finally she came to my desk and saw what I was doing. I got so embarassed ... I cant tell you guys.

9dpiui today... yeah... we are going to Gold Coast for my hubbys Xmas party. It would be so hard staying away from drinks. Wish I would know sooner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been so quiet over the last few weeks, I have been reading but haven't been able to bring myself to write.

DP had two sperm counts done post vasectomy reversal that had been excellent, his surgeon had been very happy and had said we should have no trouble on that account.

When we had the sperm count done with the FS however it was very low and on the day we went for IUI, they were unable to get a reading at all. I was understandably very upset but also confused, I asked FS how it could possibly be so different between pathology labs and all he could really say was he didn't trust the outside labs.

We decided to go ahead anyway as he said we only needed 1 and he had been getting us to TTC everyday naturally so we still had a chance. I also asked if that could be the reason for the low count and he said he didn't think it would make that much of a difference.

Anyway we went ahead with the IUI. I had texted my boss the night before that I had a Dr's appointment and that I would probably be a little bit late but my FS ended up having to do egg retrievals at the hospital and I had to go there for my IUI. I texted my boss 20 mins before I was due to start work that I needed to have a procedure (I haven't told anyone at work what we have been doing) and I would be there as soon as I could.

So got to work nearly 3 hours late, upset about the whole thing due to low sperm count and had my boss yell at me for being late as she didn't get the second text message. Not a good day.

DP suggested a picnic to cheer me up and ended up proposing which significantly improved my mood and helped me be a bit more positive for the TWW.

So I religiously did my progesterone pessaries and my 3 booster injections and waited until the night before I was having my injection to do a test at home. I was feeling really sick, nauseous had had weird stomach twinges all week and was sure I would get a BFP, no luck. I went for my blood test which was also a BFN. Got AF that afternoon and realised I had a stomach bug.

On top of all that there are 3 girls at work that are pregnant and people keep mistaking me for one of them and asking me when my baby is due (I do not look pregnant btw, I am slightly overweight but I don't look pregnant).

So now we are back to the drawing board, I want to have this month off blood tests, injections, taking my temperature, peeing on a stick, inserting things into myself and all the other things that go with it. So DP is having more sperm tests and we will probably save up and do IVF/ICSI when we can.

I booked our consultation for March and the receptionist at the FS rooms was surprised and said "so far away?????". Do most people have a spare $7500 laying around? I know we don't.

Anyway this will be my last post on this thread, I wish you all a fabulous Christmas, good luck to all those on there TWW. My prayers and thoughts are with all of you on your journeys, I hope everyone achieves the outcome they desire whether it be through IUI or IVF or however it happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Pretty petal, my heart breaks for you. I'm not sure if you will read this now that you are not posting on this thread, but I wish the best for you and hope you can have a nice time over Christmas and relax. I can't imagine how you must be feeling, you are very strong to have come this far. Good luck Prettt petal!xo

Catemer - looks like we are almost at the same point in our cycles - I had my bloods done today, just got a call to tell me to trigger tonight(friday) and iui tomorrow.
    I hope things go well for you and DP this weekend! Hope you come up with a good excuse for your boss....
    Bummer about extra injections, but you both seem to have the right attitude towards it - the fantastic outcome!

Mellington, how are you going with the cycle? I really hope you have managed to stay calm whilst trying to do everything!

I hope those of you in the tww are coping... hope it flies and brings great outcomes!

btw, my scan today showed only one good sized follie on the right side, and a few very small follies on the left. So will see how this goes - I thought(hoped) that I would have a few more than that, so my chances were a bit better. At least I have that good one though!

Anyway for everyone, have a great weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs PP, good luck for the new year.
    FM and Catemer- I think I'm going to be close to you guys this month. Bt today, no surge yet, but I expect it Sunday and iui Monday. Here's hoping we all get a really nice Xmas pressie!

How are the rest if you girls going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yayyy it's the weekend

Prettypetal, I wish you all the strength for your journey, I know this was your last post but please come back and see us if you need some love, you know we will always understand CONGRATS on your engagement, that is certainly something to celebrate

DQ how are you going with the TWW? I bet you died when your boss busted you on the thread. I try not to log on at work but I just cant help it sometimes lol.

Catemer, I hope everything went well for the scan and bloods today Did you work out what you are going to do for the magic squirt on the weekend? My DP couldn't get time off for our last one so I went on my own, He is usually always there to support me but it just couldn't be avoided. Surprisingly it was ok being on my own, as you know the nurses are great there so I felt very comfortable. Also.. I have been on the clexane inj this time too, I dont want to freak you guys out but there is a lot more fluid to inject than what we are used too and I have been bruising with it too. But if this is what we have to do to get our little specks to stick then injections it is

Mellington, I hope the travel has been ok

Kemmy I hope the TWW is getting easier

Good luck for tomorrow Flynnsmumma

AFM i have lost my good feeling vibe and now im really not sure - aahhhh the emotional rollercoaster that is Fertility Treatment

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all! I haven't had a chance to sit down and catch up on posts yet, so I hope everyone is doing well. And I hope we have some good news in the next week or so!
    I can, thankfully, say that my Mum is doing really well at the moment. She's actually recovering faster than expected. She is so strong, it's incredible! I'm so proud of her.

I had my day 10 scan today which was a big disappointment. I have a non-existent endometrium and no developing follicles. This is confusing, because I was ovulating well at my previous dose, so I wasn't expecting to go backwards having just increased it. I understand that sometimes this just happens, but wow... It was deflating to say the least.
    I'm continuing my injections, and seeing my Dr again on Thursday. Hopefully there will be some activity by then. Or I think I will have a big cry!

Sorry for the me, me, me post. I just had to vent, and you lovely people always say something to make me feel better.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.

Firstly, Petal, I'm so sorry to hear that this journey has been so hard for you. I commend your strength for putting up with all the confusing and frustrating times you have had. As someone else said, please do pop back in when you restart your journey, albeit slightly different, but we would love to hear from you again. Also, if ever you need that love and support you know we are here for you.

Flynn's Mumma, yes it sounds like we are at very similar points on our cycles. I hope your IUI went well today for you. I know what you mean about wishing for multiple follies. I keep secretly hoping we will have twins!

Chubear, I'm hoping the best Christmas present for us will be all wrapped up in my DP's belly too!

Skizzie, thanks for the heads up re the clexane. Our plan is to make funky patterns with the bruises! who knows maybe the bubba can smile at us through the bruises! The clean is actually a blood thinner to help blood pass throguh the placenta better, so it would make sense that it bruises.

DP had her blood test yesterday, and not quite an O. Today the OPK was quite pale,so the clinic said Trigger at 9pm, iudi at 930am on Monday morning! Woo hoo! And our first choice donor was available on this list too, so hopefully this means we get him again! Luckily our magic squirt isn't over the weekend, although I almost had to do overtime this afternoon! Luckily I was able to pass the job over to the night crew, otherwise I may not have been home for the stab tonight.

DP has arranged for the day off on Monday, and I already have Monday off so I think it has worked out perfectly!

Has anyone used the crinone gel? My DP has that this time instead of the pregnyl injections due to the shortage of it in the country. The nurses said it can bring on the symptoms a little worse than the injections?