+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Smyles hope your journey is short here.

Catemer hope your DP is feeling better now. Isn't it annoying all the meds we take for falling PG give same symptoms. I find it irritating at times.I read in the earlier post that giving trigger shot to DP is a combination effort... how sweet.. how did you go this time?

Skizzie I am sorry hon... I dont have any good news either. My AF arrived yesterday and so this cycle is officially over. I had a scan today and it seems both the overies are silent and doing what they are suppose to do on day 2. I hope this is good news.

anyways had a question for all of you. Last cycle my FS said bloods are not necessary and I thought they would cost extra over an above what i pay for IUI fees. This cycle i insisted on having bloods done right from the start to know when I am ovulating. What else is included in IUI fees apart from scan and bloods? This time i want everything to be done right.

also I feel I ovulated 24 hours after the trigger shot and not 36 hours as doctor said. Is it possible? I didnt do any ovulation test as i normally dont get a line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think positive Skizzie big hug for you :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Skizzie, I'm so sorry to hear that. I think no matter how much we mentally try to prepare ourselves for loss, we can never prepare emotionally. You are in my thoughts chick a dee and to you and your DH through this difficult time. If there is anything you need, we are all here for you and to help support you through this.

Dancing Queen, yep. Injections are still a team effort in our house! And believe me, it's not so much sweet as incredibly funny! I got brave and offered to do the whole injection for our pregnyl last night, but DP said no - she didn't want me to pass out part way through stabbing it in and have the needle snap off inside! But I actually watched her stab it into herself last night and I only went a little pale and woozey!
    In terms of your question, I think it depends on your clinic, but for us, all scans, bloods and drugs are included. So that's at least 2 scans (1 on day 8-10 and a follow up scan on day 12-14 and then another if needed or if ovulation is delayed) at least 3 blood tests (1 at each scan appointment and then your preg bt on 16dpiui) the trigger, the 3 x pregnyl support injections, for us the boy juice (!), and the actual procedure itself.
    Also, we can never find O with those silly tests! We only get faint lines! In terms of when you O'd vs when you stabbed yourself. Our first cycle the nurses actually stabbed my DP after O but before insemination to help the endometrium thicken up and prepare for the pending embryo. This time we stabbed her 20-21hrs prior to insemination, but I think O was about to happen on the same day as the insem.
    I agree that getting bloods done is essential as it gives a much better idea of exactly what is happening.

In terms of symptoms here goes:
    Nausea , headache, lethagy, increased appetite, tiredness and general feelings of exhaustion, increased sense in smell and the sniffles!
    Hmmm maybe I'm reading to much into these! DP mention she had sore (.)(.) today, but I asked her what sort of sore, but apparently just normal tenderness, not super sore like last cycle! LOL! I think my DP must think I'm a nut case!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ARGH! These double posts are really starting to make me cranky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Skizzie x x

Had a nookie filled relaxing two and a half days away. We are officially 2dpiui! Ever since the "magic squirt" dh has been tickling my tummy going "swiiiiium, swiiiiium" lol
    And my Sis says "hello in there!" I tell her we don't know yet but she's excited for us. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear the bad news Skizzie, I've had two miscarriages & no matter how much you try to prepare for the worst it is always awful, big to you and your DH.
    Catemer - I know what you mean re: symptoms. Why do they have to be the same as AF & drug effects? Makes self diagnosis very hard.
    Dancing Queen - I'm with City Fertility Clinic in Brisbane, if my bloods are at QML they are free, but SNP charge about $50, all scans, drugs & appointments are included in the cycle fee. For me, that is usually about 2-3 weeks of FSH injections, 2x bt's & 6-8 scans. If your not happy with your FS, I certainly recommend changing, I did and I love my FS (Dr Julie Lindstrom).
    AFM: I POAS 8 dpiui which was negative and am now devastated, had convinced myself I was pg with twins

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

So sorry I have been a little quiet, it has been a combinaton of dealing with our loss and partying - an odd combo I know . We had our best friends Fancy Dress 40th on Saturday night which was a wonderful distraction. Thank you so much for all your support girls, it helped me more than you know

now to catch up on where everyone is at............
    Catemer and chubear i really hope you both get BFP's Are you/DP using Pregnyl or the Crinone gel?

DQ im sorry your cycle didn't work out this time - stay positive, it can feel like such a long road but we are all walking it together

Smyles if you were only 8dpiui then there is still a chance it has worked, sometimes the hcg levels can sneak up on you at the last minute.

AFM - AF finally arrived today, i got to have a phone appointment with out FS and she has advised us to try one more iui, she has added another injection drug one week post O, i cant remember off the top of my head what its called but I think it is in conjunction with the pregnyl/crinone.

as always......sticky vibes

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh 2 more things......Catemer, we cant see any double posts. Just the one is showing on the thread when I look

Also...computers and I are NOT a match made in heaven lol can someone please tell me where I need to go to update my signature lol
    Last edited by skizzie; 21-11-2011 at 18:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    So sorry to hear the bad news Skizzie, I've had two miscarriages & no matter how much you try to prepare for the worst it is always awful, big to you and your DH.
    Catemer - I know what you mean re: symptoms. Why do they have to be the same as AF & drug effects? Makes self diagnosis very hard.
    Dancing Queen - I'm with City Fertility Clinic in Brisbane, if my bloods are at QML they are free, but SNP charge about $50, all scans, drugs & appointments are included in the cycle fee. For me, that is usually about 2-3 weeks of FSH injections, 2x bt's & 6-8 scans. If your not happy with your FS, I certainly recommend changing, I did and I love my FS (Dr Julie Lindstrom).
    AFM: I POAS 8 dpiui which was negative and am now devastated, had convinced myself I was pg with twins
    Smyles,

last cycle i was fool to test at 9 dpo. AS a result I was in blue mood almost till AF arrived. this time i will not test early. I am happy with my FS at the moment Smyles but if evver i need a change i will keep Dr Lindsay's name in mind. The only thing I hate about my FS is he is in South Bank and I work on wickham Tce in the city!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fancy Dress party wow... that would have been fun :-)

you need to go to your account settings to change your signature.

about me I am on different meds this cycle. Puregon Pen. My last cycle was on Gonal F. does anyone know whats the difference between two meds...

I asked doctor and he said I could go back to Gonal F if I want but i didnt mind different meds at the time of my appointment. now i am worried it wont work on me.

my best friend gave birth yesterday. it seems it's raining babies as everyone seems to have them lately!! Went to see Breaking Dawn yesterday and it seems even Vampires have better chance than me...
    Last edited by Dancing Queen; 21-11-2011 at 19:45.