User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My birth story...may contain tmi

So i was booked in for induction at 3Pm on the 26Th of september. doctor came to see me at 5Pm And checked my cervix and applied first lot of gel. (was male doc, dh wasnt happy, get what ur given at public hospital lol) only was getting cramps after that nothing to worry about. applied second lot of gel at 11Pm and let me rest for the night, not that i could sleep! dh stayed right by my side all night. in the morning i sent him home to shower and to eat while the girls preped me to have a drip and my waters broken, which they did basically right away! and as soon as the liquid hit my veins i was in full labour, dh came back as i was having my second contraction:-) good timing baby! Xo
    couple hours later midwife tried to break my water again and i was 4cm dilated. trying to breathe with every contraction and dh encouraging me on every one helped... i hit 6cm and i felt the urge to push. so dh told the midwife, and she replied no she can't she is only 6cm. i strongly felt she was wrong, and pretty much went

Thanks
    Reviews
    ... ''stuff her'' looked at my gorgeous husband who was holding my hand, and began to push.
    i think he panicked and went to get the midwife... i can't remember but next min she was there helping as she had to stretch my cervix around the babies head as i pushed... hurt like hell but 20Min later our beautiful son was born...
    my dh couldn't believe how strong and determined i was and could not tell me enough how proud he was of me. especially with no pain relief i was Damn proud of myself! :-D
    we have a gorgeous baby boy. Born on the 27th sept a.k.a dh bday =p @ 2.13pm
    weighed in at 3.5kg and 52cm long, head 36cm round...
    we named him Rawiri-Jeremiah who is now almost three weeks old. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Amber Star - 2,000 postsTopaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow - congratulations!! Sounds like you knew exactly what your body wanted to do and when your little one was ready to make his entrance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! Love the name. Sounds like you are blessed with an awesome birthing body - gives you the option of no intervention the next time, if there is a next time. Babymoon blessings!
    "76.7% of NZ women are cared for by midwives. 3.18% of Australian women are cared for by midwives. Are Australian women sick? Only 12% of Australian women fit the medical\obstetric complication criteria."
    Rafferty, Ball & Aiken, Quality Health Care Journal, 2005