+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Remember with induction, unless you already have appropriate cookwear, you will have that expense too, you cant use any old pots and pans. I prefer gas, so much control, and super cheap to run if you are already using it for other areas (hot water etc).

Sent from my LG-P500 using Bubhub

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    right now we have electric and I hate it so much! We live rural and would need to get bottled gas. I love cooking (dh and i are both chefs as well) and I love my cast iron pots etc. I just don't know if I would like induction - but I am only planning on buying on oven in my lifetime so maybe I need to get with the times???

I was just reading somewhere that fan forced ovens aren't all they are cracked up to be and aren't always truly multifunction? does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Remember with induction, unless you already have appropriate cookwear, you will have that expense too, you cant use any old pots and pans. I prefer gas, so much control, and super cheap to run if you are already using it for other areas (hot water etc).

That's a good excuse to buy more nice stuff

Seriously though, I'm not such a chef-y person that I 'need' induction, I'm just aware it's desirable for resale. Not that I want to sell our place when we're done, but I guess it's one of those things always in mind when renovating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plus I'm just excited about any oven that I can set over 100 degrees and not have it turn food into ash.

Our current oven is a tad dodgy

Thanks
    Reviews
    see im thinking the opposite lucy - I want a freestanding oven that i take with me if I move..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have gas oven and cooktop, we live in the city and have to get bottle gas it still works out cheaper. Can you go into a store for a demo? I dont miss induction and wont put it in my new kitchen but each to their own. Good luck shopping ( & I hate to say but you will probably have to buy more than 1 oven in your life, nothing lasts anymore).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    see im thinking the opposite lucy - I want a freestanding oven that i take with me if I move..
    Hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    We have gas oven and cooktop, we live in the city and have to get bottle gas it still works out cheaper. Can you go into a store for a demo? I dont miss induction and wont put it in my new kitchen but each to their own. Good luck shopping ( & I hate to say but you will probably have to buy more than 1 oven in your life, nothing lasts anymore).

Why would you pass on induction?

Dh reckons if we get a falcon it will last forever? http://www.andico.com.au/productpage...n/elan110.html this is the one he wants? I don't know if I want to spend that much if it DOESNT last forever? I am trying to find reviews but there isn't much

Thanks
    Reviews
    I adore ovens that look like that.

Would that they would suit our place.

And if it suits the look of your house I'm fairly sure it would last as long as you'd need it to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    well i have a bit of research and it seems these are good brands:

Gaggenau, Neff, Ilve, Viking, Falcon, Miele.

Does anyone know anything about any of these?