+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I started solids around 5 months. My ds was interested in food and loved watching us eat and was happy to have the spoon with food in his mouth - didn't push it out with his tongue.

As for timing of solids - you offer it AFTER milk, not before. Milk (as others have said) is the important part of the baby's diet and solids compliment it. So you offer milk first and solids afterwards.

My ds wasn't on 3 solids meals a day til 7.5 months and even then that only lasted a few days, before he went back to twice a day. He was a bit all over the place (and so was I with trying to fit in the solids meals) with meals til maybe 11 months of age ... but he kept up with 4 - 6 (sometimes more) breast feeds a day and grew well .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thanks guys. I really didn't know. I would have tried to give him a banana or something thinking he skips the milk until next feed.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine were 6 months and we did the rice cereal/purees thing and 5.5months and we did BLW.

One thing to note, is that bananas can really constipate little tummies. Pear or pumpkin are good to start with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On the other hand bananas are filling and are recommended to assist sleep. Constipation often occurs in the weeks starting solids. My tip is a quarter of a cup of prunes and 2 apples boiled together and pureed. Solids is such an exciting time I tried bub on a variety of the organic bought baby foods for the first 6 weeks to get an idea of what he does or doesn't like before making him batches and freezing. I have had fun the past few weeks making dishes for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a newbie to bub hub, motherhood and forums ... This is great! What an awesome way to discover and banter about things that occupy our minds! Solids is exciting, but I seem to spend alot of time preparing and worrying about what my baby bean is eating, when and the whole how many bottles, how much food?? So thanks for all the hints n tips

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TulaBeanieBoy For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (19-01-2012)