+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tiger Lilly, I totally hear you! So glad others feel the same. My hubby is on a 4/1 roster, unfortunately him working at home is just not an option, we simply cant afford it! Maybe cause we are in WA and everything is so expensive over here.
    We did the calculations and figured that with him at home with the cost of petrol, maintaining a second car and providing extra food and utilities for him he would need to be on the same income, and he just can't get that income at home. We even looked at selling and moving to cheaper suburb or renting, but still the the money we save would only just cover our extra costs, and he would still have to work 12 hour days 6 days a week to make ends meet whch would make him more grumpy and more tired. Just not an option for now, so we have to keep at it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: do you ever resent your partnar for 'not being there'???

I don't resent DP. I resent his job. He is in the navy. When we were in Darwin, he was on a roster of sorts. 2 months on the boat, one month at home... I can't complain about it too much though, as his 2 on weren't always him being away... But the unknown time period really did my head in. Finding out the day he was leaving, without a proper good bye and finding out just hours before he got home that he was going to be home. It was difficult, especially when I was sick... Now the navy aren't giving us a house in our new locality so we are living apart, and I sometimes feel like we should have stayed in Darwin, except for the fact that I'm pregnant and can get support from my family here, but couldn't in Darwin...

So no, I don't resent DP for working away, I resent the navy for being so unpredictable... If he didn't do what he does, who would? Lol

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby was in the navy before he was in the mining industry. I take my hat off to the both of you, whenever I complain about my hubby's long roster I think about all the military families who don't see their partners for years at a time! PLUS I know that they actually do work in the Navy, and it's nowhere near as laid back and carefree as on the mining camps.

I would rather hubby do what he do now than be back in the Navy any day! I should stop complaining now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: do you ever resent your partnar for 'not being there'???

Quote Originally Posted by Steph83 View Post
    My hubby was in the navy before he was in the mining industry. I take my hat off to the both of you, whenever I complain about my hubby's long roster I think about all the military families who don't see their partners for years at a time! PLUS I know that they actually do work in the Navy, and it's nowhere near as laid back and carefree as on the mining camps.

I would rather hubby do what he do now than be back in the Navy any day! I should stop complaining now.
    I just want to live with him in our own home again! Lol. And I want to set up bubs room. And his little girls room. And just be a family again!

I have to agree, I would rather he did mining work sometimes, as it is more predictable. But then at other times I remember that we get a lot from him being in the navy (sometimes). Like he will definitely be home when bub is born

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub