+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First iudi cycle under way - join us for our tww?

Ok so... We went to the dr this morning expecting to be told we'd missed it and have to wait to next cycle.

Low and behold, on the scan they dr could see an egg just outside of the ovary! So we got a few extra bloods done which showed my DP had only O'd within the last few hours!

Which meant that we got a call to go back for the magic squirt!

So the whole way home, I couldn't help but resting my hand on my DP's belly thinking to myself we could have just made a baby!
    Mind you I made her recline her seat just incase it "fell out"!
    Silly I know!

Tww here we come!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aww congrats! Its an exciting and nervous time!

We had our first IUI about 4 weeks ago and Im now pregnant!
    This area is a great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I had my IUI on Monday 17th October. I'm going through MIVF and have loved the support from the nursing team. I was planning on doing a ICSI IVF cycle however I only produced one dominant follicle so it was changed to a IUI cycle and I triggered on Saturday.

I was told by the nurse that if AF has not shown by 11 November then to organise a blood test. That is over three weeks away. How am I going to wait that long?!?!?!

I made sure I only have one POAS available at home, so as I don't feel too tempted.

Fingers crossed that this waiting time isnt too long, and that we do all get that BFP we all dream of.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub

Me: 35 (PCOS)
    DH: 45 (MFI)
    TTC since 2004
    Angel baby April 2009

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Scissors and congrats.

Carly and Mark - we are aging through fertility first in Sydney. The nurses there are really friendly and very supportive. When we were getting the scan and bloods done on Monday, mention was made about maybe going back in the afternoon for treatment. Given that my DP and I live about and hour and a half from the clinic, I suggested in front of the nurse that we go to Miranda and buy a new handbag while we wait for the results.
    Sure enough when they rang to say come back the first thing the nurse said to me was are you at Miranda? When I said yes she then said well have you bought your new handbag yet? I laughed and said yes. Then she said well you better come back here for your treatment then! I was chuffed that the nurse knew exactly who she was talking to and about our conversation early in the morning.

We have to have a blood test on 2/11 to check for pregnancy. My DP has a 27day cycle that is like clockwork. So this will actually be 3 days after she is due.

My DP will be having beta-HCG injections during the tww, so even if we did poas, it would pick up the injections and could give a false positive. Although her last injection is on day 8 post iui, so maybe we could on day 14 or 15?

Good luck, I hope you get your bfp this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am having injections, pregnyl. Have my first one this Friday and then the next the following Tuesday. I too will be refraining from poas, and I also figure if I make it to the 11 November without viewing of AF, things could be quite possible! Fingers crossed. Good luck with your DP's tww and thanks for starting this thread specifically for IUI/IUDI.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub

Me: 35 (PCOS)
    DH: 45 (MFI)
    TTC since 2004
    Angel baby April 2009

Thanks
    Reviews
    Carly - good luck! The wait is a killer! I couldn't do it.. I was POAS by day 6piui
    That was a positive.. but I had Pregnyl as my booster so I expected it!
    Day 7 & 8 showed negative results...and day 9 showed a faint positive which got darker every day

Cate - fingers crossed for your DPs BT!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind me joining in...

We are on our second round of medicated IUI and insemination is next week.

Cate and Carly, I hope your TWW is going quickly and FX!

Congrats RWS, I hope everything is going well for you.

Does anyone know how long to wait between last ejaculation and insemination? Our clinic has never mentioned this and so I worry...

Thanks for suggesting this area Cate, great idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amabel!
    Good luck with your upcoming IUI!
    Its recommended to wait 3 days between last ejac and insem

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amabel. Thanks heaps. We've actually both had pretty crazy weeks at work this week so it seems to have gone by pretty quick. I gave my DP her 2nd pregnyl injection tonight. I felt like such a meanie. To make up for it I made her some special chockies to eat straight after!

Compared to the 3 hours or so between when my DP had her bloods last week and we were waiting to see if we could have iudi that day this week seems to have flown! I'm sure next week will go slower!

Amabel, what day is your iui?

Hey scissors thanks for the luck. My DP researched the other day the symptoms of pregnancy on the Internet! Now everything she feels/does she tells me that's a symptom! I don't want to be too pessimistic, but if it doesn't work I don't want her to be too gutted, especially if she is convincing herself that all these "symptoms" are pointing to a pregnancy.
    What symptoms did you get and how soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad this thread was started!

I've just had my first IUI on Saturday, and am now officially in the TWW.
    It's so nice to be done with injections this month, but I can tell the next two weeks will draaaag.

It's nice to meet you all