+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 86 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome BlueAngel, We certainly are a supportive bunch I think it is wonderful that you have made the decision to have a baby on your own

I have never taken Clomid but...........I have been told that the 1st day of your cycle is considered to be the first full day of bleeding regardless of how heavy it is. So with that in mind I would consider today as day 2 of your cycle. I'm not sure what the other girls think, hopefully one of the others will log on soon and give you some advice.

Mellington - I'm so happy for you and DP and your decision to try again good luck with the extra follies........maybe we will have a set of twins to celebrate

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skizzie For This Useful Post:

BlueAngel71  (07-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Blueangel, welcome to the thread! You're right, everyone here is very supportive. This place has kept me sane, recently. Haha! Regarding your question about when to start Clomid: My Dr told me to consider the first morning that I had bright red bleeding when I woke up as day 1. But there is a lot of variation depending on who you speak with. The other thing to take into account with Clomid, is that there are a lot of different starting days. (Eg. Your Dr says day 2 to 9. When I was taking it, I took it days 3 to 10. Other women take it days 5 to 12.) So if you're a little bit out with your timing, it shouldn't have catastrophic consequences for your cycle.
    If I were you, I'd probably consider today to be day 2, and start taking it. But if you're uncomfortable, you can always call your Dr first thing tomorrow morning to double check.
    What dose have you started on? Clomid gave me some yucky side-effects, but I have to say that it wasn't as bad for me as I'd imagined it would be. I did have some mood swings, but I wasn't hysterically out of control or anything. The worst part were the hot flushes. Aye, aye, aye!
    Let us know how you go!

Skizzie: Thank you! When my Dr suggested yesterday that we aim for more follicles this cycle, my face looked a bit like this . Which is probably a bit silly, but I was quite happy plodding along with my single follicles.
    I'm frightened of multiples. Mostly because of the potential for complications, and also because they are such hard work. Especially considering that I already have a toddler. But I trust that this is the logical next step for me. And after having a chat with my husband, I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with the idea.
    How are you doing?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mellington For This Useful Post:

BlueAngel71  (07-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mind if I join you ladies?

My partner and I are now officially in the TWW!!! Luck was certainly on our side this weekend, our FS called us at lunch on Sat to let us know that today (sun) would be the day & she would be coming home late Sat night (shes been away) so could meet us at the clinic in the am! So... Today we had our first IUI! We're very excited & hopeful for a Xmas bfp

This might be TMI but.. All been good today, no cramping etc but had some brownish tinge in my EWCM tonight. Is that normal post IUI?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome!
    Yep a bit of cramping or bleeding can be normal post iui. Good luck for your tww.
    I agree with clomid differing from dr to dr. Ours is cd 2-6 only.

Hope you worked it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Double post
    Last edited by Chubear; 05-12-2011 at 15:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big Hello everyone Hope you all had a great weekend.

Mellington I will try this cubcake shop next time. I never saw it across the road. I always go to Max Brenner - Chocolate by the bald guy which is just across the boad from eve. try it next time. I suggest chocolate chocolate fondue yum yum .....

Catemer yes I am still staying away from the HPTs. As I said I was so low last cycle for one week. which was too much for me. this cycle I am not going to do the test till 14 dpiui as suggested by doc. If AF arrives before that I will be sad but atleast that way I will spend less time feeling sorry for myself as it would be time to decide to go for next cycle.

Skizzie almost 7 dpiui today. how is TWW treating you?

Hey Kemmy spotting after iui is normal. I never get one but my FS tells me not to get excited if i get it. sometimes it is a sign of implantation as well.

BlueAngel71 welcome . I was stalking this tread since Catemer created it and finally decided to join. It is the best thing I did as I get lots of support from the people here and I feel talking to people who are going through similar situation helps a lot. It is my own support group. I dont know much about clomid as i just did 2 cycle of it but i suggest clomid support thread. I use to stalk it when I was on clomid.

AMF .. This week was really busy. I have to say that 6 days of TWW went pretty quick. I had a great weekend with friends. was practically alive on takeaways all weekend and today had bad tummy bug because of it. Both me and hubby are not feeling well so this week it is strickly home cooked food for us.

stay positive everyone. I recently read a book which states 7 laws of mind. One of it was If you think positive our brain sends good signals and it makes things happen. I dont know how but i want to believe it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kemmy: Hi! Welcome to the tww! To answer your questions, I was told that a little bit of spotting is normal following an IUI.
    Are you doing a stimulated cycle, or natural?
    I hope the days are flying by for you!

DQ: The cupcakes are amaaaazing! I can't remember what the shop is called though! It's very little, and is near the cafe that is always overflowing with cyclists. Sorry, my description is so vague. Haha! When I have my appt on Saturday, I'll be sure to drop in and find out what it's called.
    Also, I love Max Brenner! The fondue is divine
    I'm glad to hear that you're keeping busy, but not so glad to hear that you've been unwell. OH I hope you're successful this cycle!

AFM: I'll be away from the forums for a few days. My Mum's having surgery this week, so I'm going to travel to my home town to look after her.
    I have to say, the logistics of traveling in the middle of a stimulated cycle are mind-boggling.
    All the best to you guys, I'll catch up when I get back home again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know how you girls do it... I'm 2dpiui and it's my every thought!! I don't think I've ever been so in tune to my body! How on earth am I going to survive the 2WW?

Thanks Chubear - it's nice to have the reassurance

mellington: Thank you. I'm doing a natural cycle but have been told to start using the progesterone pessaries from Friday onwards... does that still make it a natural cycle?

Sending out lots of to everyone for Xmas BFP's!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the welcome.

Skizzie and Mellington.... Decided to take the Clomid on Sunday even though it was only a light bleed. Was working night shifts on Friday into Saturday so took me awhile on Sunday to actually work out what day it was. My FS has me doing my clomid days 2-6. So as of today I am Day 5 of Af and Day 4 of Clomid.

Went and saw FS yesterday to clarify the next stage. I have a really low AMH so she also wants me to have gonal-f injections. Starting day 6 I have to inject
    she says that she wants to hit my ovaries pretty hard over the head to get them doing something So tomorrow morning I will be having 100mgs Clomid and 300u of gonal-f. Then will be working a night shift so things could get interesting!

Hope everyone is well and those of you in their TWW aren't finding it too hard to deal with! for you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    I hope those of you in the tww are doing ok! I am still doing my injections and Kemmy, I agree, I can't think of anything else - and I am not yet at the tww!

Mellington, how are you going with looking after your Mum during your cycle? Hope you (and your Mum) are ok.

BlueAngel, can anyone assist with your injections? While they aren't too bad, I can not inject myself, but if someone else does it(and I look away!) it is ok for me. Also, the knowing of why I am injecting helps me through it too.

I have another blood test on friday, along with a ultrasound, to check out what's happening, and to see if/when it is the time for the trigger injection + IUI.

+ to everyone.