+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gaggeneau and you're looking at around 20k.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    Gaggeneau and you're looking at around 20k.
    bahaha.. bugger that...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mean maybe they have cheaper models but i went to a place a few weeks ago and they were ludicrously expensive. Gorgeous and enormously functional, but, expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had a 800mm ILVE for 5 years and I LOVED it. Kept a beautiful temperature, I used to have great sucess with my cooking and I could fit two big baking trays side by side on one shelf. We have moved and the builder just put in a standard 900mm Westinghouse. I was devo

Thanks
    Reviews
    we were bidding on a falcon on ebay, but i think we will let it go - as much as I would love it I just can't really warrant $6k on an oven.

for that much money we could get a cheap oven and range hood, my sink reannemaled, get everything fitted and get a new hot water service.

ahhhhhhhhhh i don't know what to do?? what would you do if you were me?

this isn't our forever home which is the reason for the budget reno to begin with.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    we were bidding on a falcon on ebay, but i think we will let it go - as much as I would love it I just can't really warrant $6k on an oven.

for that much money we could get a cheap oven and range hood, my sink reannemaled, get everything fitted and get a new hot water service.

ahhhhhhhhhh i don't know what to do?? what would you do if you were me?

this isn't our forever home which is the reason for the budget reno to begin with.
    To be a complete party pooper, if it's not your forever house i wouldn't renovate your kitchen at all and save the money so you can move sooner. That's what i've decided to do. We have 15k saved that we were all set to put in a new kitchen with (and believe me, my kitchen is complete rubbish) but decided at the last minute that i can live with it if it means we can move in 4 years instead of 5.

Also i don't want to sound nosey but can you really afford a new kitchen? Ergh i can't think of a polite way to word it, but i know you were in some financial difficulty not too long ago, even if you've got back on your feet don't you want to save your money so you're not all the way back at square one again?

Eep if that's way out of line to ask, let me know and i'll delete it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    To be a complete party pooper, if it's not your forever house i wouldn't renovate your kitchen at all and save the money so you can move sooner. That's what i've decided to do. We have 15k saved that we were all set to put in a new kitchen with (and believe me, my kitchen is complete rubbish) but decided at the last minute that i can live with it if it means we can move in 4 years instead of 5.

Also i don't want to sound nosey but can you really afford a new kitchen? Ergh i can't think of a polite way to word it, but i know you were in some financial difficulty not too long ago, even if you've got back on your feet don't you want to save your money so you're not all the way back at square one again?

Eep if that's way out of line to ask, let me know and i'll delete it
    hey love, not at of line at all...

i prob should have explained - it's not my money - my dad wants to buy the oven for me. It is normally around $8k, so is his mind it is cheap. and he wants to pay to get it installed. (it's not like he will give me $6K to put in bank or save for something else - he is unusual - he wants to get me an oven IYKWIM)

the dishwasher we already have, just need to get it fitted.

me and dh are doing the basic reno of painting, tiling and new countertop which will cost a total of $500 of our money. (dh is making the countertop out of hardwood he has collected around the place - he has a biscuit joiner and thicknesser or something to do it)

so yeh my dad wants to get us this oven, but with the price i was thinking it could be better spend getting a new hot water service and a cheaper oven. but then dad said he would just get it all for us.

and i just don't know what to do - we are trying to be more independent and all that stuff and I just think maybe its too much money. but then i htink he going to spend $2k on a crappy oven, maybe spend $6k on one i will have forever even if we move house???

as for moving - we will keep our property but hopefully in 10yrs or so rebuild a new house and move this house somewhere else.

so all that considered what would you do? our oven is terrible!!!!!! the door falls off and it is one of those awful bottom elements without a fan - so we really do NEED a new oven - i just don't know what to do???

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    ohhh, that makes sense i would buy an oven that you like and will last and you may be able to take with you then. because you won't be able to take the hot water system with you!

My mum is the same, she likes to buy me things that *she* wants to buy, which is lovely and i'm grateful but sometimes is so impractical

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    ohhh, that makes sense i would buy an oven that you like and will last and you may be able to take with you then. because you won't be able to take the hot water system with you!

My mum is the same, she likes to buy me things that *she* wants to buy, which is lovely and i'm grateful but sometimes is so impractical
    i was going to explain that in my first post, but you know there have been alot of thread about parents/money lately and I kinda feel like a spoilt brat.

yeh my dad is very odd - he likes to help out but on his terms and i am grateful but its so confusing and doesn't help me learn to be independent..

ahh ok my other dilema is (assuming I decide to get expensive oven)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Falcon-Ov...item43aa31d8e8 - this oven retails for $7900, we can keep bidding and should be able to get for $6k. not too far to drive and pick it up. this is brand new and not used. its cream and i would probably prefer it in black. (this is there 2nd to product and was orginally my second choice)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Elan-110-...item27bf1d9fb2
    this is their top model which is the one i really really love and its in black which is the color i really really want. this one retials for around $9.5k. but it is in NSW and has been used??? I woudl have to get it freighted down here.

which one woudl you get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is a good one Fisher & Paykel: http://shop.bigpond.com/Product.asp?...etail&ID=97141 or I'd go the similiar model but Smeg. I have the Smeg one, the only thing that is missing is this self cleaning function I keep hearing people rave about and the timer is max 1hr.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to amesv For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (20-10-2011)