+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamm - can you give me the details of that clinic please, at this point weve put IVF on hold while we save and possibly do a few things first but I also thought I was going to have to go to Sydney to westmead to get it done at an affordable price for us.
    More info would be fantastic and how did you find the spring wood clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katrea View Post
    Tamm - can you give me the details of that clinic please, at this point weve put IVF on hold while we save and possibly do a few things first but I also thought I was going to have to go to Sydney to westmead to get it done at an affordable price for us.
    More info would be fantastic and how did you find the spring wood clinic?
    Hi Katrea,
    the fertility centre is at springwood, off at exit 20. Not sure what side of the m1 your on but the clinic is on the maccas side, just down near fasta pasta and the and bank. It's in a building which has bank west on the ground floor. They have a website which has all their info I think it's just www.thefertilitycentre.com.au and their number is 1800842862. They only opened in march this year but I believe they're getting busy fast, apparently they're booked solid until July at the moment. I also think from what I've read from other ladies, most of the staff their have come from either monash or qfg. I just went up and made our final payment to them, so we're all square and I can give u a run down of the costs. Our first visit was nothing, 2nd visit was 295 for bloods screenings and scan. Then when I picked up my meds I paid another 900. At egg pickup I signed all the medicare paperwork and they sent it off. I didn't pay anything else for a little while, until I had my 6 week ultrasound and dr app, that was 85 and today I took the cheque from Medicare and paid the final 1166. So all up it was 2500, and when I added up all I got back from Medicare, my rebate was 1500, so 1000 out of pocket. Also something I found a bit strange but extremely helpful I got my refund chq from Medicare last week, which cleared in my bank yesterday, so that covered my final payment. I'm not sure if it's always done that way or if there was an error between Medicare and tfc either way it worked out well for me.
    Tfc isn't for everyone, they do very basic ivf and icsi. They're costs are low because everything is done there. Epu is done under mild sedation, I didn't find it to bad but some women have really struggled with it. You don't have one particular dr that sees you all the time, it's more a shared care thing. Either way we found the clinic really good, the nurses where really friendly and always happy. I mainly saw Lou, Melissa or Leesa all of whom are lovely. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with twins. So it worked for us and were really happy with the results.
    its really worth going up and seeing them, they will quickly determine if they can help you or not and let you know. I think it would be a lot easier than tring to travel to Sydney for it. I also know a friend of mine who used westmead and she said they were good, but very hard to get into. You do have to book several cycles ahead, otherwise you may be waiting a long time to get back in.
    Oh, and with tfc, if you go again another round of ivf, each subsequent round is approx 600 within a calander year. And to freeze there it's 1500, I think most ladies don't freeze, as it's cheaper to go another found with fresh embies.

Anyway, hope this info helps out somewhat, if you want to know anything else feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tamm- thanks heaps for the info, gives my partner and I a heap of hope, means a lot less travel and stress. IVF/ ICSI is our only option at this point, he had a vasectomy many years ago. We were originally putting off IVF due to cost now we can look at it as a possibility in the near future again instead of a possibility when we win the lottery..lol.

Did you have one or two embryo's put back? Do you know if they have a policy about that, I know Westmead would only allow one. It's not really an issue for us tho, I think I'd rather one.
    Did you get an option of a 5 day blastocyst transfer? I had a look at te site and it only mentioned 2 day transfers, it's not the end of the world if they don't but would be good.
    At some point I should just ring them and ask all of this stuff instead of bombarding you with a million questions. I'm trying to put off the phone call because once I ring i won't want to wait and at the moment we've decided to wait another year before trying and are planning a proper wedding first, if circumstances prevent us from that we will skip the wedding and start on the family, but until then were saving our penny's and trying to get as stable and ahead as we can because once I'm pregnant I lose my 2nd job (security guard) too much risk involved. While my main job pays well the extra income of the second job is fantastic too.

Anyway, ranting, questioning massively long post done.
    Hope you and your little ones are well and enjoying the pregnancy. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katrea,

We had two embryos transferred back on day 2. I'm pretty sure they only do 2 and 3 day transfers there.
    they had originally told us, the ruling is that under 35 you can only have 1 embryo put back in, however, on transfer day the dr suggested putting 2 back. Perhaps my age was a factor, I'm 33, closer to the 35 mark, maybe they thought at least one would take. Not to sure. DH and I are in a similar situation to you, except reversed, my tubes are tied. We both have children from previous relationships, 5 in total. But decided to have another one together once we got married. I would get married first, it's a huge event and can be quite stressful, and once everything settles down start your ivf journey. Whatever you chose to do, Goodluck I'm sure it'll work out well for you. If you do chose to do it next year, it might be worth just ringing and making a booking for next year, when you feel you'll be ready, just to save missing out or being pushed back further.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I am so hoping for some advice.

My husband and I have just moved to the Gold Coast from Perth recently. I am trying to figure out the best clinic to go to at the moment. I see Dr Ong from Monash IVF seems to come highly recommended? Is there anyone doing IVF through him at the moment and has any information for me.

I have had 2 ICIS cycle in Perth this year and both have been BFN. I am so hoping that he is the kind of doctor who will want to try something different or have new ideas other than the standised treatment most clinics seem to follow.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love kee!! He amazes me everytime I see or speak to him! He actually cares about you! I can email him at 8-9om at night and he replies almost straight away!

He is very pro-active about trying new protocols. We are gearing up for cycle 3 with him ATM and he's planning on trying a few new things.. I have a lot of hope with him

Thanks
    Reviews

Default It's been awhile since the last post

We went with City Fertility in Robina with Dr Andrew Davidson we are pretty happy with him.

I have a friend who spent 6 years with Monash and no luck, then they went to City Fertility with dr Davidson, they got utd straight away with him, and she referred us to him also so why we went that way. We found out he was a OB and delivered dh daughters before he went into fertility also so dh knew him and liked him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    I love kee!! He amazes me everytime I see or speak to him! He actually cares about you! I can email him at 8-9om at night and he replies almost straight away!

He is very pro-active about trying new protocols. We are gearing up for cycle 3 with him ATM and he's planning on trying a few new things.. I have a lot of hope with him
    Just to let you know, I'm pregnant with b/g twins. 30 weeks! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awwwww nearly there congrats!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to helstar2303 For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (03-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hels!