+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 86 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Chubear im sorry it didnt work out this cycle i have everything crossed that it will work out for you next cycle. we really do need some good news on this thread.

DQ im glad to have a tww buddy who is at the exact same stage
    A Stimulated cycle is something different for each person depending on their particular need. From my understanding (which is limited at best) the FS prescribes supporting drugs to help the cycle along. My first 3 IUI's were without any drugs what so ever, because of my recurring MC they keep upping the 'support drugs'. My ovulation patterns are fine but I have Puregon the week before O to make sure my egg matures to it's fullest potential - this is the drug I reacted well to this cycle bringing O a few days earlier. I then have Pregnyl injections to support the potential pregnancy and now I am having Clexane injections also - this is a kind of blood thinning drug so the blood can get across the placenta more easily. For me this is pretty much it in terms of supports and IUI, if i MC again I will have to consider IVF

Mellington I hope AF is staying away

How did the bt go Catemer? did you get to book in for a December cycle?

I haven't started going nuts yet but it's only early days, i'm sure the psychosis will set in over the weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All,

Sorry to hear that no-one has had a BFP. I totally agree re: HPT's, the temptation is great and the disappointment is devastating!! Best to wait until you'll get the most accurate result (impossibly difficult I know & I must admit it's a temptation I've haven't managed to avoid).

AFM - This cycle was another failure, this time I fell pretty hard and was/is quite upset about it. FS says any future IUI's will only have about a 2% success rate, so IVF it is! Egg transfer will probably be 23rd December, so fingers crossed this works.

Best of luck peeps, hope you all get your BFP's sooner rather than later and get to hold those bundles of love in your arms. Being a mum is the best job in the world & the love you'll feel for your little one will make it all worth it & everything else will pale in comparison.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, just wanted to update quickly and say that unfortunately, it's another unsuccessful cycle for me. I'm really upset about it.
    And to make matters worse, I'm having the most ungodly cramps ever. Painful to the point of vomiting. Woe is me

Bigs hugs to all (extra, extra big hugs to you Catemer and your DP), and good luck to all of those still in the tww.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello everyone and welcome to Friday!

Skizzie - congrats on your magic squirt. Do you bruise from all those injections? If so you could make them into a funny pattern like a smiley face, or a Christmas tree? Then take a photo and if you cycle is a success show your little one on their 21st that it was the first time they smiled at you! How are you coping with the tww? Keeping busy? Thank you for your support and hugs.

Dancing Queen - likewise, congrats on your IUI, how is the tww treating you. Are you still being strong on your no HPT's? Thank you also for your support.

Thanks Chubear, and hugs for you too. It really sux when AF decides it's not time for a bfp, huh? Remember we are all here for you if you need us for anything. It also sounds like we will be cycle buddies next round, our next iudi should be around the 13-15 dec.

Smyles - to you. I'm so sorry this hasn't worked for you. I was really hoping this would be your sticky one. Good luck with you FET and don't forget to update us on your progress. Remember we are here for you if you ever need to vent or unload, and to help you celebrate any significant milestones. Good luck for you little person venture and I hope you get your bundle of love soon (well in 9 months anyway!)

Mellington - and I'm sorry this one hasn't stuck for you. I hope your cramps have eased a little. If not maybe try a hot water bottle or a heat bag to ease them? It's really hard trying to stay drug free (my DP has been having shocking cramping too) but we were told that things like Nurofen or nape geeks can affect ovulation so the only thing safe to take was panadol. I don't know about you, but DP is trying to tuff it out drug free. We are here for you and if you need to vent a little more privately feel free to PM me.

AFM - DP had the blood test yesterday. Just as we thought it was negative. So we have booked in for another cycle, just in time for Christmas! We have a scan and bloods on Wednesday next week, then we will most likely have the "magic squirt" on the following Tuesday or Wednesday.
    ***TMI WARNING ***
    DP has been having really bad cramping and yesterday, and during the day while at work she passed a really fleshy clot of blood. She said it was like a big round fleshiness and that it made her really sad. She couldn't help thinking that that particular clot could have been the start of a baby. we both had a little cry about that.

But time to stay strong and soldier on. I asked DP if she wanted to have a break over Christmas and that if she wasn't ready for this next round we could wait. She said that no she would prefer to just jump straight back on the roller coaster and give it another whirl.

Another thing, my DP thinks she is psychic. And I have to admit, she is very good at guessing things (in fact the rule in this house is if I ask her to guess something she has to give me at least 2 wrong answers before her psychic answer!) and DP will often know what people are going to say to her before they say it. Anyway she told me that her psychic-ness had been telling iher for a few months now that she would have 2 miscarriages and the. The 3rd would be the sticky one. I really hope she is right on this too. And maybe if she is, I think I might ask her for the lotto numbers!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. Those not in the tww I hope you have a really relaxing, happy and healthy weekend (what better way to prepare for the next cycle), those in the tww I hope you have a really busy weekend to keep your mind off the HPT's - remember Christmas is only 3 weeks away so maybe get busy doing the Christmas shopping?

and to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I am new here, so I hope you don't mind if I join in!
    I am starting my IUI cycle tonight - FSH injections for the 2nd time.
    The first time worked and gave me my gorgeous little boy, who we had been ttc for 4 years naturally. After a lap and a hysto op, and endo removed, we tried again, nothing
    We went forward for IUI, after being offered either IVF or a try first at IUI.
    I am really happy we did!

Anyway, the doctor told me that my results last time were a lot of luck - due to my response to the FSH. Soooooo, this time, I am a mix of confusion, excitement and hope. On one hand, it may not work first time(seemed to be a fluke!) on the other, because I have now had a child, it could be likely.ARGHHH!

Either way, it is quite an anxious time. Will try and relax through it as much as possible...

Good luck to everyone this cycle, and thanks for reading my post.
    + to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubear View Post
    Well I'm out too. Af has rocked up.
    Sad but looking ahead to next cycle. Next iui should be about dec 13.
    Fx for those of you in the tww!
    Oh Chubear I am so sorry for you. stay strong and plan your next cycle. I really wish this would be your cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by skizzie View Post
    Hi

Chubear im sorry it didnt work out this cycle i have everything crossed that it will work out for you next cycle. we really do need some good news on this thread.

DQ im glad to have a tww buddy who is at the exact same stage
    A Stimulated cycle is something different for each person depending on their particular need. From my understanding (which is limited at best) the FS prescribes supporting drugs to help the cycle along. My first 3 IUI's were without any drugs what so ever, because of my recurring MC they keep upping the 'support drugs'. My ovulation patterns are fine but I have Puregon the week before O to make sure my egg matures to it's fullest potential - this is the drug I reacted well to this cycle bringing O a few days earlier. I then have Pregnyl injections to support the potential pregnancy and now I am having Clexane injections also - this is a kind of blood thinning drug so the blood can get across the placenta more easily. For me this is pretty much it in terms of supports and IUI, if i MC again I will have to consider IVF

I haven't started going nuts yet but it's only early days, i'm sure the psychosis will set in over the weekend
    Thanks for explaining Skizzie I always have stim cycle. I have irregular periods otherwise so it is very difficult for me to do a regular cycle. 3 dpo today and I have no symptoms what so ever! unlike last cycle. work is not busy as well so it is constantly in my mind and i keep thinking if no symptoms is bad sign. I will beep everything cross for you dear hope this is your cycle.

Smyles I am sorry it didnt work. I have heard IVF has better chance of success than IUI. All the best and feel free to chat whenever you need us.

Quote Originally Posted by mellington View Post
    Hi guys, just wanted to update quickly and say that unfortunately, it's another unsuccessful cycle for me. I'm really upset about it.
    And to make matters worse, I'm having the most ungodly cramps ever. Painful to the point of vomiting. Woe is me

Mellington for you dear. it's time to eat that muffin on your profile page.
    Last edited by Dancing Queen; 02-12-2011 at 19:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catemer be strong and dont look back. I this cycle works for you I will be the first one to meet your DP. I can probably do with some intervention my self.

welcome flynnn :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Saturday Night everyone

Welcome Flynnsmumma, i really hope this one is as easy as the last one for you x

Mellington I'm so sorry your cycle didnt work out, you know we are here for you. I really hope the cramping has stopped and you are feeling better.

Smyles, i hope you are ok the decision to try IVF is a tough one but I am so please to see that you have decided to give it a try. I think this will be our last iui attempt, we may have to consider IVF also. I hope you and DP are ok and staying strong. Please keep us posted on how you go.

Good luck Chubear and Catemer for your up coming magic squirts

DQ how are you going with the tww? I'm still ok I dont think you should read too much into not having any symptoms this early, our bodies work in strange and different ways each cycle. We are almost 1 week through already, i feel like these last few days have flown, I have been really busy at work which helps, im sure i will start to go a little crazy next week. I have been thinking really positive thoughts
    I have enrolled in a uni summer session and I have an exam next week so I have been busy preparing for that too so I haven't really had time to think about what's going on in my belly.

I hope everyone is ok and coping with this crazy ride

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flynnsmumma: Welcome! It's lovely to meet you! It sounds as though we'll be similar in our cycles this month, I'm starting injections today. So not too far behind you. Also, I love the name Flynn!

Catemer: Thank you so much. Your words really did make me feel better. I've been a bit miserable this week, but I think I'm coming out on the other side of it today. How are you and your partner coping? I really felt for you both when I read your last post. You are both very strong and brave to head straight back in for another cycle. I really hope that you partner is right, and that this is the cycle for you.
    I usually try to avoid taking anything for my cramps etc. But they've been so horrible this time that I've had no choice! I was vomiting and fainting. Ugh. I talked to my FS about it today and he said that it's almost certainly related to the FSH injections, and that unfortunately there's not much that can be done other than riding it out.

Dancingqueen: How are you going? I hope that work is still keeping you busy and distracted! I know I always reeeally appreciate going to work in the tww. Haha, my workmates must think I'm mad!
    And actually, it's funny that you should suggest I eat the muffin in my userpic! Have you ever been to the amazing cupcake shop over the road from Eve? Whenever I have a bad visit with the Dr there, I stop in over the road and gorge myself on cupcakes. Haha!

AFM: Good news today! I had my day 3 scan (Bleurck!), and was given the green light to start another cycle straight away. My husband and I had been considering taking December off, but we've changed our minds and have decided to go for it.
    My FS is bumping up my dose this month to see if we can produce more than one follicle in this cycle. I'm a bit nervous. Haha!

Hope you're all doing well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning,
    I hope that you don't mind me joining here. I have been looking on this thread for awhile (guess you could call it stalking....?) I have noticed that you are all so supportive regardless of the circumstances of anyone in the dicussion and I wanted that.
    Small bit of background. I am single and just turned 40, and as there is no partner in my life I have made the decision to try to have a baby on my own.
    I need a bit of advise though.
    I have been waiting for over 60days for that certain something to turn up so I can start taking clomid. Well it finally started on Wednesday but not properly until yesterday, and then only lightly today it is a little heavier. I am supposed to start the clomid on day 2 of my cycle... So even if it was only light, was it a proper bleed yesterday and do I start today.

Of course it would happen over the weekend so I can't contact my FS to ask her advise.
    So that where your advise comes in... Please help me - would you take the first dose of clomid today.
    Thanks BlueAngel71