Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default .

Last edited by AndrewTheEmu; 20-03-2012 at 14:34. Reason: privacy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well sometimes, like last night when all I wanted to do was sit down to a movie and desperately needed a break after a hard week of cranky testing children but hubby got called out at 8 at night i think it was came home a couple of hrs later... It's hard and it's times like those or when I have to still do all the dinner bath bed routine as well as starting the day at 6am that I just wish he could be with me... But the $ is paying the bills as well... Hugs to you...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some times. I do if he does a favour and does a shift for someone else who wants to go to an event or party etc and says "well we wouldn't be doing anything, we have kids and they know that I can't say no". I really makes me annoyed because the girls miss out on a quality day with him so that some unmarried guy gets to go to his party. THAT annoys me.

Over all though, he has to work a lot for his job and he doesn't get a choice, he can't not move up as it is required that you do each year or you don't get a job. The hours are required to do the job and aren't because he is picking them up usually, so I can't resent him for something he has to do.

The only option for less hours is a different job and he is doing it because it is his passion, not for the money.

What I resent is that 8 years of uni = less then what most of our friends make in easy jobs. It will get better but not for years. It sucks to be alone so much and not even have a nice house or shopping to console myself with

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyLittleTootsies For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (20-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't resent him as such but I do get frustrated at times when I am doing things alone... again! Kindy orientation with a 15 month old hanging off my hip will be fun next week. So is dragging the little one to his brother's swimming lesson every week.

It is lucky that a lot of my friends are in the same position. We plan events for when the boys will be home.

Sorry you are finding it tough atm

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still utd but we have dss 50/50 my partner does work six days a week leaves at 6. Home at 6 maybe 5 depending where he works. I never get angry or resent. Cause if it wasn't for that we wouldn't eat! I tell his mum how proud she should be that she has a son who has such strong work ethic. Never complains about work or about going . We thank him !

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by AndrewTheEmu; 20-03-2012 at 14:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, because I know he can get a job close to home with the same pay, if he just got off his butt and took action! DH missed the birth of our son, he knew I was in hospital bleeding & having contractions, but still went to work 2hrs away on night shift!! Took me about a year to stop being mad about that one - DS was born at 31 weeks and I had a traumatic birth with nobody I knew with me.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww loving5 thats horrible *tears* that really is so sad. I can understand why it took you so long to forgive your DH!! i would have been ropeable for a very long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do sometimes, and he also resents me working overtime too. We argue a fair bit about work, we both love our jobs and find it hard when the hours clash, or we don't see each other for days. I've spent the weekend alone with the kids cause DH is working, and I have been called into work tonight and he isn't happy about that. So yeah, i think we both feel resentment sometimes, but it's just what we have to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by love05 View Post
    Yes, because I know he can get a job close to home with the same pay, if he just got off his butt and took action! DH missed the birth of our son, he knew I was in hospital bleeding & having contractions, but still went to work 2hrs away on night shift!! Took me about a year to stop being mad about that one - DS was born at 31 weeks and I had a traumatic birth with nobody I knew with me.
    Awe I don't know how I'd forgive that! U poor luv xx

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)